• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
I get the point Botty is making with Comparing Prince's impact to MJ's undeniably larger impact.

But other than that NOT here for the wholesale dragging of Princesus.

The man's a legend, true musician, inspired entire armies of wannabes, your faves could never, Purple Rain alone shits on entire careers, etc....

Rob, and I are being playful. I don't know why others are dragging prince, though.

Artemisia

Banned
It's not on Spotify :(

oh it's on my spotify

I guess some things never seem to fucking work.

iWEbX0pB95tNz.gif

Koodo

Banned
While you all are discussing the massive rotting carcass of Xtincta and her lengthy list of failures, sprinkled with side discussion on albums that clearly are nowhere near the trashcans of AOTY Headquarters, I'm sitting here perchedT listening to Devotion.

iu6nsslHNvzPw.gif
iu6nsslHNvzPw.gif
iu6nsslHNvzPw.gif
iu6nsslHNvzPw.gif

iu6nsslHNvzPw.gif
iu6nsslHNvzPw.gif
iu6nsslHNvzPw.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
While you all are discussing the massive rotting carcass of Xtincta and her lengthy list of failures, sprinkled with side discussion on albums that clearly are nowhere near the trashcans of AOTY Headquarters, I'm sitting here perchedT listening to Devotion.

iu6nsslHNvzPw.gif
iu6nsslHNvzPw.gif
iu6nsslHNvzPw.gif
iu6nsslHNvzPw.gif

iu6nsslHNvzPw.gif
iu6nsslHNvzPw.gif
iu6nsslHNvzPw.gif

Tickets all booked. I can't wait.

royalan

Is what why Lotus is getting shit on by the critics?

121wqx1xeddh.gif

The production on this EP is fantastic. Much better than the tired production featured on Lotus.

121wqx1xeddh.gif

Is this more metacritic tea? Smh...

And if anything salvages that shitty EP it's Solanges vocals. The abysmal production is the big offender for. Sounds like some crud Prince would have half-assed produced for one of his girl groups in the 80s.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I have never been more JEALOUS.

Sis I tried recording some of Crystal Castles on my new Lumia 920 and the quality is AMAZING, tell me a song and I will record it JUST 4 U.

Tho the gig is four months away...

Xtina stans can say what they want about Metacritic scores but I haven't seen a single AMAZING writeup of Lotus anywhere. Basically every review I've seen confirms what my brief listen suggested: a middle of the road album with no truly killer cuts. Xtina needs to step up her game.

Yeah but who gives a shit about Prince anymore?

Not even worth dragging.

He hasn't had a hit in almost 20 years........yet he keeps trying....and failing. Just give it up already and stop tarnishing your legacy man!

Lots of people actually. Let me know if you think you faves could sell out shows in MINUTES, 30 years into their career, and 20 years after their last hit. Lemme know if think your faves can rock the superbowl all alone to an audience of 140 million people, 16 years after his last "hit", and have it called "arguably the best halftime show in Super Bowl history."

I'm not saying 1D, or Kelly, or whomever you stan for couldn't. Because its obvious. Longevity isn't based on personality, sweet girl. Kids may buy CD of their favorite personalities, but after that money makes it to them, at what is it $2 a cd, and their Record Company recoups video shoots, CD pressing, etc, your faves are broke. Meanwhile, my faves are making money hand over fist, hitless.

So lets see how many years your fave can go hitless, and people still remember them.

ibeNO2xPcvzXfq.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
By the way, godel-sis, I have been jamming to Every Now And Then since you posted the tea.

ix3Pg1P4s2Fvl.gif

ixZGG1JugwTAM.gif

I CAN'T at the 'lol that was just the intro' switchup at 1:30. Such a massive tune. When they play it live I will literally EXPLODE. I have listened to it about 20 times today.

Gods Aloud tickets all booked too.

You better believe I am as happy as a pig in shit about my future gig prospects.

royalan

wait no I understood what you meant lol

I just don't get how you could find the production anywhere near abysmal.

It's TOO sparse, and there's very little nuance or build-up. And it may just be me but there seemed to be a real disconnect between the production and her vocals/lyrics.

As I was listening to it, I honestly got the impression that she was just recording vocals over some stock tracks that someone made and sent to her.

Artemisia

Banned
It's TOO sparse, and there's very little nuance or build-up. And it may just be me but there seemed to be a real disconnect between the production and her vocals/lyrics.

As I was listening to it, I honestly got the impression that she was just recording vocals over some stock tracks that someone made and sent to her.

I get that there is little buildup, but I don't see how that makes it bad. Just a matter of tastes. The album is meant to be a relaxing listen.

But I am noticing a lot of nuance, especially in Losing You and Locked In Closets. The tracks start off with a simple rhythm, but get layered with other vocals or synths or whatever.

Xtina only has 5 studio albums, and they are all spaced out by a bunch of years... which has clearly shown it's effects on her sales.

DiaRIHuh has released more albums in a shorter time span, and still only has 1.

Prince has 4 #1s? Maybe if he releases 8000 more albums he'll catch up to Michael.

tumblr_mc038gLHI41rgfcvuo1_500.gif

Maybe like your fave, Prince doesn't give a shit about hits. Micheal put out albums spaced apart cause he didn't have that creative spark. Mike probably had to hire musicians and engineers, ect, you know, cuz he's Mike. Whereas Prince could write, record, engineer and produce his own albums, with actual instruments, all by himself.

While Mike was popular, how much of that popularity could be attributed to his own efforts, as opposed to his team? Sure he's got writing credits, but so does Beyonce.

iq3pGih7wkS7K.gif

Koodo

Banned
ixZGG1JugwTAM.gif

I CAN'T at the 'lol that was just the intro' switchup at 1:30. Such a massive tune. When they play it live I will literally EXPLODE. I have listened to it about 20 times today.
Yas, that's precisely where I get slain. I thought the song was headed to a stock Calvin Harris breakdown only to get my cunt punched out.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Maybe like your fave, Prince doesn't give a shit about hits. Micheal put out albums spaced apart cause he didn't have that creative spark. Mike probably had to hire musicians and engineers, ect, you know, cuz he's Mike. Whereas Prince could write, record, engineer and produce his own albums, with actual instruments, all by himself.

While Mike was popular, how much of that popularity could be attributed to his own efforts, as opposed to his team? Sure he's got writing credits, but so does Beyonce.

iq3pGih7wkS7K.gif

Arguing that your fave is better because they write/play their own music in Pop GAF.

ibqNAh9iOromc2.gif

Save it for AUTHENTIC ARTISTS GAF please, I hear Jake Bugg and metal are big with those guys.

Kyon

Banned

iq3pGih7wkS7K.gif

Sis...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom