• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final numbers in.

LX8aV.jpg

Mostly as expected all around. Taylor got a bump.

Kelly also did better than expected.
YAY! I'm so happy to see Kelly doing good.

I hope Kelly is recording new music right now, because I would love a new album next year.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Yas, that's precisely where I get slain. I thought the song was headed to a stock Calvin Harris breakdown only to get my cunt punched out.

iBiDVIAXsa5kh.gif

Never ever going back

I said I never would again

It's better now that we're apart

But I still think about you every now and then

iyjIEHlZO72TM.gif

Now and then, now and then,

'Bout you every now and then,

Now and then,

But I still think about you every now and then

iyjIEHlZO72TM.gif

YAY! I'm so happy to see Kelly doing good.

I hope Kelly is recording new music right now, because I would love a new album next year.

Watched a few interviews that she is going to try something different next year. One would assume we would get a mid year full album....but who knows. The gossip on ATRL centers around broadway since she has wanted to do that forever, but that would seriously hamper her release schedule so I hope not.

What would be ideal is a May release after People Like Us dominated the spring.....followed by a fall tour. Thats a rough schedule though.

Lots of people actually. Let me know if you think you faves could sell out shows in MINUTES, 30 years into their career, and 20 years after their last hit. Lemme know if think your faves can rock the superbowl all alone to an audience of 140 million people, 16 years after his last "hit", and have it called "arguably the best halftime show in Super Bowl history."

I'm not saying 1D, or Kelly, or whomever you stan for couldn't. Because its obvious. Longevity isn't based on personality, sweet girl. Kids may buy CD of their favorite personalities, but after that money makes it to them, at what is it $2 a cd, and their Record Company recoups video shoots, CD pressing, etc, your faves are broke. Meanwhile, my faves are making money hand over fist, hitless.

So lets see how many years your fave can go hitless, and people still remember them.

ibeNO2xPcvzXfq.gif

I was going to drag Prince like I do Madonna for being a Greatest Hits Artist, but at least Prince can still dance/sing/bleed sexiness/avoid his face being cracked/seem interested in music/etc.

<3 Prince regardless

Majmun

Yes, Rih. Put Blue Ivy through college.

iheartrihannaslayingbm0ptg.gif

WFL's success covered that bill already. Diamonds' success is currently sponsoring Blue Ivy's sixth walk in closet.
Blue Ivy also needs two new private yets, just in case her other two get some rust on them. Good thing we go Unapologetic's success to cover those expenses now.

Rih's making Blue's life so much easier. Bless

Artemisia

Banned
i'll wait for you guys to realize that single and album sales don't make much at all compared to touring.

which rihanna aint that good at

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Its funny how the Beyhive relies on Rihanna to pay for the bills
but Beyonce has always had to rely on someone else for everything so I understand

plus 4's sales were probably spent on covering the surrogate
itKIkOWYZFaWy.gif

i'll wait for you guys to realize that single and album sales don't make much at all compared to touring.

which rihanna aint that good at

Girl ain't got time for touring. #smokebluntsallday

Hey at least lately she's been keeping her notes on pitch.

I love her, but she cannot stay on key to save her damned life.

Koodo

Banned
I might do a cute list of rankings at some point in December, especially to shower more praise on my TOP 3.

And also to go in on the Bottom 3 albums one more time before the bells whisk the year away.

Watched a few interviews that she is going to try something different next year. One would assume we would get a mid year full album....but who knows. The gossip on ATRL centers around broadway since she has wanted to do that forever, but that would seriously hamper her release schedule so I hope not.

What would be ideal is a May release after People Like Us dominated the spring.....followed by a fall tour. Thats a rough schedule though.
Different, huh? I wonder what that could mean. I would love a mid year 2013 release for her next album, but I don't know if that is going to happen. The recent release of the Greatest Hits album is making me think that things will go a bit different for her next album, but I hope not. I don't want to have to wait till 2014, since I hate waiting. I seriously hope that she never does Broadway. I want her to just continue making albums, and that's it.

I'm very curious to see what she is going to do after her next album, though. She only has to release one more album for RCA under her contract, so I'm very curious about what Kelly is going to do. I'm thinking that she might just stay with RCA, but change her contract a lot to make it to where she has more control, but I'm not sure. She says it's different with RCA now, so that might change her mind about leaving.

Arguing that your fave is better because they write/play their own music in Pop GAF.

Did you really just come into the pop thread and say this.

CRD90 said:
You'll probably find that most of the big pop stars do write their own stuff, or can play their own instruments (especially most of the stars that PopGaf stan for). It's just that in the pop scene it's not seen as being important that a star can do that. Being a big pop star is half about having the hit songs, and half about having the personality and charisma to maintain in the spotlight. Then you have all the haters of anything mainstream that spread the FUD even more without having a clue about these stars.

Just a few examples:
Lady GaGa - writes a lot of her own stuff and wrote and composed a lot of songs before she was famous
Kelly Clarkson - writes most of her own staff and songs for others
Katy Perry - writes her own stuff and plays the guitar
Taylor Swift - writes and composes her own stuff, plays the guitar
Britney Spears - writes songs and plays the piano (wrote and composed one of her biggest hits Everytime)
Adele - writes her own songs
...and this list could go on for ages...
Koodo said:
She's one of the most likeable, talented mainstream acts there is right now. Hating Gaga is usually based on: (1) ignorance (unaware that she has a great voice, writes her songs, can play instruments, etc etc);
ikcPb0GvTLnsY.gif

Majmun

This was a good year for music, despite no Beyoncé.

It was ok.

Next year is going to be great with new Bey, Mariah and Gaga releases.

And of course new Janelle and Robyn, if that ever happens.

Bey and Gaga are going to kill next year. Rihanna's new album too. I'm sure she's going to get her second #1album next year

royalan

While you good sistrens glorify 2012 with fabulous retrospectives, I will perhaps look to the future. There's a lot to look forward to next year:

ARTPOP - flop
5 - flop
Broke With Expensive Taste - Hew?
Mariah Carey: The Emancipation of Mariah Carey - successful comeback.
Lotus: The Re-Up - global smash

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
While you good sistrens glorify 2012 with fabulous retrospectives, I will perhaps look to the future. There's a lot to look forward to next year:

ARTPOP - flop
5 - flop

iX7AUHJWq8PST.gif

Majmun

ARTPOP - flop
5 - flop

Who loosened your straitjacket lmao

I just still can't fathom seeing a Bey Stan praising Rih. It's just I've never seen it

Do you have me, Robido and Dmeister on ignore??? :O

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

Trying to serve tea to me with receipts from Koo and CRD90?

ijtM46VJuTQcq.gif

Let me brew up the jasmine chai for you, sis. Prince is not a great pop star because he writes his own music and plays his own instruments and produces his own records any more than MJ is or isn't because he didn't do any of those things. They are both great for different reasons, but the core of their greatness is that they both released music that slays.

Besides I'm not sure that you want to get that excited about Prince writing, playing and producing his recent music. That's like being impressed at the Timecube guy because he comes up with all his own deranged ramblings. Prince's new music sucks and you don't even pretend otherwise yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom