• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
What the bloody hell, thread is still going on about sales?

Don't want to sound like some indie kid but whooooo caaaaaares

Sales, Talent, Tours, Awards, etc... are all ways to show that your fave is superior to someone else's, and to diminish another person's fave.

It's all apart of the fun of pop gaf... unless you take it all serious.

ipD8y9xtjEkKZ.jpg

Mumei

Mariah still holds the record for most consecutive female #1s starting with her debut no? Either way, queens.

Maybe?

Mariah had five in a row starting from her debut; four from her first album (Vision of Love, Love Takes Time, Someday, I Don't Wanna Cry) and then Emotions. She would have had six, but Sony pulled Can't Let Go from stores to boost flagging sales for the Emotions album. Emotions was actually a commercial disappointment at the time.

I don't know if that's the record or not; it probably still is. Though Whitney's first proper U.S. single (You Give Good Love) hit number three and that is the only reason she doesn't have that record (most consecutive number #1s starting from debut) as well.

Mumei

What the bloody hell, thread is still going on about sales?

Don't want to sound like some indie kid but whooooo caaaaaares

Honestly, I think it is a significant part of the appeal. It's like Sales-Age, except you're allowed to be a blithering fanboy (stan). Within reason.

But feel free to contribute by talking about other things; just make sure to include some token comment about how their faves will never do it and they'll pay attention to your post.

Prince has 4.
out of 8000. lol
Apparently your fave is without the ability to accomplish this feat.

i2WNMPfbOgyoT.gif

Yeah but who gives a shit about Prince anymore?

Not even worth dragging.

He hasn't had a hit in almost 20 years........yet he keeps trying....and failing. Just give it up already and stop tarnishing your legacy man!

botty

Banned
Prince has 4.
out of 8000. lol
Apparently your fave is without the ability to accomplish this feat.

i2WNMPfbOgyoT.gif

Xtina only has 5 studio albums, and they are all spaced out by a bunch of years... which has clearly shown it's effects on her sales.

DiaRIHuh has released more albums in a shorter time span, and still only has 1.

Prince has 4 #1s? Maybe if he releases 8000 more albums he'll catch up to Michael.

tumblr_mc038gLHI41rgfcvuo1_500.gif

bowery

yeah the fact that dev hynes produced the whole solange ep makes me so happy, loved the latest blood orange album; also nobody is excited for this new bruno mars lp? the new tracks sound great

royalan

I get the point Botty is making with Comparing Prince's impact to MJ's undeniably larger impact.

But other than that NOT here for the wholesale dragging of Princesus.

The man's a legend, true musician, inspired entire armies of wannabes, your faves could never, Purple Rain alone shits on entire careers, etc....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom