• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

The video is a mess, but it's fun. If you're going to get tacky then by god go in on that tackiness. Don't hold back.

This doesn't make any sense. It's ok to ostracize the bandwagoners but to target the reason why people would truly like her is a bitch excuse. Azealia CAN rap and she's a good performer. Liking someone because of their novelty act is being basic.

irUYuAwz6DDhA.gif

This doesn't make any sense. It's ok to ostracize the bandwagoners but to target the reason why people would truly like her is a bitch excuse. Azealia CAN rap and she's a good performer. Liking someone because of their novelty act is being basic.

Alright....point taken.

pu1ut.gif

She's still not for me...that video is bad on an incredibly broad level....no one with any taste would release it.

The video is a mess, but it's fun. If you're going to get tacky then by god go in on that tackiness. Don't hold back.
There is good fun tacky. Then there is shit tacky. That vid is shit tacky.

Kyon

Banned
I SERIOUSLY would like to take this time and CLAP for Waffle. Your transformation is complete. Welcome to the fold SIS * . *

67d90ee8.gif

67d90ee8.gif

RubyFaith

The video is shit tier and I'm side eyeing the fuck out of Azelia's video director who probably used Windows Live Movie Maker but this is a flaw due to Azelia's nonexistent budget. She's still a "nobody" waiting to get that big hit. Don't know what kind of acid they were tripping on coming up with Atlantis though.

HiResDes

Everything about Azealia feels artificial. She's about as manufactured as Lana and yet she tries way too hard to portray herself as being real or above the mainstream pop-scene, when deep down she wants nothing more than to be the next Minaj or the next Gaga. Azealia is a lot like Minaj from a marketing standpoint, basically a clone. Minaj was after the Gaga market from the start, but initially used a more urban edge. She promoted herself as a bisexual who leaned mostly towards women, though that doesn't seem to be the case, and many of her lyrics contained cross-gender explicitness such as, "If I had a dick, I would pull it out and piss on 'em." Think about Azealia, aren't her lyrics drawn from the same blueprint. Also the Atlantis video isn't the first time we've seen copycat imagery from Banks.

RubyFaith

Ain't like the video is going to thoroughly destroy her. It'll just add more fuckery onto her plate along with her ratchet behavior.

The song is decent and she's still spitting rhymes effortlessly.

Everything about Azealia feels artificial. She's about as manufactured as Lana and yet she tries way too hard to portray herself as being real or above the mainstream pop-scene, when deep down she wants nothing more than to be the next Minaj or the next Gaga. Azealia is a lot like Minaj from a marketing standpoint, basically a clone. Minaj was after the Gaga market from the start, but initially used a more urban edge. She promoted herself as a bisexual who leaned mostly towards women, though that doesn't seem to be the case, and many of her lyrics contained cross-gender explicitness such as, "If I had a dick, I would pull it out and piss on 'em." Think about Azealia, aren't her lyrics drawn from the same blueprint. Also the Atlantis video isn't the first time we've seen copycat imagery from Banks.

People who pretend that mainstream music is somehow bad or shallow.....100% of the time its just because they are too terrible to ever make it in the mainstream music market and are just sore losers. They are bad, their music is bad, and their attitudes are bad.

Ain't like the video is going to thoroughly destroy her. It'll just add more fuckery onto her plate along with her ratchet behavior.

The song is decent and she's still spitting rhymes effortlessly.

When u a nobody momentum is everything....and she is a nobody and now has no momentum.

zATTJ.gif

royalan

0yfVz.gif

HiResDes

People who pretend that mainstream music is somehow bad or shallow.....100% of the time its just because they are too terrible to ever make it in the mainstream music market and are just sore losers. They are bad, their music is bad, and their attitudes are bad.

That's my point.

RubyFaith

Liking someone because of their novelty act is being basic.

Meaning: It's reasonable to dislike her because she's trying to be the next "Nicki Minaj" who was the next "Lil Kim" who was the person inspired by cotton candy wigs.

I like her because she has skills. Get it?

botty

Banned

Where is the lie?

The Azealia stans hate Nicki, yet Azealia is basically a wannabe Nicki with less talent, money, fame, impact, and longevity.

iPN9ZXKKGv9YV.gif

Majmun

Azealia is also bisexual btw.

Someone is always copying someone somehow in the female rapping business. It's ridiculous. Both Azealia and Nicki have different styles and flows. I don't see any copying..

RubyFaith

No one can be a wannabe Nicki Minaj because Nicki is a wannabe and everyone is trying to be what Nicki is copping since it's working.

TL;DR
Originality doesn't exist anymore

Azealia is also bisexual btw.

Someone is always copying someone somehow in the female rapping business. It's ridiculous. Both Azealia and Nicki have different styles and flows. I don't see any copying..

Truth.

She certainly isn't copying Nicki's success and sales.

SyMXc.gif

Complete original....good for her.

Majmun

Truth.

She certainly isn't copying Nicki's success and sales.

SyMXc.gif

She still hasn't released her debut album. We have only seen an EP and a Mixtape.

I'm sure she'll earn her hard deserved fame when her debut is released.

I just hope she doesn't turn out like Nicki: losing identity and talent

Trigger

Has Azealia even released a full CD yet? I only have that mixtape. I feel like we're writing off a career that hasn't even started yet.

EDIT- lol, didn't see Second's post.

She still hasn't released her debut album. We have only seen an EP and a Mixtape.

I'm sure she'll earn her hard deserved fame when her debut is released.

I just hope she doesn't turn out like Nicki: losing identity and talent

If she achieves success I will eat crow.

I am skeptical though. I don't think the market for female rappers is very large at all.

RubyFaith

My cries for female rappers. Their careers are short lived unless they do something smart like Queen Latifah. Nicki can stay queen of a empty castle for all she cares.

tumblr_mdaal9dsSo1rjrlvwo1_500.gif

My cries for female rappers. Their careers are short lived unless they do something smart like Queen Latifah. Nicki can stay queen of a empty castle for all she cares.

Meh maybe.

I am not all that much into rap at all. I mildly enjoy a couple of Nicki's tracks.

Still. I think her profile right now is high enough that she could leverage Idol to extend her career a bit longer than most. We will have to see.

Aguila

#ICONIC

Azealia will save us from a Garbaj ruled world. I'm ready for Broke With Expensive Taste.

Trigger

Female rappers do seem to have a much shorter career span. Nicki getting punched out the game is more of inevitability than shade.

You know whats funny. I assumed Azealia was some nickname for another artist (aka Xtincta) for the longest time. Just never felt the need to ask who everyone was referring to lol.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Azealia couldn't save Este Noche, how is she supposed to save the world?

Esta Noche is one song from a mixtape that the general public does not know about. I'm sure Interscope will manage her album much better. Savor Nicki's current rapper reign because she's about to be dethroneD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom