• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

New Page, New News

Your faves have been put on notice. Don't bother brushing your wigs because they have been thoroughly snatched by the album of the year. Historians will debate years from now if your faves even had wigs to begin with.

Charts have been topped.
Records have been broken.
Albums will be cockblocked.

Don't be fooled, Savior Swift is still slaying.

pPrdG.jpg

You may return to your ongoing floptivities.

gIXNC.gif

#2012RedGlobalDomination
#2012AlbumoftheYear
#2012HEWwasaLocalBitch?

----------------------------------------------------------
Britney's parents are doing a better job than the Lohans.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
They're doing a better job than the Lohans.

Actually that's exactly who I was thinking of. Oh gosh. All of these fallen trashbag starlettes are all so similar.

Trigger

The album is officially out the 22nd so I felt compelled to revive my post.

And I still like the New Page, New News meme.
bhuHH.gif

Quoting from X Factor thread.

http://www.examiner.com/article/the-x-factor-u-s-headed-for-cancellation-top-5-failures-of-the-show

:lol

Would be funny if true. At least Simon could then concentrate on trying to salvage XF UK for it's 10th year in 2013. It's sinking faster than most of the winners have.

When I saw the ratings I really suspected it would be gone after this season. The format is JUST growing on me right now so a bit sad. The costs of the show are just way too fucking high. Then you have The Voice which is destroying itself intentionally with TWO seasons a year rather than one.

I predict. 2 years from now. Idol will be the last one standing (though I don't think Mariah is nearly worth what they are paying her) Thats some poetic justice for ya.

Idol producers must be shitting themselves after the underperformance of X Factor. No shade to Mariah + Nicki, but they forked out a lot of money for those two.

botty

Banned
I like how you brought up The Voice, for no reason at all mind you, as if it is flopping as hard as Flop Factor. The Voice isn't nearly as expensive of a show as X Factor, nor does it give a five million dollar prize to a future flop.

This is exactly what happens when you have a panel of non-talented people, judging a group of non-talented people. No one cares, and your show tanks in the ratings.

Also, Mariah Carey is over qualified to judge idol. She isn't being paid nearly what she deserves, and Idol will be a better show because of her
and Nicki Minaj

icg64cP7jxrZS.gif

Idol producers must be shitting themselves after the underperformance of X Factor. No shade to Mariah + Nicki, but they forked out a lot of money for those two.

I am going to wait and see.

I remember the season after Simon left Idol ratings actually went up quite a bit. I could see the same this season.......maybe even more if X Factor gets a big high profile cancellation. Though I agree they are paying too much for judges as well. How much are they playing Nicki?

I like how you brought up The Voice, for no reason at all mind you, as if it is flopping as hard as Flop Factor. The Voice isn't nearly as expensive of a show as X Factor, nor does it give a five million dollar prize to a future flop.

This is exactly what happens when you have a panel of non-talented people, judging a group of non-talented people. No one cares, and your show tanks in the ratings.

Also, Mariah Carey is over qualified to judge idol. She isn't being paid nearly what she deserves, and Idol will be a better show because of her
and Nicki Minaj

icg64cP7jxrZS.gif

No offense but The Voice is a flop. Its format is completely incapable of producing an actual success. Its ratings get inflated by the popular auditions that people watch for the sheer lulz factor only to see rating dive to oblivion through the live shows. Its going to be even worse next season without two of its judges. Last season ratings were artificially inflated by having a post Superbowl episode. Not to mention that with the shows success the judges are going to be wanting massive pay raises.

X Factor US doesn't have a success yet....but the UK counterpart does which goes to illustrates that it CAN produce results.

What I said about Mariah has nothing to do with her skills. It has everything to do with ratings. Is she going to improve ratings 15-20 million dollars worth? Nope. We will see though.....I am not overly pessimistic and could be wrong.

Keep cryin babe.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I bet Taylor Swift is REAL dirty in bed. Seriously nasty shit.

Ok what the fucking hell idol. Last year they went scorched earth on youtube deleting thousands of videos from the show. They then launched their own channel with clips. Then they fucking delete ALL the clips on their OWN channel.

Fuck............

Seriously. The reality shows have the most moronic management on earth. Are they completely oblivious as to how important Youtube is to success now?

both shows are shitty and boring and will never produce a star that's even as popular as Adam Lambert

ibg9z9BElzf4YJ.gif

I don't disagree. Though I think X factor at least has the possibility.....unlike the Voice.

Bladenic

X-Factor is a giant flop actually given the amount spent to bring in Britney Spears and the complete retooling of the whole panel and the hosts. The ratings are worse than last year and dropping.

Meanwhile, The Voice is getting ratings on the same level as the first two seasons. Hell, hasn't it been growing? Time will tell what the judge changes and the 2 seasons per year will do, but for now, The Voice remains a big success while X-Factor would probably get cancelled if not for it being Simon's show.

X-Factor is a giant flop actually given the amount spent to bring in Britney Spears and the complete retooling of the whole panel and the hosts. The ratings are worse than last year and dropping.

Meanwhile, The Voice is getting ratings on the same level as the first two seasons. Hell, hasn't it been growing? Time will tell what the judge changes and the 2 seasons per year will do, but for now, The Voice remains a big success while X-Factor would probably get cancelled if not for it being Simon's show.

The Voice has stayed about stable. Finale ratings have been about stable with both being between 11-12 million viewers. However, the show WILL be down from last season because this season did not have a post super bowl episode.

Financially I agree its in a much better situation though.

Idol still king.

lol I am not sure what I would do with myself if all the reality singing shows went under. I really don't see The X Factor or Voice sticking around long........Idol still crushes them both in ratings but has been seeing steady declines while costs are also increasing. These shows have been a pasttime for me pretty much since I was old enough to choose what I watched on TV lol...

I really do think Idol is due a major rebound though. My BIGGEST worry is that it could rebound this season....followed by Mariah and Nicki leaving after one season.

(who knows maybe Cowell will consider coming back eventually)

Kyon

Banned
Are y'all still watching those shows? I haven't watched Xfactor since like the last 3 episodes. I for the life of me can't STAND talent shows. They are so fucking boring I just can't. Sorry Godney not even you can keep me interested. It's just a waste of time now. No one comin out of there becomes a real star. It's a sham and a waste if everybody's time and money. I never cared about these shows since Carrie won.

I Stan Godney not Xfactor. The only reason I watched in the first place. It come to the point where I watch all of Britney's footage on YouTube. I seriously don't know how y'all do it

I haven't been watching but the last few days caught up on X Factor on youtube. Like it enough that I will probably try to watch and finish out the season. A couple promising contestant........which is what it SHOULD be about.

Idol have been doing reasonably well lately. PP's Home was a fairly big hit and McDreary sold well.

If I am going to be honest the success of the contestant is 20% about the show and 80% about how they are managed after the show. The way One Direction was handled was brilliant.

All it takes is ONE contestant. Which is why I still watch.

Aguila

#ICONIC
OP UPDATE:
Check the videos section for Homewrecker Keys' new video

ibg9z9BElzf4YJ.gif

omg, my brother is playing Goldeneye online and there is a player called Taylor Swift who is killing everybody.

Kyon

Banned
Where the rumors at sis?

LINK PLZ!!!

This week the singer was said to be “on the best form ever” as she filmed her part in Will.i.am’s new single Scream and Shout.

She looked stunning in a Herve Leger dress and black gloves.

She even insisted on stylists cutting out the midriff area of the £1,000 dress to show off her toned tum.
My spy says: “She had her groove back and she looked and danced ­brilliantly.

“There’s a throw-down section where she performs a solo dance on a podium, and all you hear is, ‘It’s ­Britney Bitch’. And then she danced like ­crazy.

“She’s got her groove back. X Factor has given her a new lease of life.

“She wants to show people what originally made her so famous again.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/britney-spears-goes-bridezilla-singer-1390128

yassr9zkq.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom