• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyon

Banned
Why do you KEEP on posting Metacritic as if it MEANS ANYTHING

"Metacriticsus"

+wtf+.gif
+wtf+.gif
+wtf+.gif
+wtf+.gif

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
WaiT you gotta be FUCKING kidding me now I c what Music has done to the casuals.

Thing is, "casuals" actually enjoy music because they like it. What a concept! It doesn't have to be hyper-analyzed, chart positions and sales figures don't matter, a performer's personal life has zero impact on their perception of the songs, and so on.

I'm surprised a lot of you don't envy that mindset.

Kyon

Banned
Thing is, "casuals" actually enjoy music because they like it. What a concept! It doesn't have to be hyper-analyzed, chart positions and sales figures don't matter, a performer's personal life has zero impact on their perception of the songs, and so on.

GROSS. Listening to Top40? LMFAO? flUSHER? FUN? I'd rather DIE

+wtf+.gif
+wtf+.gif
+wtf+.gif
+wtf+.gif

Not us using the term "casuals." Does that make us "hardcore" listeners?

Internet Stans are more in the know just like "hardcore gamers". It's not really the same but idk what else to call them

royalan

In a sense I agree.

Watching The Voice performance again, I realized that her vocal blunder isn't as pronounced if you don't know how that was supposed to sound. It's easy to imagine casuals enjoying that performance because everything up until that moment was really fun, actually.

Although I do agree with Soul-sis in regards to how that performance stands with her career.

Kyon

Banned
I BREATHE stanning and PLEDGING ALLEGIANCE to these GODDESSES. Attending all their concerts and KNOWING things. Being part of pop culture. Spending THOUSANDS of dollars in albums, magazines, accessories, fragrances and other things my faves are related to. It's my life. I talk the lingo in real life and I've been doing it for years now. It's a part of me.

I can't IMAGINE listening to FUN and LIKING that TRASH.

FUN isn't bad....though We Are Young was overrated imo.

Alone from their last album is one of my favorite songs of all time...... though I can understand why others don't like them. They aren't exciting by any means.

Artemisia

Banned
I BREATHE stanning and PLEDGING ALLEGIANCE to these GODDESSES. Attending all their concerts and KNOWING things. Being part of pop culture. Spending THOUSANDS of dollars in albums, magazines, accessories, fragrances and other things my faves are related to. It's my life. I talk the lingo in real life and I've been doing it for years now. It's a part of me.

I can't IMAGINE listening to FUN and LIKING that TRASH.

weren't you the one praising chris brown's latest musical excrement?

402739116.gif

Kyon

Banned
FUN isn't bad....though We Are Young was overrated imo.

Alone from their last album is one of my favorite songs of all time...... though I can understand why others don't like them. They aren't exciting by any means.

It's more I don't like Top40 one hit wonders that are only relevant as long as the hipsters make them relevant.

Only Top40 I listen to is when one our girls out there. Skip everything else.

weren't you the one praising chris brown's latest musical excrement?

402739116.gif

Aren't you a GHOUL Stan?

Y'all aren't exactly the BASTION of REASONING and TASTE

402739116.gif

It's more I don't like Top40 one hit wonders that are only relevant as long as the hipsters make them relevant.

Only Top40 I listen to is when one our girls out there. Skip everything else.

Lol....I never listen to the radio. I wouldn't know......

(they are 2 hit wonders at minimum though)

I really dislike We Are Young which is their big hit (and probably what you heard). I got the album for 99c on Amazon though and I don't regret the purchase.

Bladenic

I'm confused. Kyon you say you don't listen to top 40 but the majority of artists you Stan for are the definition of Top 40 artists...

I just said one hit wonders

You can't have a second hit until you have your first one. I am sure every one of your fav's was called a one hit wonder at some point.........

I actually think FUN may be around for a while

Just wanted to point that out.

zATTJ.gif

Kyon

Banned
Halcyon is better than any Bruises album, let me tell you. It doesn't sound like a cheap electronic mess.

402739116.gif

I'm not comparing HalyCIDE to anything but TRASH tho sis

EDIT: Not sure y'all get what I'm saying I only blame myself. I just don't know how to put it.

Basically only Top40 I listen to is the stuff our faves put out. The other trash is dismissed forever into the void along with the rest of the FORGOTTENS.

Kyon

Banned
Lana has always been a target for music critics tho. Where is the surprise?

That's why ArtMEHsia is dismissed. She is not liked by the American people. For a STRONG woman who DEVOTES herself to the AMERICAN DREAM which has long died out. She spreads the GOSPEL and makes us REMEMBER what we once were. God Bless America and no place else

#Obama'sAmerica

*insert Lana gif here*

Pretty much every artist that is popular is tbh
okIAQ.gif

Now bitch you know she ain't popular here

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
EDIT: Not sure y'all get what I'm saying I only blame myself. I just don't know how to put it.

Basically only Top40 I listen to is the stuff our faves put out. The other trash is dismissed forever into the void along with the rest of the FORGOTTENS.

I mean, is there a specific green light moment when it becomes acceptable for you to enjoy a song or artist? Like... five years down the road, one of them happens to still be around and putting out high-charting material, is that okay to like because they're not "forgotten" any more? Wafflecakes has the right idea: it all starts somewhere, and a song is a song is a song. If someone gets enjoyment from it, who gives a flying fuck if the rest of the world knows who the performer is or not?

Let me put it this way: pretend Britney (or whoever) has a #1 hit for, idk, six months straight, but no one has any idea who she is or where she came from. You like this unknown person and her song, but who's to say if it's "hipsters" (ahahah) making it popular or if this is a genuinely great track? HOW DO YOU KNOW IF IT'S OKAY TO ENJOY??
okIAQ.gif
okIAQ.gif
okIAQ.gif

royalan

That Xtina note was a mess. Anyone who enjoyed that, casual or not, must check their ears.

Hears some tea on That Note from someone who was present at the taping. ;______;

Apparently, that performance was shot three times back to back. The performance we ended up seeing was the third, and according to this guy it was the only time she actually botched that note:

they released the balloons on the third performance only. as I explained in some of the other threads, the 2 two performances were AMAZING, each was performed slightly different with different add-libs on each version. Time was pressed, it was such a high energy performance one immediately after the other, so it was very tiring. I think she did amazing all three performances, but I think the 2nd one was the best vocally. ^_^ once I saw her come onstage with the crazy kinky pink hair I WAS SoOOOO HAPPY!!! Christina just does her own freakin' thang & don't care what anyone else has to say or think about it. amazing.

Takes the sting off a bit, but still. She needs to warm up her voice properly before performing. Performing that song three times shouldn't have winded her like it apparently did.

Kyon

Banned
I mean, is there a specific green light moment when it becomes acceptable for you to enjoy a song or artist? Like... five years down the road, one of them happens to still be around and putting out high-charting material, is that okay to like because they're not "forgotten" any more? Wafflecakes has the right idea: it all starts somewhere, and a song is a song is a song. If someone gets enjoyment from it, who gives a flying fuck if the rest of the world knows who the performer is or not?

Let me put it this way: pretend Britney (or whoever) has a #1 hit for, idk, six months straight, but no one has any idea who she is or where she came from. You like this unknown person and her song, but who's to say if it's "hipsters" (ahahah) making it popular or if this is a genuinely great track? HOW DO YOU KNOW IF IT'S OKAY TO ENJOY??
okIAQ.gif
okIAQ.gif
okIAQ.gif

when its on radio I listen to them. I listen to every single song topping the iTunes Charts and purchase a few based on the ones I feel are good. The rest are disposed of. Even when I do purchase them it means nothing because I don't Stan them. If I like a song and its catchy I buy it. But that's pretty much it. And usually those ppl disappear off the face of the earth.

There are ppl who exclusively buy singles that are only on radio and nothing else. I don't use them. I look for my own jams. Otherwise 70% of the time I just listen to Kpop/Jpop.

Ppl like LMFAO, FUN, Mumford and Sons I just CAN'T I'm sorry I can't use them.

Bladenic

when its on radio I listen to them. I listen to every single song topping the iTunes Charts and purchase a few based on the ones I feel are good. The rest are disposed of. Even when I do purchase them it means nothing because I don't Stan them. If I like a song and its catchy I buy it. But that's pretty much it. And usually those ppl disappear off the face of the earth.

There are ppl who exclusively buy singles that are only on radio and nothing else. I don't use them. I look for my own jams. Otherwise 70% of the time I just listen to Kpop/Jpop.

Ppl like LMFAO, FUN, Mumford and Sons I just CAN'T I'm sorry I can't use them.

Now wait, you did not just lump Mumford and Sons with trash like LMFAO.

royalan

Your ability to detect lies is about as bad as your ability to be OBJECTIVE when it comes to Xtina.

iywBvyPpVlMQB.gif

Hey, HEY. I've spilled more tea on my fave these past few days than I ever thought I'd have to. ;_________________;

I still think you're lying tho.....Mau.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom