• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majmun

I don't like Arte's opinion on Lana's Paradise. But I'm not here for Katy B and M.I.A shade either tbh
They're awesome, stop it.
ikyWrdMkAJx73.gif

Galang

Banned
Okay seriously where did all the Santigold fans come from lol. Like one person posted in the Master of my make believe thread. Not referring to just on here, but every website I go to... album was so good and it just flew under everyone's radar. :(

Also Matangi is being recorded all over the world like Kala, where-as her third one was mostly recorded in LA at her home/studio. Another flawless world banging record incoming, I feel it :)

ALSO late on Rihanna snippets, but some of these tracks go really hard. Hate most the ballad tracks, but the bass in the other songs slay. Can't wait for Jump

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Talking about irrelevant acts and posting a SIA gif.

How fitting.

She wrote diamonds, though. Can't hate on that
i648FOoe4qMoX.gif

Writing songs for your favs and raking in the money
iiOEQu85RnNjV.gif

Bye gurl

Okay seriously where did all the Santigold fans come from lol. Like one person posted in the Master of my make believe thread. Not referring to just on here, but every website I go to... album was so good and it just flew under everyone's radar. :(

Also Matangi is being recorded all over the world like Kala, where-as her third one was mostly recorded in LA at her home/studio. Another flawless world banging record incoming, I feel it :)

It's a different sound that will not click with everyone sadly.

ihRUKefuFumpN.gif

Trigger

ALSO late on Rihanna snippets, but some of these tracks go really hard. Hate most the ballad tracks, but the bass in the other songs slay. Can't wait for Jump

Indeed. I think I saw one or two reviews of the album and that was it. She's still amazing.

Trigger

Disparate Youth is better than Big Mouth, but whatever brings more stans into the fold is alright by me.

Yeah I'm not sure what happened! :( I wonder if Roc Nation was a bad fit for her

Maybe they are? There wasn't much promo for the album at all. I think Big Mouth is just now being used in Kohls commercials here in the states. The album went #1 on at least one Billboard chart so that's better than her first album.

Icicle

you could have posted disparate youth and not the aural abomination that is big mouth.

anyway, Confession time~ I haven't listened to most of Bjork's stuff so I went on Spotfiy and started on Homogenic.

I cannot

iUPyPvKtCiVVZ.gif

I legit teared up during Joga.

This more than makes up for sitting through some of Paradise earlier today.

I don't use Swan Lady at all, but every time I watch this video of the kids from the PS22 Chorus singing Jóga, I get goosebumps. You can see their teacher has instilled in them such a passion for music on nearly all of their faces. Truly beautiful.

Youtube

Majmun

I started to listen to Bjork this year after getting some POPGAF recommendation.

My life hasn't been the same ever since
iUPyPvKtCiVVZ.gif

Trigger

What a silly argument. No one is checking T-Swift or Lana for the singing skills. Their strength is their song-writing and production respectively.

G-Fex

What a silly argument. No one is checking T-Swift or Lana for the singing skills. Their strength is their song-writing and production respectively.

I can't choose, I found something in Lana, but I always like my little darling Taylor.

Sigh.

Mau ®

Diamonds is now ahead of Die Young *.*

Die Young might get the lead again with the video release but it wont be long. Ke$ha did try but you can't against THE QUEEN!!!!

tumblr_lt2qu8CuAA1qewmu6o1_500.gif

Let this be a lesson for the lesser posters here saying Diamonds would FLOP.

tumblr_lztje7Elay1qewmu6o1_500.gif

Bladenic

Die Young might get the lead again with the video release but it wont be long. Ke$ha did try but you can't against THE QUEEN!!!!

Who said it would flop though? I mean while it grew on me, I still don't care for it. But if anyone was gonna dispute the fact that it was gonna be a hit, well, they need to get checked. Rihanna remains the biggest hit maker. Until Katy Perry comes out with a new album. Jury's still out on Kesha.

DMeisterJ

Banned

omg it's slaying

iUPyPvKtCiVVZ.gif

Poor Ke$ha. made the mistake of releasing a single when Rih did.
f58a8b71.gif

They don't call her the queen of radio and the highest selling digital artist ever for no reason

Bladenic

omg it's slaying

iUPyPvKtCiVVZ.gif

Poor Ke$ha. made the mistake of releasing a single when Rih did.
f58a8b71.gif

They don't call her the queen of radio and the highest selling digital artist ever for no reason

It wasn't really a mistake considering Die Young was winning for a while. But unless her airplay picks up considerably Diamonds will win. Oh well.

Let's be honest though, Xtina releasing a single at the same time as Rih and Kesha was the real mistake. Kiii

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom