• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
lol I just realized I have no clue who Blad's fav's are.....

..... suddenly his sinister plan is coming into focus!

Ke$ha, Kelly, and Shakira

ivFunBzPypX4h.gif

botty

Banned
She's lost plenty of weight since her BMI peak.

More importantly, she's maintained her voice and her career has survived her weight gain and loss. When will Aguilessor?

I guess Xsphincta would have to lose some weight first in order to properly gauge, but regardless...

You say this as if Xtina isn't constantly checked for, despite poor album sales... she is still a bigger name in the industry than Kelly.

And considering Kelly fluctuates often, I am sure we will be orbiting around her soon enough.

kelly_clarkson_hotdog.jpg

Cynosure

She's lost plenty of weight since her BMI peak.

More importantly, she's maintained her voice and her career has survived her weight gain and loss. When will Aguilessor?

I guess Xsphincta would have to lose some weight first in order to properly gauge, but regardless...

her frame isn't any different than Xtina's right now

and at least when Xtina looks good, she looks damn good

ibfvyiLifXIVs9.gif

Belly's peak was average, just like her career. all she's good for now is singing covers. nobody is really here for her shit.

ibfvyiLifXIVs9.gif

Belly's peak was average, just like her career. all she's good for now is singing covers. nobody is really here for her shit.

What kind of blasphemous lies.

Kelly WAS pop music during the Breakaway era. She has been....and will continue to be....way more talented than your fav's. Sorry.

dcVr2.gif

AKPXu.png

Bladenic

ibfvyiLifXIVs9.gif

Cannot shade that dress. Unffff

Artemisia

Banned

what the fuck?

Kelly had one of the biggest radio hits ever IIRC this year. Stronger also went platinum.

When was the last time Xtincta was played on the radio or anyone ever gave enough of a fuck to buy her music?

Ke$ha, Kelly, and Shakira

ivFunBzPypX4h.gif

Oh. Meh. I can't even muster enough energy to be offended by any of those.

Kelly does a great job of mixing up "Since U Been Gone" with every era though. I think "Stronger" is my favorite rendition.

And Ke$ha's just funny. I won't even try it.

botty

Banned
what the fuck?

Kelly had one of the biggest radio hits ever IIRC this year. Stronger also went platinum.

When was the last time Xtincta was played on the radio or anyone ever gave enough of a fuck to buy her music?

Should you really be getting involved in this?

itk33yof6zyxi4vkqc.gif

You say this as if Xtina isn't constantly checked for, despite poor album sales... she is still a bigger name in the industry than Kelly.

And considering Kelly fluctuates often, I am sure we will be orbiting around her soon enough.

I guess you could say Christina Aguilera is the biggest name in the industry in the same way that the Hindenburg is the most famous blimp in the world. It's hard to live up to such a title.
ec20fb7f.gif

ibfvyiLifXIVs9.gif

Yeah, Kelly sings covers. Can Cordtina Noduleira even sing her own songs anymore?

royalan

As for the shit on this page worth talking about, JAF is doing great for being a week away from being sent to radio. And she's got a performance on Ellen and an appearance on Blake's Christmas special planned for that same week.

Rise, Just A Fool, this is the beginning.

botty

Banned
my problems with many artists goes beyond their sales

itk33yof6zyxi4vkqc.gif

You come for Xtina about her appearance, voice, sales, and personality...

Yet you 'stan' for Ellie, who is lacking in every department.

So, technically, every time you insult Xtina you are really just dragging Ellie down too.

itk33yof6zyxi4vkqc.gif

So, technically, every time you insult Xtina you are really just dragging Ellie down too.

...and nothing of value was lost. Please continue.

pu1ut.gif

Artemisia

Banned

itk33yof6zyxi4vkqc.gif

Ellie can at least deliver musically. I will rue the day any of my faves excrete a duo of musical turds as putrid as Bionic and Lotus.

itk33yof6zyxi4vkqc.gif

Bladenic

People are getting too excited for JAF based on its airplay before being sent. Don't get me wrong, it has hit potential, but its very minor airplay so far is nothing to write home about. Plenty of songs have gotten much more airplay before being sent.

Again no shade because I like the song. Time will tell.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I've been listening to Lotus practically on loop since its release. Took afternoon breaks for Rihanna and One Direction but then hopped right back on that bandwagon.

Such a great pop record and no one will know. :(

No one will know.

:(

You hoes don't count

Sorry, I've been too busy listening to POP RELEASE OF THE DECADE Ten.

Artemisia

Banned
MIA has done nothing but sell out and shit out for several eras now.

You make it seem like she's had an era after MAYA. After that she's just been collabing with others to make ends meet while working on her new album that should be coming out next year.

Anyway, Arular and Kala are two of the most holy albums to be released this millenium. Not many artists will ever reach those heights and I don't see that changing.

Does Xtincta have any masterpieces to make up for future sins? Even one? I don't think so.

itk33yof6zyxi4vkqc.gif

#Matangi2013WorldDomination

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Now I can't stop watching AMA performances. I was at work when it was airing live.

I can't believe I never went back and watched Taylor's I Knew You Were Trouble.

Vocally it's a fucking disaster and just reaffirms why I never want to go see her live. I love her, I will buy anything she puts out, but ugh. Girl isn't a strong singer when it comes to having to do it live.

The production value is phenomenal though. Damn. Damn.

Where has Catch My Flop been sent to?

I haven't seen her in a while.

itk33yof6zyxi4vkqc.gif
Catch My Breath is about to go top 20 on Pop and is already slaying Hot AC and AC. Good try tho
8f70c6ea.gif

Really though, this song will just allow your faves to catch their breath before the #PEOPLELIKEUS2013WORLDDOMINATION onslaught begins.
8f70c6ea.gif

Actually, I think most of the stations giving it early adds have been country stations. Don't quote me on that though.

It'll be interesting to see how it does! Could you imagine if Xtina's next album was a total stylistic shift to Country? It's not unheard of tbh

Trigger

Now I can't stop watching AMA performances.

I can't believe I never went back and watched Taylor's I Knew You Were Trouble.

Vocally it's a fucking disaster and just reaffirms why I never want to go see her live. I love her, I will buy anything she puts out, but ugh. Girl isn't a strong singer when it comes to having to do it live.

The production value is phenomenal though. Damn. Damn.

It really is and that's a bit disappointing since I don't think the song is that vocally demanding.

royalan

You make it seem like she's had an era after MAYA. After that she's just been collabing with others to make ends meet while working on her new album that should be coming out next year.

Anyway, Arular and Kala are two of the most holy albums to be released this millenium. Not many artists will ever reach those heights and I don't see that changing.

Does Xtincta have any masterpieces to make up for future sins? Even one? I don't think so.

itk33yof6zyxi4vkqc.gif

#Matangi2013WorldDomination

Ummm, what?

Xtina has several standards in her catalogue. STANDARDS, dear.

Xtina could quit today and she'll leave behind a library of songs that will be performed by pop wannabes for decades to come.

MIA on the other hand? Child boo bye.

Ummm, what?

Xtina has several standards in her catalogue. STANDARDS, dear.

Xtina could quit today and she'll leave behind a library of songs that will be performed by pop wannabes for decades to come.

MIA on the other hand? Child boo bye.

This is truth sadly.

I may hate....but Hurt, Beautiful, and Fighter will always & forever be on my top rating itunes playlist. Nothing from MIA has made that list as of yet.

Your Body went to #1
on the hot dance club list
and is still selling decently around the world

When will Belly?

ibzHFkezr0AY7a.gif

Ummm this spring? When she topped that exact chart.

Bladenic

Your Body went to #1
on the hot dance club list
and is still selling decently around the world

When will Belly?

ibzHFkezr0AY7a.gif

Just stop. And please provide receipts to this "selling decently around the world" nonsense so I don't think you're pulling that information out of your Xtuna spewing ass.

Greatest Hits: Chapter One is set to open with 60,000+. For those keeping score at home, that's only about 10k less than Christina Aguilera's brand new studio album, Lotus.

ibzHFkezr0AY7a.gif

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
None of her songs are.
QFT.

Although some of her newer songs, like IKYWT, seem to be just out of her range, as seen in that AMA performance.

Last time I brought up her vocal abilities, or lack thereof, I got slammed for it, but I stand by my opinion considering it gets documented and supported over and over and over again.

I love the girl, but...meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom