• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how about that Kesha album!

Told you it was
nt gonna be magnificent, but still
gonna be very good.

Songs that stand out after a few listens: C'mon, Crazy Kids, All that matters, Supernatural, and Out Alive (why is this a bonus track?).

3phemeral

The lotus has already risen. It just wasn't carrying Xtincta.

i0Uwgkllw46jn.gif

ic3eKA8HP2zAs.gif
ic3eKA8HP2zAs.gif
ic3eKA8HP2zAs.gif

ic3eKA8HP2zAs.gif
ic3eKA8HP2zAs.gif
ic3eKA8HP2zAs.gif

ic3eKA8HP2zAs.gif
ic3eKA8HP2zAs.gif
ic3eKA8HP2zAs.gif

Koodo

Banned
Songs that stand out after a few listens: C'mon, Crazy Kids, All that matters, Supernatural, and Out Alive (why is this a bonus track?).
I detect no lies, though I would also add Gold Trans Am.

The bonus tracks really should have been in the album proper.

Shake you up from Leona Lewis is pretty great.

Even though I want to reach across my speakers and hurt her when she says "cun ye turn de music up a lil bit plz", the song itself has an awesome 80s sound to it. Especially the second part of the chorus is lovely. It's that extra layer of baseline that does it.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I don't want to be a cunt about this but there's only like five good Bond films overall. Most of them are kind of bad.

Nemesis_

I don't want to be a cunt about this but there's only like five good Bond films overall. Most of them are kind of bad.

ibbxohRD9NTNHA.gif

I don't care tbh, the box set was cheap and I think they are all good films in their own right, though somewhat dated. Though I think our opinions are completely incompatible at this point so meh

Esch

Banned
ESCHAWRONG as per

mysmilie_961.gif

hey man i like them too, but honestly how many bond films follow the exact same plot line? A bond thats "too old for this" takes on a super rich evil villain with super gimmicky assistants (oddjob, jaws, etc) who secretly has some stupid ass star wars esque super weapon (usually a satellite). There's rarely any variety to it. And even if there was, thematically they never change. The gray gray world of espionage is pretty much portrayed as black and white, until the girl that james bond wantonly fucks gets shot in the back to save his life or something. There's no internal conflict. Nothing. Bond would be stale as shit by this point without the influence flowing in from the Bourne movies.

Even Skyfall while good was kind of stupid. Bardem went to so much stupid trouble to mess with
M and the whole time she never even looked like she was gonna lose her job. If he wanted to just kill him and her he could have snuck into her house like Bond did and done it with .00005% of the effort

Despite all the iterations of bond, i'd only say a couple of them are among the best spy movies.

Nemesis_

You're right but then there wouldn't be a film. >_>

I get that they're formulaic, but they're fun. I don't watch them expecting CITIZEN KANE or the next iteration of LES MIS.

They are what they are :3

Nemesis_

???????????????????????????????????????

??????????????????

???????????????????????????
????????????????????????????????????

She's touring for a festival in Australia, but doing a side show.

CANCER AIDS SEPSIS recently shot a cover for Cosmo.

carly-rae-jepsen-cosmo.jpg

What the fuck did they do to her =/

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I kind of liked the video for Atlantis. It was pretty obviously deliberately ratchet, though of course that didn't stop people dragging it for being ratchet. People will find any excuse to drag true artistry though.

royalan

I kind of liked the video for Atlantis. It was pretty obviously deliberately ratchet, though of course that didn't stop people dragging it for being ratchet. People will find any excuse to drag true artistry though.

There's gotta be a method to the madness bb. I saw what she was trying to do with that video, but it was still a mess.

Nemesis_

I think M.I.A. does the best ratchet videos tbh. I just felt like Azealia's was too messy. That hair and that colour overload literally made me feel a little bit sick, it really got to me >_>

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
There's gotta be a method to the madness bb. I saw what she was trying to do with that video, but it was still a mess.

In all seriousness I don't think it was a great video, but I do think people were dragging it for being bad at things that it was obviously trying to do on purpose. It was definitely not anywhere near as good as the videos from the 1991 EP, which were basically all perfect.

DMeisterJ

Banned
So apparently Lotus had the lowest drop percentage of any album that released the same week. *.*

Had the lowest sales too *.*

--

In news about albums that actually sell, Rih is #1 according to Billboard, so now it's officially official. Buy #UNAPOLOGETIC on iTunes, and get your #DIAMONDS world tour tickets coming to an arena or STADIUM near you soon

#SHINEBRIGHTBITCH

iheartrihannaslayingbm0ptg.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I'm going to attribute Unapologetic's sales to the same morbid fascination that people rubberneck when they see a car accident. Even I have to admit that I'm quite interested in hearing Nobody's Business.

Not enough to spend money on it though. I'll wait until her sales inflation tactics end and it's available on Spotify.

Charli XCX - Cloud Aura ft. Brooke Candy

I don't appreciate all these indiepop white girls featuring Brooke Candy.

The best song this week to feature footage of Godney in the video.

Bladenic

So how about that Kesha album!

Told you it was
nt gonna be magnificent, but still
gonna be very good.

You're forgetting Thinking of You, Last Goodbye, Gold Trans Am, and Past Lives. The deluxe tracks all shit.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I remember seeing Calvin Harris in my first year of uni when he was singing songs like Acceptable in the 80s.

I could never have imagined that he would find such a unique and fresh sound with his masterpiece Bounce and help propel pop stars into new stratospheres of fame.

Bladenic

I remember seeing Calvin Harris in my first year of uni when he was singing songs like Acceptable in the 80s.

I could never have imagined that he would find such a unique and fresh sound with his masterpiece Bounce and help propel pop stars into new stratospheres of fame.

Shade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom