• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.
i6GKkQFbRZ5Mr.gif

How can y'all even drag Lotus?

It made sense to drag Bionic. She actually tried with Bionic.

Dragging Xtina for Lotus is like beating up a mentally handicapped person.

EgLO0.gif

Lol. You said it not me.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
She has been threatening the move for about 2/3's of a decade now.

I don't think she will ever do it....plus even if she did....I still don't like country music all that much. Even Kelly can only make it somewhat palatable.
Threatening? Nah. Try desiring. I bet she would do it if her label would let her, even just for one album.

I think she should release a country EP. 5 or 6 songs. They could play country radio, or if she needs to try and get something in Top 40, they could try to chart there too. I don't want to see her completely cross over to that genre though for an album cycle, not when the material we're getting from her is this good.

I also want an EP of covers from her. I'm loving the track list for The Smoakstack Sessions, Vol. 2. I already want a Vol. 3 though with some of the covers she did on this past tour.

Koodo

Banned
In the dawn of Xtincta's monumental failure, let us look at a sample of delusions present not too long ago. An interlude by defected member, Nemesis:

You bandwagon stanners will all forget about this in six months time, if we're going to start playing DIRTY.
Little did he know it would actually take less than three months for attitudes to change.

EXHIBIT A:

LAWD "Your Body" is a HAWT song.

Finally a true hit is among us!!!!!

Now ya'll now Ive been vocal about my hatin' before but I can recognize when a song is hawt and this is it.
Finally a true hit is among us!!!!!

EXHIBIT B:

New PAGE new NEWS

XTINA will SLAY all of your faves this fall.

Bye now.
XTINA will SLAY all of your faves this fall.

EXHIBIT C:

NEW PAGE NEW NEWS:

CHRISTina is coming BACK in FULL FORCE this FALL. FORGET BIONIC and it's failure, she has recalculated her position and her moves and is coming to SLAY your faves. Sorry Taylor, sorry Ke$hallah, but Christina will cockblock all of our faves this fall.

ALL I WANNA DO IS FUCK YOUR BODY
Christina will cockblock all of our faves this fall.

Moral of the story: don't forget your tampons.

ibdxWa4nEaSNaL.gif

Threatening? Nah. Try desiring. I bet she would do it if her label would let her, even just for one album.

I think she should release a country EP. 5 or 6 songs. They could play country radio, or if she needs to try and get something in Top 40, they could try to chart there too. I don't want to see her completely cross over to that genre though for an album cycle, not when the material we're getting from her is this good.

I also want an EP of covers from her. I'm loving the track list for The Smoakstack Sessions, Vol. 2. I already want a Vol. 3 though with some of the covers she did on this past tour.
I could die happy if we ever get studio versions of Up To the Mountain and I Know You Won't. Two of the best performances in her career, imo.

Expose theM.
ibjdpSpFV24GkF.gif

royalan

In the dawn of Xtincta's monumental failure, let us look at a sample of delusions present not too long ago. An interlude by defected member, Nemesis:

Little did he know it would actually take less than three months for attitudes to change.

EXHIBIT A:

EXHIBIT B:

EXHIBIT C:

Moral of the story: don't forget your tampons.

ibdxWa4nEaSNaL.gif

I actually agree with this....!?!?!?

I still think Your Body is an amazing song and comeback record (It hung on like dear hell on the iTunes charts, but YB can't help that its creator doesn't want to do bare minimum to support it. Hell, she won't even TALK ABOUT IT in interviews since last week).

But not here for the chart whores, plain and simple.

I even see ITZ setting up for Alicia stanning now that Girl On Fire is rising up the charts. Ch...

Expose them, tbh...

botty

Banned
Koo is only clocking people who claimed it was going to smash/slay. You can't really clock someone for liking a song at the time..... unless they claim they never liked it/or hate it now.

royalan

Koo is only clocking people who claimed it was going to smash/slay. You can't really clock someone for liking a song at the time..... unless they claim they never liked it/or hate it now.

And that's the thing that makes me sad.

I will go to my grave believing that Your Body COULD HAVE been a hit. It is by far the freshest thing Max Martin has produced since Femme Fetale and shits on ALL of Teenage Dream.

But I don't know HEW told Xtina that her brand was strong enough in 2012 that she could release a song with ZERO promo and it would slay. That's just not how the Pop world works, ESPECIALLY for girls who are in need of a comeback.

Christina seriously needs new management.

Koodo

Banned
waiT I went back to that time to try to see if I could edit some of my post and it the midst of the Your Body stanning I was posting about 1D (even Nem tried to diverge attention with them) and I still use Your Body

not as fickle as I thought
Kiiii, I was CTRL+Fing Marius all over those pages, but your record was pristine.

i1nMswDJ2I1cM.gif

Bladenic

Lmao clocked I see. I really did think it could have been a hit though, had it had some semblance of backing and promotion. Oh well.

I don't really jam to it, but I do still like it.

Also I went through that Gamind thread, was hilarious how Htown tried to go after Kyon like that.
Though Kyon was kind of trying it in that thread.

Mumei

Let me put it to you this way. The only way you'll ever see Rihanna get a #1 album is if every female in the game somehow PARISHES. Basically never

"Perishes"

A "Parish" is "the ecclesiastical unit of area committed to one pastor."

Mau ®

The #Navy dont currrrr about the BB200 tho. We do care about these:

4. RIHANNA – Diamonds: 133.721 (+ 7.145) ▲

#1 on itunes.

Thank you.

Mau ®

Rihanna opened her epic "777" Tour yesterday in Mexico City. Next show is in Toronto then Europe. 7 days, 7 cities, 7 shows.

539925_494259830605325_381120852_n.jpg

This is the setlist (its got some name errors):

‘Cockiness (I Love It)’
‘Birthday Sex’
‘Talk That Talk’
‘Wait Is Over’
‘Shot A Man Down’
‘Only Girl In The World’
‘Disturbia’ (with added dubstep breakdown)
‘S&M’
‘Fresh Off The Runway’
‘Unfaithful’
‘Take A Bow’
‘Hate How I Much I Love You’
‘Where Have You Been’
‘What’s My Name’
‘Run This Town’
‘All Of The Lights’
‘Diamonds’
‘Umbrella’
‘We Found Love’

_____

So many hits icant. Need to see her on tour!!!

royalan

Rihanna opened her epic "777" Tour yesterday in Mexico City. Next show is in Toronto then Europe. 7 days, 7 cities, 7 shows.

539925_494259830605325_381120852_n.jpg

This is the setlist (its got some name errors):

‘Cockiness (I Love It)’
‘Birthday Sex’
‘Talk That Talk’
‘Wait Is Over’
‘Shot A Man Down’
‘Only Girl In The World’
‘Disturbia’ (with added dubstep breakdown)
‘S&M’
‘Fresh Off The Runway’
‘Unfaithful’
‘Take A Bow’
‘Hate How I Much I Love You’
‘Where Have You Been’
‘What’s My Name’
‘Run This Town’
‘All Of The Lights’
‘Diamonds’
‘Umbrella’
‘We Found Love’

_____

So many hits icant. Need to see her on tour!!!

Wait, so the tour is really only 7 shows?

Ah oo-oooo-oooohhh, like that,

Hit the right spot, makin' that Heinz come out

Let there be, let there be gruuuuuuub

Here in the, here in the poooot luuuuck

Fillin' me, fillin' me uuuup

Not gonna starve anymore, coz I want youuuur lunch

*let's eat*

royalan

*let's eat*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

iHvnWAhBWpl7S.gif

Trigger

*let's eat*

lol, what is this a reference to?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/enter...5ba6a2-2f2b-11e2-af17-67abba0676e2_story.html

There’s a reason Kelly Clarkson has performed duets with country superstars like Reba McEntire, Jason Aldean and Vince Gill but never one of her Top 40 colleagues in the 10 years since she became the first “American Idol”. They’ve turned her down — eight times.

“I have, like, 5,000 duets in country music,” Clarkson says, flashing a smile. “I don’t have one in pop. That’s legitimately because everyone turns me down. I’m not even kidding. I’ve asked sooo many artists to sing with me. Everyone legitimately turns me down! The only one that hasn’t was Chris Daughtry.”

What kind of poor taste?

Disgusting.

Their loss.

LCtNI.jpg

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
What's funny is that that doesn't shock me. Her voice easily overpowers most performers. Go watch just about any live duet she's done. She ends up looking phenomenal while the other person, even if it was a solid or even fantastic performance, only looks "okay." Her voice is amazing.

I wonder why that Daughtry/Kelly duet was never released. Their live duet of "Fast Car" is one of my favorite songs ever. They sound so great together.

I really don't understand the Ellie stanning......I purchased Lights but I never listen to it anymore. Got old so fast. I really don't see her going anywhere career wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom