• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delio

OnePiece clothing

Behind the scenes of the creation of the new OnePiece™ One Direction jumpsuit line.

We also get Liam smacking Zayn ass.

tumblr_me7bnrMvj11r30f67.gif

Trigger

I think that clip is the first time I've heard Mariah sing All I Want for Christmas Is You live. I'm so used to the recorded version.

Majmun

Second, is there a popstar you don't like?

Kesha gets the most skips, followed by Perra.

And I don't know if I should mention One Direction, because I have never listened to any of their songs in full yet.

But yeah, I do have a lot of faves, with Bey and Mariah sitting high on top.

Mau ®

Diamonds is officially Rihanna's biggest airplay hit as it now has the same AI as her previous biggest airplay hit What's My Name.

And it has not even peaked yet.

I did predict this after all...

tumblr_lstmirPH1W1qewmu6o1_500.gif

Diamonds is officially Rihanna's biggest airplay hit as it now has the same AI as her previous biggest airplay hit What's My Name.

TBH not really relevant.....less than a year ago they changed the way they measure airplay giving ALL pop songs massive boosts in total AI. You cannot compare AI accurately over long periods of time because the formula is always changing.

Mau ®

TBH not really relevant.....less than a year ago they changed the way they measure airplay giving ALL pop songs massive boosts in total AI. You cannot compare AI accurately over long periods of time because the formula is always changing.

Not quite true. The measurement remains the same, just that quite a few stations transitioned into TOP 40 format.

But you do know Diamonds is actually not doing as well on pop as on other formats, right?

Not that Im surprised at you coming for everything she does

She is slaying, make no mistake.

DMeisterJ

Banned

It's #1 again on the Hot 100 this week, making a nice pairing with her #1 album this week, a feat that's only been accomplished by Adele, Ke$ha and Eminem (with Rih's help, kii) recently. She's in such successful company as of late. And as you accurately stated, Diamonds hasn't even peaked yet. When it goes into power rotation it will continue to slay.

#SHINEBRIGHTBITCH

Mumei

So what has changed, exactly?

what ever happened to the omg guys nicki is a classically trained singer bit that the garbaj stans love to throw around

Wait.

I need more details about this.

Not quite true. The measurement remains the same, just that quite a few stations transitioned into TOP 40 format.

But you do know Diamonds is actually not doing as well on pop as on other formats, right?

Not that Im surprised at you coming for everything she does

She is slaying, make no mistake.

Not arguing that. Don't get petty.

You are still wrong. AI now is NOT comparable to the past. Its a stupid metric.....its useful when comparing songs out at the same time....NOT for comparing songs from different years. Whether the change was due to adding stations, or the formula, the result was the same....songs since the change have had their AI massively inflated as compared to under the old system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom