• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
About Nile Rodgers, I saw CHIC beginning of this month playing in Hyde Park (pure coincidence or not, he was playing before Kylie lol) and he is great! One of the best concerts I've seen. So much fun! Most of people's faves here could learn a thing or two.

Like right?
I saw them last year when they headlined Bestival and only went along because my friends really wanted to go and I had no idea who they were, then they started performing and I knew like 80% of the their stuff and everyone was having such a good time
Probably my 3rd favourite performer there after Basement Jaxx and Major Lazer

The Flop

Banned
fucking christ demi
giphy.gif

the song is good too

Agreed, I lost part of my weave to iT all.

giphy.gif

Both Selena and Demi's songs are great. They both deserve to do well.

(I like CFTS more though. So much energy in that song, and I love Demi's voice in it.)

Screaming at the new life alert commercial. The little girl watches her grandma die on the floor.
An elderly woman writhes on the floor, rapt with pain and the faint scent of desiccated pussy.

"Grandma," the girl nonchalantly utters.

The girl stares, eyes vacant.

"Grandma."

The girl continues staring.

Useless bitch. I never want grandchildren if they turn out to be this fucking brainless.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I think I like cool for the summer so much because it reminds me of Kesha
I miss ha :(

edit;
DwKRn7O.png

asdkfahnvlsedkhu fac

mess at her thinking eminems cute though. At least she has amorality standard though

rhandino

Banned
I really like the song, and the video is good, but I can't help but feel that Demi is one of the biggest hypocrites in pop.

Case in point:

[ E X P O S E ]
Oh.

This is as amusing as Azealia saying that she could be big if she made the necessary sacrifices.

HIu4WBO.png

At least Azealia is sticking to her guns and remains a hew who likes to burn every single bridge that could lead to a successful career.

Oh well.

S5J1vAc.gif

queen came thru

tumblr_nryb4sFUCw1r8u9jno6_r1_250.gif
I love that outfit tbh, it's so BTW-era Gags.

--

so is Cool for the Summer about being bi-/homo-curious?

in the vid it looks like she kisses a girl at one point, "just something that we wanna try", "taste for the cherry", etc

edit: upon rewatching it ain't demi that kisses a girl, but still

Phreaker

I have this straight friend at work and he never listens to the radio and is not up on pop culture/music at all. He had heard my music at times and asks about it. I made him a CD once of my current faves, maybe two years ago, and he loved it. Not kind of liked it and was just being nice, more like after a few days he would come by my office and sing lyrics at me from the CD. He asked me for a new CD so I made him a Summer 2015 CD and made him buy Years & Years Communion:

1. Good For You
2. Can't Feel My Face
3. Talking Body*
4. Give Me Love
5. Cool for the Summer
6. Dance Like We're Making Love
7. How Deep Is Your Love
8. Worth It
9. Lean On
10. Where Are U Now
11. The Hills

*I know it's older, but this is the song he heard (in my car) that spawned his request for a new CD.

A couple days now and the song he came in singing today? Worth It! ki He said,I love that song! I said, Do you know who sing that? He said, Nope, never heard it before...

I just linked him to the Demi video since it's on his CD. He enjoyed it. ;)

I love that outfit tbh, it's so BTW-era Gags.

--

so is Cool for the Summer about being bi-/homo-curious?

in the vid it looks like she kisses a girl at one point, "just something that we wanna try", "taste for the cherry", etc

edit: upon rewatching it ain't demi that kisses a girl, but still

I thought the lyric "don't be scared cause I'm your body type" were a giveway that it's about same-sex flirting. Upon first listen I interpreted it as "don't be scared because I have a body that you find hot", but now I assume it means "don't be scared because our body's look the same".

That, and off course the other lyrics about it being naughty, don't say anything to mom, we're just curious, ...

Edit: also Matt_, yes this is totally Kesha. Hope she comes back soon.
Edit: also Phreaker, nice playlist.

I thought the lyric "don't be scared cause I'm your body type" were a giveway that it's about same-sex flirting. Upon first listen I interpreted it as "don't be scared because I have a body that you find hot", but now I assume it means "don't be scared because our body's look the same".

That, and off course the other lyrics about it being naughty, don't say anything to mom, we're just curious, ...

good point tbh, I never even thought about that

let me stan the song more now

Phreaker

I assumed similarly after she tweeted about Perra not being the only one who kissed a girl and liked it, or something. That's why I had put it on my friend's CD tbh

I never thought it sounded Kessha-like until Matt said something.

I assumed similarly after she tweeted about Perra not being the only one who kissed a girl and liked it, or something. That's why I had put it on my friend's CD tbh

I never thought it sounded Kessha-like until Matt said something.

I think it sounds like a mix of the bubblegum pop from Katy and the 'punk'-dance music from Kesha. The video is definitely Kesha though.

The Flop

Banned
I have this straight friend at work and he never listens to the radio and is not up on pop culture/music at all. He had heard my music at times and asks about it. I made him a CD once of my current faves, maybe two years ago, and he loved it. Not kind of liked it and was just being nice, more like after a few days he would come by my office and sing lyrics at me from the CD. He asked me for a new CD so I made him a Summer 2015 CD and made him buy Years & Years Communion:

1. Good For You
2. Can't Feel My Face
3. Talking Body*
4. Give Me Love
5. Cool for the Summer
6. Dance Like We're Making Love
7. How Deep Is Your Love
8. Worth It
9. Lean On
10. Where Are U Now
11. The Hills

*I know it's older, but this is the song he heard (in my car) that spawned his request for a new CD.

A couple days now and the song he came in singing today? Worth It! ki He said,I love that song! I said, Do you know who sing that? He said, Nope, never heard it before...

I just linked him to the Demi video since it's on his CD. He enjoyed it. ;)

The impacT of "Worth It" knows no bounds! Yaaaassss!

Touchdown

Banned
Leona Lewis is going to be the first female artist to have 100+ million views on two videos of the same song: Bleeding Love, making a new Vevo record.

UK Version: 124,596,924 views
US Version: 99,859,794 views

Grats
67d90ee8.gif

The Flop

Banned
Leona Lewis is going to be the first female artist to have 100+ million views on two videos of the same song: Bleeding Love, making a new Vevo record.

UK Version: 124,596,924 views
US Version: 99,859,794 views

Grats
67d90ee8.gif

Well deserved! And welcome back again!

WC4o100.gif

EDIT; New Music from A Great Big World "Hold Each Other" The coming out song for one of the singers (the one on the right).

a-great-big-world-hold-each-other-cover.jpg

tumblr_static_cwg3waafz14cgw4wc8owkokg0.jpg

Good for ha.

Phreaker

Don't be scared cuz I'm your body tyyyyype

oSqfbHD.gif

The song is really about her eating this for the summer

cherry-pie.jpg

How Deep Is Your Love is a great Calvin track. I was shocked.

Yes, the song has got me!

The impacT of "Worth It" knows no bounds! Yaaaassss!

sis, I thought of you right after. I thought of all the songs that is the one that has his ear at the moment. He never heard any of those songs before. He's also a master violinist and from a very musical family. He usually listens to classical stuff, but in his heart he's a sucker for a great pop song and good production.

The Flop

Banned
Whelp... If I get banned overnight b/c of Tomb Raider. It's been real. Keep slaying "Worth it" and get ready to slay a biT "Top Down' Let me pray that it won't happen, but I think the Sony squad is out to get me tonighT.

tumblr_nry5w3LkDE1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

I'm a marked man for spilling some tea. Help me!

A BMK tea.

Barack-is-not-impressed-barack-obama-9404599-300-230.gif

I don't even understand how you sestras get banned because of that gaming nonsense.

At least here, the line between an innocent drag and a homophobic slur regarding Frank Ocean's monstrously deviant sexual habits is, perforce, blurred.

Floridian

Whelp... If I get banned overnight b/c of Tomb Raider. It's been real. Keep slaying "Worth it" and get ready to slay a biT "Top Down' Let me pray that it won't happen, but I think the Sony squad is out to get me tonighT.

tumblr_nry5w3LkDE1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

I'm a marked man for spilling some tea. Help me!

A BMK tea.
You're fine. I don't spend much time on the gaming side anymore other than small lurking, but folks have to realize that not everything goes how they want it to. Just don't fall into the "console warzz" mess.

Moonchild

Neo Member
FFX and ATRL? tell us your faves.

Favorite pop girls: Lady Gaga, Cher, Kylie Minogue, Madonna (I have a soft spot for Britney, too)

Favorite music genres: Pop, electronica, French house, J-pop, synthpop, dancepop, Europop, disco, nu-disco, traditional pop, jazz, big band, musical scores

Favorite video games/franchises: Final Fantasy, Paper Mario, The Legend of Zelda, The Elder Scrolls, Bayonetta

Favorite video game genres: JRPGs, RPGs, action, occasionally MMORPGs (played Runescape a ton back in the day)

Currently playing: Nier, Valkyria Chronicles, Dark Souls

I only recently got into serious gaming, so I have some catching up to do in terms of games to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom