• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemisia

Banned
The return of

ijtM46VJuTQcq.gif

#
ijtM46VJuTQcq.gif
2012/2013WorldDomination

DMeisterJ

Banned
i'll wait for you guys to realize that single and album sales don't make much at all compared to touring.

iheartrihannaslayingbm0ptg.gif

which rihanna aint that good at

Loud Tour made 90 million. Now she's playing STADIUMS and selling them out for the Diamomds tour. And she made 54 million last year so she has plenty of dough

How much did MIA make on her last tour?

Bye

Majmun

Totally forgot about ASOIAF *.*

Thanks for reminding me that I'm still WAITING for The Winds of winter ;_;

The show is great too, tho.

Kyon

Banned
Xtina on the Voice tonight apparently:

"I haven't won a competition show either but along with Britney and Justin Bieber we've completely dominated the pop industry"

Did she lie tho?

Legend X giving the tea

ibs5DOgxcGCnkd.gif

Trying to serve tea to me with receipts from Koo and CRD90?

ijtM46VJuTQcq.gif

Let me brew up the jasmine chai for you, sis. Prince is not a great pop star because he writes his own music and plays his own instruments and produces his own records any more than MJ is or isn't because he didn't do any of those things. They are both great for different reasons, but the core of their greatness is that they both released music that slays.

Besides I'm not sure that you want to get that excited about Prince writing, playing and producing his recent music. That's like being impressed at the Timecube guy because he comes up with all his own deranged ramblings. Prince's new music sucks and you don't even pretend otherwise yourself.

The thing that gets me about recent Prince music, is that he puts ZERO effort into his albums. You listen to the album and it's trash, BUT, his plays that same shit LIVE, and it slays. In fact, its not a recent thing. I think around 2003 stopped giving a shit about albums and just puts em out because he can. He'll put a jem or two on an album to let you know he's still got it. His live show, however... those same tired songs on the album actually slay.

MJ's only great at dodging those charges... TWICE. I'm sure he inspired a lot of fans.

i89oQoWtGXhpa.gif

Artemisia

Banned
Loud Tour made 90 million. Now she's playing STADIUMS and selling them out for the Diamomds tour. And she made 54 million last year so she has plenty of dough

How much did MIA make on her last tour?

Bye

aint nobody wanna see MIA live

anyway, I'm genuinely interested to see how much Rihanna will make on this tour. I think the loud tour could have been a much bigger success if the tickets were more expensive and there were more dates. Now that she's even more popular thanks to the Loud Era and WFL I'm sure this is gonna be big.

Majmun

"I haven't won a competition show either but along with Britney and Justin Bieber we've completely dominated the pop industry"

Did she lie tho?

Legend X giving the tea

And only one of them is currently relevant

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_

Did she lie tho?

Legend X giving the tea

I think she said Justin Timberlake....

ib1dq7qnjUdViE.gif

botty

Banned
Maybe like your fave, Prince doesn't give a shit about hits. Micheal put out albums spaced apart cause he didn't have that creative spark. Mike probably had to hire musicians and engineers, ect, you know, cuz he's Mike. Whereas Prince could write, record, engineer and produce his own albums, with actual instruments, all by himself.

While Mike was popular, how much of that popularity could be attributed to his own efforts, as opposed to his team? Sure he's got writing credits, but so does Beyonce.

iq3pGih7wkS7K.gif

The reason Michael's albums were spaced out is due to him having actual "eras." Which is something a fan of Prince and Rihanna would know nothing about. An era is not simply based on releasing an album... there are tours, videos, themes, and many the image of the artist which encompass an era. Rihanna changing her hair color, or prince getting a new pair of high heels isn't the sign of an new era. I'm sure Prince does have some form of "eras," if only on a much smaller scale to match his lessor status. However, even if we kept it completely superficial, would anyone even be able to recognize a Prince era?

Post a red jacket, a shiny glove, or a militia outfit and people can tell what MJ era it is.

tumblr_m250fcGTjm1rriklyo2_250.gif

And Michael definitely had a creative spark that far exceeded anything Prince has ever done, or ever will do...collectively. Just like your fave, Michael has a ton of unreleased songs; Some that are known, and others that remain locked away. I'm sure Michael would have released more albums if he wasn't busy being the creative force behind world wide sold out tours, like: Bad tour, Dangerous tour, and HIStory tour.

I would applaud Prince due to his last tour earning 20 million, but that was over the course of two years... and Michael's "This is It" tour grossed more than that in the first hour.

tumblr_mduxem2DcC1qdiylb.gif

Going back to the "creative spark," Michael has impacted the industry far more creatively than Prince ever did: The idea of Music videos being more than just promotional tools changed after Thriller, and his music as a whole has inspired generations of artist. Fitting that your fave, Rihanna, would sample Michael more than she would Prince.

tumblr_mbt9rjDrJ21rhqrwzo1_250.gif

And speaking of Rihanna...

While Mike was popular, how much of that popularity could be attributed to his own efforts, as opposed to his team?
how much of that popularity could be attributed to his own efforts, as opposed to his team?

She does less than you are attacking Michael for, yet you stan her....

tumblr_lso4grsYmz1qlrzy2.gif

Now sis you may not like them but Xtina and Brit slayed the earth in those days >__>

Its the Bieber part I take issue with.

He is a force to be sure...not on the radio though. He has yet to have a #1.....the closest he has ever come was a #2 with Boyfriend which was a result of a debut sales bump...not airplay.

The receipts (outside of tours/merchandising) show him to be only a mildly successful pop act.

Even 1D (who has been on the scene for less than a year in the states) crushed his album in sales at launch.

Artemisia

Banned
The reason Michael's albums were spaced out is due to him having actual "eras." Which is something a fan of Prince and Rihanna would know nothing about. An era is not simply based on releasing an album... there are tours, videos, themes, and many the image of the artist which encompass an era. Rihanna changing her hair color, or prince getting a new pair of high heels isn't the sign of an new era. I'm sure Prince does have some form of "eras," if only on a much smaller scale to match his lessor status. However, even if we kept it completely superficial, would anyone even be able to recognize a Prince era?

Post a red jacket, a shiny glove, or a militia outfit and people can tell what MJ era it is.

tumblr_m250fcGTjm1rriklyo2_250.gif

And Michael definitely had a creative spark that far exceeded anything Prince has ever done, or ever will do...collectively. Just like your fave, Michael has a ton of unreleased songs; Some that are known, and others that remain locked away. I'm sure Michael would have released more albums if he wasn't busy being the creative force behind world wide sold out tours, like: Bad tour, Dangerous tour, and HIStory tour.

I would applaud Prince due to his last tour earning 20 million, but that was over the course of two years... and Michael's "This is It" tour grossed more than that in the first hour.

tumblr_mduxem2DcC1qdiylb.gif

Going back to the "creative spark," Michael has impacted the industry far more creatively than Prince ever did: The idea of Music videos being more than just promotional tools changed after Thriller, and his music as a whole has inspired generations of artist. Fitting that your fave, Rihanna, would sample Michael more than she would Prince.

tumblr_mbt9rjDrJ21rhqrwzo1_250.gif

And speaking of Rihanna...

She does less than you are attacking Michael for, yet you stan her....

tumblr_lso4grsYmz1qlrzy2.gif

omg botty YAS

TELL HER

oZhpR.gif

royalan

The thing that gets me about recent Prince music, is that he puts ZERO effort into his albums. You listen to the album and it's trash, BUT, his plays that same shit LIVE, and it slays. In fact, its not a recent thing. I think around 2003 stopped giving a shit about albums and just puts em out because he can. He'll put a jem or two on an album to let you know he's still got it. His live show, however... those same tired songs on the album actually slay.

MJ's only great at dodging those charges... TWICE. I'm sure he inspired a lot of fans.

i89oQoWtGXhpa.gif

From what I've heard, I think the exanatipn for this is that Prince treats his studio recording sessions like jam sessions. Doesn't always go over well as an album track, but shits live.

moulels

Oop, I think I am the one confused. Why would she say bieber? makes no sense.

It's really confusing reading y'all without gifs ;__;

moulels

She means teen pop.

The whole phenomenon. I c no lies. Justin has dominated teen pop :D

I see. Well, that actually makes sense. I was thinking she said Timberlake cause he was on that Mickey Mouse show too and they all practically debuted together.

Not even the Xtina stans are watching to help us clear this up
If this was the X-Factor they would have been perched

ib1dq7qnjUdViE.gif

#NOOOOOOOO #DEAD

botty

Banned
American Idol can't start soon enough. Shit Factor and The Voice are boring. The only use they have are for getting Xtina/Britney gifs.

iPN9ZXKKGv9YV.gif

royalan

Talking about how terrible in every conceivable way X Floptor is, sure. I mean, last year's runner ups shit on ALL of the "talent" on X Factor this season combined. Honestly, the ONLY reason I watch Flop Factor is to spill tea with you sistrens in the thread.

Anywho, my work schedule changed AGAIN. ;__;

I don't get to watch The Voice until hours later. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom