• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemisia

Banned
Ummm, what?

Xtina has several standards in her catalogue. STANDARDS, dear.

Xtina could quit today and she'll leave behind a library if songs that will be performed by pop wannabes for decades to come.

MIA on the other hand? Child boo bye.

Oh I agree that she has standards. Many mainstream pop girls do. However, when we look at their associated albums, those songs are drowned out.

I still struggle to understand how any Xtincta stan can listen through the entirety of Stripped, B2B, and Bionic without wanting to quit halfway.

However, Arular and Kala are 100% slayage the whole way though. Matangi in stores next year. Keep your eyes and ears open.

itk33yof6zyxi4vkqc.gif

Artemisia

Banned
Your Body is still selling decently around the world

No it's not.

Your Body
#33 Canada
#67 Hong Kong
#69 New Zealand
#86 Norway
#87 Taiwan
#92 Belgium
#100 El Salvador
#101 Brazil
#105 Slovenia
#107 Singapore
#110 Finland
#119 Switzerland
#124 Denmark
#145 Dominican Republic
#163 Italy
#163 Singapore
#177 Cambodia
#180 Czech Republic
#182 United States
#182 Netherlands
#197 Slovakia
#206 Brunei Darussalam
#212 Philippines
#215 Panama
#219 Estonia
#219 Macau
#225 United Kingdom
#226 Ireland
#226 Thailand
#229 Hungary
#230 Latvia
#264 Cyprus
#264 Germany
#266 Venezuela
#270 Romania
#271 Guatemala
#300 Spain
#315 Chile
#320 Argentina
#325 Australia
#337 Mexico
#370 Sweden
#377 Poland
#380 Vietnam
#392 Costa Rica

Bladenic

QFT.

Although some of her newer songs, like IKYWT, seem to be just out of her range, as seen in that AMA performance.

Last time I brought up her vocal abilities, or lack thereof, I got slammed for it, but I stand by my opinion considering it gets documented and supported over and over and over again.

I love the girl, but...meh.

I don't see how anyone, even the most ardent stans, could defend her vocals. And the fact that she writes all of her songs means that she should know to write them to fit her range and skills. If a song is out of her range, then there's really no excuse for it and she looks even more foolish when she tries to sing it live and fails.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
How can an American listen to it? I also haven't heard that new song that you compared to one of the best singles of the year, Something New.

Is it not on Spotify?
I don't actually know to be honest, I don't think they've ever released their alberms in the US. Tho I have put together an immaculate TEN playlist in Plug.dj ready to serve up the next time anyone's online.

Or you could click this link.

Greatest Hits: Chapter One is set to open with 60,000+. For those keeping score at home, that's only about 10k less than Christina Aguilera's brand new studio album, Lotus.

ibzHFkezr0AY7a.gif

To be fair, GH alberms are often good sellers: The Immaculate Collection and Gold spring to mind.

Bladenic

No it's not.

Your Body
#33 Canada
#67 Hong Kong
#69 New Zealand
#86 Norway
#87 Taiwan
#92 Belgium
#100 El Salvador
#101 Brazil
#105 Slovenia
#107 Singapore
#110 Finland
#119 Switzerland
#124 Denmark
#145 Dominican Republic
#163 Italy
#163 Singapore
#177 Cambodia
#180 Czech Republic
#182 United States
#182 Netherlands
#197 Slovakia
#206 Brunei Darussalam
#212 Philippines
#215 Panama
#219 Estonia
#219 Macau
#225 United Kingdom
#226 Ireland
#226 Thailand
#229 Hungary
#230 Latvia
#264 Cyprus
#264 Germany
#266 Venezuela
#270 Romania
#271 Guatemala
#300 Spain
#315 Chile
#320 Argentina
#325 Australia
#337 Mexico
#370 Sweden
#377 Poland
#380 Vietnam
#392 Costa Rica

YASSS Romania pay Xtuna the dustiest of dust. Also bless Arte for the receipts, as always Botty spews nonsense but can't back it up.

To be fair, GH alberms are often good sellers: The Immaculate Collection and Gold spring to mind.

Not really, besides what you listed and Shania's GH. Brittany's GH only sold around 1 mil in US, which is still on the high end I think.

royalan

if JAF does really well, this will most likely happen

iK5PWQwUQqtmS.gif

with the exception of very few songs, I hate country music

I don't know Sis. The one thing I want from JAF is to smash so that we get MORE singles.

I think Best of Me has smash potential , tbh. Then she wouldn't have to retreat to Country.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Not really, besides what you listed and Shania's GH. Brittany's GH only sold around 1 mil in US, which is still on the high end I think.

I dunno, there are 8 GH collections on the 'best selling albums of all time' Wiki page.

animated-siren-gif-animated-siren-gif-animated-siren-gif-drudge-report2.gif
VITAL POP NEWS

Girls Aloud will never split up, says Kimberley Walsh
Group will follow the Take That model of alternating solo careers with full get-togethers, according to Strictly contestant

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/oct/25/girls-aloud-never-split-kimberley-walsh

I know y'all were worried.

royalan

No it's not.

Your Body
#33 Canada
#67 Hong Kong
#69 New Zealand
#86 Norway
#87 Taiwan
#92 Belgium
#100 El Salvador
#101 Brazil
#105 Slovenia
#107 Singapore
#110 Finland
#119 Switzerland
#124 Denmark
#145 Dominican Republic
#163 Italy
#163 Singapore
#177 Cambodia
#180 Czech Republic
#182 United States
#182 Netherlands
#197 Slovakia
#206 Brunei Darussalam
#212 Philippines
#215 Panama
#219 Estonia
#219 Macau
#225 United Kingdom
#226 Ireland
#226 Thailand
#229 Hungary
#230 Latvia
#264 Cyprus
#264 Germany
#266 Venezuela
#270 Romania
#271 Guatemala
#300 Spain
#315 Chile
#320 Argentina
#325 Australia
#337 Mexico
#370 Sweden
#377 Poland
#380 Vietnam
#392 Costa Rica

...are those iTunes receipts? Ch...

Not here for young twerps thinking iTunes is the end-all-be-all, especially considering YB performed decently on radio in several countries. Particularly Koodo's teehee.

Trigger

Let There Be Love was my choice for the next single, but now I'm not as confident that it would've been a smash; especially with JAF's success. Maybe Countrytina Redneckguilera is what the world wants.

royalan

Let There Be Love was my choice for the next single, but now I'm not as confident that it would've been a smash; especially with JAF's success. Maybe Countrytina Redneckguilera is what the world wants.

It's not that people want a Countrytina, but Midtempotina and Balladtina have always been more popular than Dancetina.

Don't get me wrong, I love Xtina's ratchet dance tracks, but she really ought to stop leading her eras with that. YB would have smashed as a second single, IMO.

Bladenic

...are those iTunes receipts? Ch...

Not here for young twerps thinking iTunes is the end-all-be-all, especially considering YB performed decently on radio in several countries. Particularly Koodo's teehee.

Hun, physical singles don't exist or sell so iTunes receipts are enough for SALES, which is what Botty said it was doing (selling decently, which it's not). Second, YB hit the top ten in exactly 2 countries (that I can see), #6 in Lebanon and #10 in Canada. It does have some top 20 peaks in a few others, and any other country I can't find means that it doesn't matter. It also hit #37 in Romania, so yay for her (kiiiii).

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
HDD will show their final numbers very soon but of course they might differ from what Soundscan will report tomorrow

still, let me perch
ib1dq7qnjUdViE.gif

Trigger

It's not that people want a Countrytina, but Midtempotina and Balladtina gave always been more popular than Dancetina.

Don't get me wrong, I love Xtina's ratchet dance tracks, but she really ought to stop leading her eras with that. YB would have smashed as a second single, IMO.

I think YB just needed better promo
(which I've probably said a million times, lol)
. I don't see how any single could've done well without proper support. Dance tracks have been easy smashes for other artists this year. I suppose releasing another ballad would be make the most since now that JAF is smashing.

Bladenic

I think YB just needed better promo
(which I've probably said a million times, lol)
. I don't see how any single could've done well without proper support. Dance tracks have been easy smashes for other artists this year. I suppose releasing another ballad would be make the most since now that JAF is smashing.

Not Myself Tonight had plenty promo, still flopped. Xtina hasn't been certified hit maker since the Stripped era, aka a decade ago kiiiii.

botty

Banned
YASSS Romania pay Xtuna the dustiest of dust. Also bless Arte for the receipts, as always Botty spews nonsense but can't back it up.

Kelly isn't even charting in Romania...

ipD8y9xtjEkKZ.jpg

Catch My Breath
#41 Malta
#42 United Kingdom
#65 Canada
#66 United States
#66 Singapore
#79 Estonia
#98 Ireland
#98 Singapore
#110 Norway
#120 Austria
#139 Denmark
#147 Latvia
#162 Lithuania
#168 Malaysia
#178 Spain
#205 New Zealand
#227 Thailand
#257 Costa Rica
#278 Belgium
#289 Taiwan
#301 Paraguay
#318 Switzerland
#337 Philippines
#367 Cyprus
#375 Brunei Darussalam

Bladenic

Kelly isn't even charting in Romania...

ipD8y9xtjEkKZ.jpg

Catch My Breath
#41 Malta
#42 United Kingdom
#65 Canada
#66 United States
#66 Singapore
#79 Estonia
#98 Ireland
#98 Singapore
#110 Norway
#120 Austria
#139 Denmark
#147 Latvia
#162 Lithuania
#168 Malaysia
#178 Spain
#205 New Zealand
#227 Thailand
#257 Costa Rica
#278 Belgium
#289 Taiwan
#301 Paraguay
#318 Switzerland
#337 Philippines
#367 Cyprus
#375 Brunei Darussalam

Unlike you I wasn't even discussing Kelly. I wanted receipts for YB selling decently, which you didn't even provide.

At least Kelly is still a LOCAL bitch, Xtuna can't even be called that.

royalan

Not Myself Tonight had plenty promo, still flopped. Xtina hasn't been certified hit maker since the Stripped era, aka a decade ago kiiiii.

Not here for your disregard of Back to Basics.

Anyway, NMT flopped because of Gaga backlash and the fact that it was a genuinely terrible song. Worst so she's ever made, IMO.

Bladenic

Not here for your disregard of Back to Basics.

Anyway, NMT flopped because of Gaga backlash and the fact that it was a genuinely terrible song. Worst so she's ever made, IMO.

B2B had one top 10 hit. That's it. I'm still pressed Candyman didn't do better, remains my favorite song of hers.

botty

Banned
Unlike you I wasn't even discussing Kelly. I wanted receipts for YB selling decently, which you didn't even provide.

At least Kelly is still a LOCAL bitch, Xtuna can't even be called that.

Your Body was selling decently around the world the last time I checked. It was even in the top 20 for 3 different countries.

However, Your Body is at least selling in more places, than Catch My Flop.

royalan

B2B had one top 10 hit. That's it. I'm still pressed Candyman didn't do better, remains my favorite song of hers.

So? That's like saying The Fame Monster didn't smash because Bad Romance was blocked from the #1 spot.

BTB still spawned Top 10 and international hits, went 5x platinum and spawned the biggest tour by a female that year (a tour that would have been even more successful if she didn't cut the last leg to give birth).

BRB was very much a successful era for her.

Bladenic

Your Body was selling decently around the world the last time I checked. It was even in the top 20 for 3 different countries.

However, Your Body is at least selling in more places, than Catch My Flop.

Once again receipts. And being in the top 20 of some second world countries means it probably sold like 1000 digital copies, if that.

What kind of blasphemous lies.

Kelly WAS pop music during the Breakaway era. She has been....and will continue to be....way more talented than your fav's. Sorry.

AKPXu.png

Whoa... not to throw salt in your game sis. By using this chart to elevate Kelly over Christina,
you just elevated Rihanna over everyone. Surely that wasn't your intent.
#SHINEBRIGHT
ibf334UoMN6hij.gif

Mumei

I dunno, there are 8 GH collections on the 'best selling albums of all time' Wiki page.

Yep. And while they aren't up on that list, Whitney's Greatest Hits album sold 10 million and Mariah's sold 4 million - but #1s sold 17 million and that was basically a glorified Greatest Hits album.

I don't think that GH albums have the same pull they once had, though, since it is now easier to simply make a playlist.

I wonder how many transactions have to be made to get to #392 in iTunes COSTA RICA. Maybe 4?

We'll see how everything turns out saleswise after Catch My Breath peaks. Which will probably be a long time from now. If only we had anything to look forward to in regards to Your Body.
priceless.gif

Bladenic

So? That's like saying The Fame Monster didn't smash because Bad Romance was blocked from the #1 spot.

BTB still spawned Top 10 and international hits, went 5x platinum and spawned the biggest tour by a female that year (a tour that would have been even more successful if she didn't cut the last leg to give birth).

BRB was very much a successful era for her.

I was talking hits, not overall success of eras. A certified hitmaker is someone to regularly delivers hits to the top ten. But hell, in that case, Xtina doesn't even count in the Stripped era.

B2B's singles did have more success worldwide than in America though.

Edit: lol Botty just stop trying. Catch my Breath hasn't peaked, YB is already dead.

And since you want to compare them, call me when Cactus sells a million in America and 200k in the UK like Stronger. Spoilers: Lettuce debuted in the UK with less than 10k copies.

royalan

I was talking hits, not overall success of eras. A certified hitmaker is someone to regularly delivers hits to the top ten. But hell, in that case, Xtina doesn't even count in the Stripped era.

B2B's singles did have more success worldwide than in America though.

???

Christina had Top 10 hits in the Stripped, BTB and KGB:ADoH eras. Only Bionic failed in this regard.

botty

Banned
I wonder how many transactions have to be made to get to #392 in iTunes COSTA RICA. Maybe 4?

We'll see how everything turns out saleswise after Catch My Breath peaks. Which will probably be a long time from now. If only we had anything to look forward to in regards to Your Body.
priceless.gif

And who was the one person that pushed Catch my Breath all the way to #375 in Brunei Darussalam?

DMeisterJ

Banned
where are my numbers??

tumblr_me2yk4AJ1V1ql3sqmo1_500.gif

I like all the Phillip Phillips fans in that thread that are wishing for his #1
OGq50.gif

And this one cunt with a Bey avatar swore up and down that 1D was going to clock her and they weren't going to drop over 50% week over week, but then kept on saying she wanted her to get a #1. I know she's pressed, wherever she is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom