• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemisia

Banned
Alicia usually sells albums like crazy right?

I remember As I Am sold like 700k+ in a week, and Element of Freedom sold like 500k.

What's expected for this? I don't think she's had much exposure aside from the VMA performance. Are we looking at more than 200k?

Bladenic

I remember As I Am sold like 700k+ in a week, and Element of Freedom sold like 500k.

What's expected for this? I don't think she's had much exposure aside from the VMA performance. Are we looking at more than 200k?

EoF sold a bit over 400k first week but only sold 1.3 mil overall, which was a big drop for her. I can't see this doing any better, especially with her reputation as a cheating home wrecker.

200k is optimistic imo. Her brand has really declined in recent years as far as public awareness goes. 3 years between albums is rough in today's industry.

She hasn't had a hit stateside since 2007.

If you look closely you notice that Xtina always keeps a couple of these handy on The Voice...in case of emergencies.

x8rhd.gif

botty

Banned
Why Xtina the go to girl for fat jokes, when she has only been chubby for 2 years of her life?

Is Kelly that irrelevant that her weight is no longer worth shading?

94707974263.jpg

Kyon

Banned
If anything I can never drag Alicia for being a flop because she has always sold well.

Also I believe all her albums went #1 so.. Yeah

Artemisia

Banned
Why Xtina the go to girl for fat jokes, when she has only been chubby for 2 years of her life?

94707974263.jpg

Xtincta was in direct competition with Britney and lost. Of course the Britney stans are going to go in on her.

No one really has a problem with Kelly. She's pretty innocuous.

94707974263.jpg
Kelly was that fat four or five years ago. You might as well make a "Gaga is a man" or "Christina Aguilera is a successful pop star" joke if you're going that far back.

If anything I can never drag Alicia for being a flop because she has always sold well.

Also I believe all her albums went #1 so.. Yeah

Anything releasing against her this week?

Kelly was that fat in four or five years ago. You might as well make a "Gaga is a man" or "Christina Aguilera is a successful pop star" joke if you're going that far back.

Not to mention that she never pretended to to be a typical "pop star" to begin with. Her weight doesn't bother her. Makes attacking her for it seem petty in comparison.

HEW are these trolls trying to come for Alicia with years old FALSE slander. Over it. Can't shade her charm and ethereal grace or her flawless music and sales records.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
TAYLOR SWIFT – I Knew You Were Trouble: 12.192 (+ 1.205)
ONE DIRECTION – Little Things: 10.003 (+ 1.311)
MAROON 5 – Daylight: 7.059 (+ 0.699)
WILL.I.AM & BRITNEY SPEARS – Scream And Shout: 5.048 (- 0.093)

I'm going to scream if I ever hear Little Things on the radio

What is all this homewrecker stuff anyway? I'm requesting receipts tbh.

Bo2gk.gif

Swizz Beat's ex, a nasty troll named Mashonda, made up some rumours that Alicia stole Swizz from her. Alicia never replied (keeping it classy) for a long time so there was only one side of the story. Then Alicia finally replied and said it wasn't true. But the damage had already been done :(

TAYLOR SWIFT – I Knew You Were Trouble: 12.192 (+ 1.205)
ONE DIRECTION – Little Things: 10.003 (+ 1.311)
MAROON 5 – Daylight: 7.059 (+ 0.699)
WILL.I.AM & BRITNEY SPEARS – Scream And Shout: 5.048 (- 0.093)

I'm going to scream if I ever hear Little Things on the radio

I don't listen to the radio so hopefully that is an experience I never will experience.

Hard enough in plug.dj to reconcile my feelings as to whether to meh or woot it when it comes up.

I've been listening to Lotus practically on loop since its release. Took afternoon breaks for Rihanna and One Direction but then hopped right back on that bandwagon.

Such a great pop record and no one will know. :(

No one will know.

:(

You hoes don't count

Trigger

Xtina stans shouldn't attack Kelly for weight of all things.

Swizz Beat's ex, a nasty troll named Mashonda, made up some rumours that Alicia stole Swizz from her. Alicia never replied (keeping it classy) for a long time so there was only one side of the story. Then Alicia finally replied and said it wasn't true. But the damage had already been done :(

Unfortunate. You'd think there was more than just gossip with the way we talk about it here. She stays winning though.

Bladenic

I've been listening to Lotus practically on loop since its release. Took afternoon breaks for Rihanna and One Direction but then hopped right back on that bandwagon.

Such a great pop record and no one will know. :(

No one will know.

:(

You hoes don't count

It's not though.

tumblr_ln9fnxyoJn1qb967wo1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom