• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMeisterJ

Banned
ILLITERACY is a PACKAGED deal with any Navy card holders. Except DMJ's Navy Fleet
gaga12.gif

inuTjD1XYmaTe.gif

I saw the post pre-edit tho

#TruNavy
gaga12.gif

FOTP hew though?

#TruNAVY

Satch

Banned
i have
TWO
songs from Rated R on my spotify playlist

and
ONE
song from Loud on my spotify playlist

this leads me to believe that Rated R is the
SUPERIOR
rihanta alberm

Ties

Banned
iEJi75gOsSO1Z.gif

Good Girl Gone Bad is the era that put Rihanna on the map and differentiated herself from her contemporaries. It spawned several notable hits in her career such as: Take a Bow, Disturbia, Don't Stop the Music, and of course the iconic game changing track Umbrella. The world was finally exposed to the Rihanna reign that would continue to ravage the charts and radio.

Loud is her most commercially successful album, with three consecutive number one hits and it debuted her most iconic and commonly replicated look, the red hair. It is the era that managed to make up for the commercial underperformance of her previous era, overRated R. With club bops such as Only Girl, What's My Name, and S&M making up the album; the album excels in diversity. Pulling from her debut eras and perfecting her Barbadian craft, she has given us the almighty Man Down. The flawless ballads of Complicated, Skin, and California King Bed continue to prove that our favorite pop girl can not only control the dance floor, but she is capable of pulling off show stopping ballads as well.

While initially heavily anticipated, overRated R failed to live up to the previous and succeeding eras, and it only managed to have one breakout hit: Rude Boy. Despite being critically lauded as her best album, it almost kicked Rihanna off her pop monopoly, giving way to the lessors Lady Gaga and Katy Perry attempting to usurp her throne as the contemporary queen of music.
ib1MWBOXdln85k.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
iEJi75gOsSO1Z.gif

Good Girl Gone Bad is the era that put Rihanna on the map and differentiated herself from her contemporaries. It spawned several notable hits in her career such as: Take a Bow, Disturbia, Don't Stop the Music, and of course the iconic game changing track Umbrella. The world was finally exposed to the Rihanna reign that would continue to ravage the charts and radio.

Loud is her most commercially successful album, with three consecutive number one hits and it debuted her most iconic and commonly replicated look, the red hair. It is the era that managed to make up for the commercial underperformance of her previous era, overRated R.

While initially heavily anticipated, overRated R failed to live up to the previous and succeeding eras, and it only managed to have one breakout hit: Rude Boy. Despite being critically lauded as her best album, it almost kicked Rihanna off her pop monopoly, giving way to the lessors Lady Gaga and Katy Perry attempting to usurp her throne as the contemporary queen of music.
ib1MWBOXdln85k.gif

Educate. Them.

Kyon

Banned
iEJi75gOsSO1Z.gif

Loud is her most commercially successful album, with three consecutive number one hits and it debuted her most iconic and commonly replicated look, the red hair. It is the era that managed to make up for the commercial underperformance of her previous era, overRated R.

ib1MWBOXdln85k.gif

GGGB is the superior album. I have argued this many times and most navy want to shit on it with OVERRATED R.

PREACH HA!

i9ucbawxheq5t.gif

Why are we talking about Clap-Back? Let's get back to the best pop album of 2012.

The combination of Make The World Move, Let There Be Love, Red Hot Kinda Love, Army of Love and Just A Fool is just... delectable. My review will dive DEEP into this shit.

Mau ®

Gurl I love LOUD and GGGB (more love to the first tho)

i9ucbawxheq5t.gif

But Rated R remains her best work to date as far as an ALBUM goes

i9ucbawxheq5t.gif

Each Rih era has given us a PIECE OF HER LEGACY tho
Even her first 2 mixtapes

i9ucbawxheq5t.gif

I can't believe however that you'd call it OVERRATED R tho. What kind of LESSER NAVY?

i9ucbawxheq5t.gif

Trigger

I think Rated R is the most revealing and self-reflecting she's ever done on an album. It's not the best commerically maybe, but artistically I think it is. LOUD has so many bops tho.

Ties

Banned
Why are we talking about Clap-Back? Let's get back to the best pop album of 2012.

The combination of Make The World Move, Let There Be Love, Red Hot Kinda Love, Army of Love and Just A Fool is just... delectable. My review will dive DEEP into this shit.
Unfortunately that hasn't leaked yet.
i9ucbawxheq5t.gif

royalan

YASSS!

Praise Her Holy Lotus!

Ties

Banned
Gurl I love LOUD and GGGB (more love to the first tho)

i9ucbawxheq5t.gif

But Rated R remains her best work to date as far as an ALBUM goes

i9ucbawxheq5t.gif

Each Rih era has given us a PIECE OF HER LEGACY tho
Even her first 2 mixtapes

i9ucbawxheq5t.gif

I can't believe however that you'd call it OVERRATED R tho. What kind of LESSER NAVY?

i9ucbawxheq5t.gif
i9ucbawxheq5t.gif

It's certainly her most consistent, but its highs don't go as high as GGGB's and LOUD's.

I still bop to Te Amo though.
jamming.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom