• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.
iCpIC5lO1pvJT.gif

Is.. that Lady Gaga?

Why is she doing that? lol

Bladenic

she IS. its not this year its next year

unless you were expecting a 2014 release lol

I guess I just assume when artists say breaks they mean longer than a few months lol. Teenage Dream was 3 years ago though so I suppose it is time for a new album. I just thought she wanted more time off given she was working hard and the divorce but then again it is Hollywood lol

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I can't stop listening to "People Like Us."

I mean, holy shit. "Catch My Breath" is great, and "No Rush" is a cute and fun country-ish song. But this.

THIS.

Killer voice. Killer song. She's got an awesome look right now (she is STUNNING in the CMB video).

And she has yet to sell out and do any typical "sex sex jizz on my tits" songs some of the other pop stars have.

I'm still totally digging Stronger and these new songs, but I can't wait to see what her next CD will be like.

Bladenic

I mean, holy shit. "Catch My Breath" is great, and "No Rush" is a cute and fun country-ish song. But this.

THIS.

Killer voice. Killer song. She's got an awesome look right now (she is STUNNING in the CMB video).

And she has yet to sell out and do any typical "sex sex jizz on my tits" songs some of the other pop stars have.

She never will. Class act.

Kyon

Banned
I guess I just assume when artists say breaks they mean longer than a few months lol. Teenage Dream was 3 years ago though so I suppose it is time for a new album. I just thought she wanted more time off given she was working hard and the divorce but then again it is Hollywood lol

The Teenage Dream Era/promo was going on all these years tho. Remember Part of Me and Wide Awake were part of the repackage too.

Only artists that take breaks anymore are Britney, Xtina, Bey and Mariah. That i can think of in my head.

botty

Banned
Carly Rae Jepsen is not nearly as bad as "Call Me Maybe?" painted her to be.

I use like 3 songs on her album.

#confession

5zvrU.png

THIS.

I'm still totally digging Stronger and these new songs, but I can't wait to see what her next CD will be like.

Unlike other pretenders she doesn't need gimmicks to be amazing.

Flawless.

UZbae.gif

Me too. I'm actually a little disappointed that all we get is 3 songs this year because Kelly seems totally reinvigorated lately- professionally and personally. I want her to be happy and everything but I hope her settling down/getting married won't slow down her career, especially now that she's moving on from the standard breakup anthems.

Bladenic

Me too. I'm actually a little disappointed that all we get is 3 songs this year because Kelly seems totally reinvigorated lately- professionally and personally. I want her to be happy and everything but I hope her settling down/getting married won't slow down her career, especially now that she's moving on from the standard breakup anthems.

I want that country album.

RIP Miranda and Carrie when Kelly comes out on the country scene in full force.

Just take out the Owl City and Bieber duets and the deluxe tracks and then it's flawless
ipJT86RNel3zy.gif

You REALLY think so?

Honestly....I found Call Me Maybe to be very obnoxious long before it peaked....not sure if I even want to try to listen to her album. Plus her association with Bieber can only be a negative.

She has been threatening the move for about 2/3's of a decade now.

I don't think she will ever do it....plus even if she did....I still don't like country music all that much. Even Kelly can only make it somewhat palatable.

Kyon

Banned

Kelly already charted in the Country Chart.

Blown away still holding strong in the top 5.

Two Black Cadillacs is the new single too so not gonna happen unless Carrie is inactive then yeah

botty

Banned
You REALLY think so?

Honestly....I found Call Me Maybe to be very obnoxious after long before it peaked....not sure if I even want to try to listen to her album. Plus her association with Bieber can only be a negative.

That's exactly what I thought too... and then "THIS KISS," "Tonight I'm Getting Over You," and even "Wrong Feels So Right."

ipJT86RNel3zy.gif

Mau ®

Carly's Curiosity EP is where its at tbh. Amazing pop songs. Perfectly produced.

Carly's album was way too overproduced. They completely missed the point of what made CMM such a perfect pop song.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Just take out the Owl City and Bieber duets and the deluxe tracks and then it's flawless

I knew I loved you for a reason, Crumpy.

[edit] Actually, the Bieber duet comes at the right time to break up the potentially tiresome flow of the album, so even it has an undeniable purpose.

botty

Banned
I think KISS is everything Teenage Dream tried to be. Every song sounds like it could be used in a montage in a John Hughes flick
ipJT86RNel3zy.gif

That's a compliment, btw

Yeah. It's such an 80s...teenage...bubble gum album. Which is what I love. It was a good surprise, even if it was tainted with things like Call me Maybe.

ipJT86RNel3zy.gif

Koodo

Banned
Carly's album was way too overproduced. They completely missed the point of what made CMM such a perfect pop song.
I agree with this. You only need to look at how they botched Curiosity in the LP version.

This Kiss and Tonight I'm Getting Over You are undeniable bops though.

Trigger

I'm happy to hear some of these confessions after POP-GAF paid the album absolute dust when it first hit. Carly was too experimental for her time. Real music lovers can appreciate the album.

royalan

i6GKkQFbRZ5Mr.gif

How can y'all even drag Lotus?

It made sense to drag Bionic. She actually tried with Bionic.

Dragging Xtina for Lotus is like beating up a mentally handicapped person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom