• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

That's one of the main reasons why I probably wont't buy one anytime soon.

It's true that GH albums aren't viable as they used to be, but it does make me wonder why more pop acts don't do remix albums anymore. I'd buy the hell out of a good remix album, and those can't be substituted by a DIY playlist.

And who was the one person that pushed Catch my Breath all the way to #375 in Brunei Darussalam?
Who's the one arguing for "selling in more places" even if the sales in those places are ranked in the hundreds?
priceless.gif

This conversation is making us look like Brandy stans.
priceless.gif

botty

Banned
I love it when Botty knows he's been clocked so he chooses to ignore the receipts. Far too typical for Xtincta fans I imagine.

This isn't even serious. We're arguing about kelly, for one, and which person is the bigger flop. No one is winning here.

4p0Y7.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Ummm, what?

Xtina has several standards in her catalogue. STANDARDS, dear.

Xtina could quit today and she'll leave behind a library of songs that will be performed by pop wannabes for decades to come.

MIA on the other hand? Child boo bye.

Sis I don't want to have to drag Xtina but

1) Xtina has precisely three songs that anyone would ever cover if she left the biz: Genie, Dirrrty and Beautiful.

2) People wont cover MIA songs because they can't, not because they're not amazing. MIA songs are made by the production, beats and sounds not by the big, coverable melodies.

Trigger

It's true that GH albums aren't viable as they used to be, but it does make me wonder why more pop acts don't do remix albums anymore. I'd buy the hell out of a good remix album, and those can't be substituted by a DIY playlist.

True. A good remix album or even just something like Kylie's Abbey Road sessions is a good way to sell older songs.

1) Xtina has precisely three songs that anyone would ever cover if she left the biz: Genie, Dirrrty, My Reflection, and Beautiful.

FTFY. Otherwise I detect no lies.

Aguila

#ICONIC
I would have never imagined two months ago that I would be slayed by Taylor Swift, Ke$ha, and a Rihanna album.

But it happened.

Truly, a sign of the apocalypse.

io6bWeNvnLXUx.gif

Bladenic

Says who? You? Not here for your goalposts.

Like are you serious? So you're telling me sending only 3 singles to the top 10 in a span of 3 albums makes her a hitmaker? Okay, meanwhile Whitney, Mariah, Madonna, Britney, Katy, Ke$ha, Lady Gaga, and Rihanna have massive streaks of non stop hits.

Only time Xtuna was a certified hitmaker was her first era. Loooooooool

royalan

1) Xtina has precisely three songs that anyone would ever cover if she left the biz: Genie, Dirrrty and Beautiful.

2) People wont cover MIA songs because they can't, not because they're not amazing. MIA songs are made by the production, beats and sounds not by the big, coverable melodies.

1) And that's your opinion. Hell, Dirrty wasn't even one of the songs I was thinking of.

2) Some would say that MIA hasn't been amazing since Kala.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
1) And that's your opinion. Hell, Dirrty wasn't even one of the songs I was thinking of.
I looked at her singles list to check them and aside from her collabs I haven't even heard of half of them, sorry.

2) Some would say that MIA hasn't been amazing since Kala.
They'd be mostly right, aside from a couple of tracks on MAYA and Bad Girls. But Arular and Kala are two of the best albums of the past decade.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
1 RIHANNA DEF JAM/IDJ 238,949 --

2 2 TAYLOR SWIFT BIG MACHINE 180,547 +24%

-- 3 PHILLIP PHILLIPS 19/INTERSCOPE 172,192 --

1 4 ONE DIRECTION SYCO/COLUMBIA 165,325 -69%

I cant at RED being number 2

isTkkITR40RoS.gif

All I see is signs
All I see is dollar signs
Ohhhhh
Money on my mind
Money, money on my mind
Throw it, throw it up
Watch it fall off from the sky
Throw it, throw it up
Watch it all fall out
Pour It Up, Pour It Up
That's how we ball out

iheartrihannaslayingbm0ptg.gif

edit: Oh, so Greatest Hits sold more than Lotus' first week. FUNNY THAT.

DMeisterJ

Banned
All I see is signs
Ohhhhh
Money on my mind
Money, money on my mind
Throw it, throw it up
Throw it, throw it up
Watch it all fall out
Pour It Up, Pour It Up
That's how we ball out

YASSSSSSSSSSSS

All the CARTER-KNOWLES' see is dollar signs

tumblr_m6szipLmVw1rxpbdvo1_500.gif

#ILLUMINATI

royalan

Like are you serious? So you're telling me sending only 3 singles to the top 10 in a span of 3 albums makes her a hitmaker? Okay, meanwhile Whitney, Mariah, Madonna, Britney, Katy, Ke$ha, Lady Gaga, and Rihanna have massive streaks of non stop hits.

Only time Xtuna was a certified hitmaker was her first era. Loooooooool

You say that like her first era doesn't count. You say that like she didn't hold the record for most consecutive number ones until Gaga.

royalan

All I see is signs
Ohhhhh
Money on my mind
Money, money on my mind
Throw it, throw it up
Throw it, throw it up
Watch it all fall out
Pour It Up, Pour It Up
That's how we ball out

edit: Oh, so Greatest Hits sold more than Lotus' first week. FUNNY THAT.

And all it took was Black Friday.

Care to guess where she'll be next week?

Bladenic

You say that like her first era doesn't count. You say that like she didn't hold the record for most consecutive number ones until Gaga.

Um, I didn't say the first era didn't count did I? It did. And that was it. 15 years ago kiii. Also most consecutive #1s? Isn't that Mariah? And Gaga never had that record, try Katy.

Bladenic

Those numbers aren't too shabby for PP. You go homeboy.

I see you still trying to make this catch on.

I'm not trying to make it catch on, it's my thing. I do it because I think it's funny, it's true, and the Xtinca stans seethe. I'll be over it soon, right around the time the coffin is buried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom