• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floridian

Isn't it crazy how Christina's and Gaga's and Beyonce's and Rihanna's music careers are all finished and yet Mariah keeps going, keeps singing, and keeps working like the true legend she is?

11be1a01dd.gif

All those names you mentioned in the former are still in the studio though working on music.
Yes even Rih. #Pray4R8

Aguila

#ICONIC
Isn't it crazy how Christina's and Gaga's and Beyonce's and Rihanna's music careers are all finished and yet Mariah keeps going, keeps singing, and keeps working like the true legend she is?

11be1a01dd.gif

It's not crazy when you consider how old and hugely legendary she is. She has an ancient backlog of past hits!

I'm living for these F U M E S tonight. She is so old and washed up yet she's all you people talk about.
a75a4fe35c.gif
it's all they can do when their faves' output is N O N E X I S T E N T

what is must feel like be an xtincta stan

on an unrelated note

is it true that sam smith is just adele in disguise? i have no other explanation for ha sudden absence

Brhoom

Banned
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2015/06/03/why-wal-mart-is-ditching-its-celine-dion-soundtrack-and-getting-a-deejay/
So Walmart was playing a Celine Dion CD on loop for months for it's employes... And now they want to stop.

From the article:
When Mike Moore, executive vice president of supercenters, asked why, Willie replied, “One of my fellow associates recently developed a serious eye-tic from hearing Celine Dion’s greatest hits on loop in our stores.”

Poor employes having to listen Celine snooze all day, the nightmares they must have when going to sleep and waking up knowing they'll hear the same throaty and bad mixed notes all again just breaks my heart.
tumblr_n7gih3iCYq1smcbm7o1_500.gif

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2015/06/03/why-wal-mart-is-ditching-its-celine-dion-soundtrack-and-getting-a-deejay/
So Walmart was playing a Celine Dion CD on loop for months for it's employes... And now they want to stop.

From the article:
When Mike Moore, executive vice president of supercenters, asked why, Willie replied, “One of my fellow associates recently developed a serious eye-tic from hearing Celine Dion’s greatest hits on loop in our stores.”

Poor employes having to listen Celine snooze all day, the nightmares they must have when going to sleep and waking up knowing they'll hear the same throaty and bad mixed notes all again just breaks my heart.
tumblr_n7gih3iCYq1smcbm7o1_500.gif

I know how that employee feels, but it wasn't Celine for me. It was "50 First Dates" when I used to work at Circuit City. At the very least I was able to convince management to change to a concert DVD, so I got to see Mariah perform (forgot the performance), and Rihanna's Manchester concert (AMAZING).

Still, watching that movie 3-4 times a day, 4-5 days a week for months on end nearly drove me insane. It got to a point where I could recognize which scene was playing by the background music across the store.

I know how that employee feels, but it wasn't Celine for me. It was "50 First Dates" when I used to work at Circuit City. At the very least I was able to convince management to change to a concert DVD, so I got to see Mariah perform (forgot the performance), and Rihanna's Manchester concert (AMAZING).

Still, watching that movie 3-4 times a day, 4-5 days a week for months on end nearly drove me insane. It got to a point where I could recognize which scene was playing by the background music across the store.

You need to sue Adam Sandler for emotional distress.

I've considered it and I've only seen trailers for most of his films.

You need to sue Adam Sandler for emotional distress.

I've considered it and I've only seen trailers for most of his films.

That's the thing: I don't mind Sandler's work, and on its own the movie isn't bad. But watching it a few hundred times has made me completely despise the movie. My mom even saw it on sale when I was buying her a gift, and I instinctively said "NO" lol

Touchdown

Banned
from a performance that was suppose to display "great vocals", sell her album, and fill up her vegas nights but instead did the opposite of all 3

w6szNi7.gif

Not only did she fill up her vegas nights but she added more shows to it. Her album sold a lot for being her 4th greatest hits collection and she did show great vocals as always so bye.

3f6d1afaf8.gif

rhandino

Banned
Ellie Goulding Explains Why She Deleted That Katy Perry Instagram

"No, I deleted that because I looked bad in it"
"And I think I was a bit drunk. And I thought it wasn't a very good example of myself. That's so funny that, um, that's even a thing. No, I delete things all the time! ... I'm very used to things being made up. That's ridiculous. I'm great friends with Katy, I'm great friends with Taylor. That's very silly. I just looked terrible in it. I zoomed in on my actual photo, and I was like, 'no.'"

Can't wait for Bad Blood 2.0 only this time inspired by Ellie and/or Lorde.

3kA1evx.gif

Azealia Banks is in the news again after signing on to her first acting project.

In the Brooklyn-set drama, Banks plays an aspiring twentysomething rapper who wants a career in hip-hop but is torn by her parents’ dreams that she finish college. She gives in. While matriculating, she finds herself in the classroom; she experiences the true calling of the power of the spoken word, which helps her goals as a hip-hop artist. It has a bit of 8 Mile edge to it.

http://www.thebacklot.com/cakes-da-...ew-album-and-azealia-banks-new-movie/06/2015/

royalan

Well, I guess Lifetime movies are a good field to go into now that she's killed any chance of having an actual rap career. Smart move, Banks.

HELP!

I'm staying at my grandmothers and I turned on my bedroom light just now to look around and I immediately saw three different spiders on the walls

What did I do to deserve this? :(

Meowster

1. Taylor Swift Bad Blood (feat. Kendrick Lamar)
20. Taylor Swift - Bad Blood
41. Taylor Swift - Style
48. Taylor Swift - Shake It Off
67. Taylor Swift - Blank Space
291 Taylor Swift New Romantics
305 Taylor Swift Welcome To New York
325 Taylor Swift Wildest Dreams
331 Taylor Swift I Knew You Were Trouble
349 Taylor Swift Wonderland
416 Taylor Swift 22
469 Taylor Swift You Are In Love
473 Taylor Swift Love Story
489 Taylor Swift You Belong With Me
494 Taylor Swift We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together
666 Taylor Swift Mean
671 Taylor Swift How You Get the Girl
901 Taylor Swift Our Song
913 Taylor Swift I Know Places
918 Taylor Swift All You Had To Do Was Stay
940 Taylor Swift Everything Has Changed (feat. Ed Sheeran)
950 Taylor Swift Out of the Woods
982 Taylor Swift Never Grow Up
1034 Taylor Swift Red

2. Taylor Swift - 1989
86. Taylor Swift - Red
125. Taylor Swift - Fearless
154. Taylor Swift - Speak Now
171. Taylor Swift - Taylor Swift
1425 Taylor Swift Fearless (Platinum Edition)

oldladyhelp.gif

1. Taylor Swift Bad Blood (feat. Kendrick Lamar)
20. Taylor Swift - Bad Blood
41. Taylor Swift - Style
48. Taylor Swift - Shake It Off
67. Taylor Swift - Blank Space
291 Taylor Swift New Romantics
305 Taylor Swift Welcome To New York
325 Taylor Swift Wildest Dreams
331 Taylor Swift I Knew You Were Trouble
349 Taylor Swift Wonderland
416 Taylor Swift 22
469 Taylor Swift You Are In Love
473 Taylor Swift Love Story
489 Taylor Swift You Belong With Me
494 Taylor Swift We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together
666 Taylor Swift Mean

Where's that Taylor Swift satanist gif when you need it.

The Flop

Banned
The good sisses are in the top 10 of itunes and radio in the US. They just slayed their
One Song
Set at the capital ball in London. Slay me queens.

Also...

S-SXjg.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom