• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

You need to lay some folk recommendations on me Servbot sis.

What's with the hate against WGWG though? They can be good musicians you know. Not saying PP, but some can be.

I am surprised Unapologetic is doing as well as it is though. Loud and TTT had bigger lead singles, I thought. Of course the promo her reunion with CB certainly helped. Only Rihanus.

AI has a cycle of crowning WGWGs as the winner and then not supporting them in sales; not to mention few of these guys have had any impact. As a viewer it's annoying to see these flops getting so many votes when you know they won't be successful.

Maybe Phillips could be the new start in a trend of WGWG winning and actually accomplishing something.

Mau ®

Yeah I wont be singing victory just yet

1D or Phillip Phillips could snatch the #1 position still.

Diamonds WILL BE #1 again tho.

Servbot24

Banned
You know I love pop but it never even occurred me to care about sales. Go Taylor I guess?

Trigger, will do in a bit. Does gaf have a folk thread?

Yeah I wont be singing victory just yet

1D or Phillip Phillips could snatch the #1 position still.

Diamonds WILL BE #1 again tho.

P2 is blowing by expectations.

Was only predicted to hit 140-160k.....already reached that with 50% reporting. Either way...he is the story of the week imo. Plus he is now #1 on itunes again with Home.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
CHRISTINA AGUILERA
LOTUS RCA 43,959

Rise Lotus
i1Hd3icet7yiW.gif

Trigger

Don't compare that filth to my Louis.

You know I love pop but it never even occurred me to care about sales. Go Taylor I guess?

Trigger, will do in a bit. Does gaf have a folk thread?

Not to my knowledge. The closest we've come was an old country thread with some folk artists.

If anything your little twink has it harder. There aint no way he will have a career beyond 1D.

Outside of the few paid interviews he will do when he finally comes out, of course.

zATTJ.gif

Naw he has self respect. Can wake up in the morning without bruises.....pretty sure he has it better.

zATTJ.gif

Mumei

It's almost like all those years of WGWG domination were leading to this very moment.

i886cTask2TNe.gif

Not worth it.

Have you not seen her recent performances? She's quite competent.

I saw the Diamonds performance when Rob was playing it last night. She was better than I had expected, but I wouldn't call her competent. She's going for this unnatural and affected sound to get that bigger sound to her voice. I don't think she could simultaneously go for that affected sound and sing a more upbeat song, and I think that to a certain extent the apparent improvement is an artifact of her trying to emulate a singer with a bigger voice on a song that allows that. I think if you saw her singing one of her older songs you'd see the same issues she's always had with breath support and staying on-key.

But she is better than Taylor.

Kyon

Banned
It's ok though really. When album 8 is here we shall see EVERYTHING come out.

I've been gathering receipts for quite some time now. And y'all KNOW DAMN WELL how THAT goes.

#PerchedT
iheartrihannaslayingbm0ptg.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom