• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koodo

Banned
yassr9zkq.gif
Not the source claiming to have a spy though. What kind of 007 teas on the eve of SKYFALL.

iEFHMllITCEi0.gif

Kyon

Banned
As per while SHITki got one song on the Prez's album Brand has the FIRST LADY using ha and taking pic receipts.

tumblr_mbyrvlUeCr1qbh0eio2_250.gif

Koodo

Banned
Godney is looking STUNNING, minus the fashun; but that looks to be part of the narrative in a post that includes collections from Deréon and Jail Couture.

DMeisterJ

Banned
That's fine. The Justin Bieber collab is climbing to the top 10 in itunes.

Um, as much as I like that song, it's been out for days and it still is only at #33. She is iTunes and Radio poison if "The Boys" and "Pound the Alarm" are anything to go by. Even Beliebers couldn't get it into the top 10 yet.

Aguila

#ICONIC
At least Ellie doesn't walk around with a giant stain of vagina sweat on her pants.
z63MU.gif

Anyway, Zedd's album is pretty amazing. Zedd, collab with Lana, collab with Azealia.... ARTPOP is going to slay lives. Your faves tried.
z63MU.gif

botty

Banned
Um, as much as I like that song, it's been out for days and it still is only at #33. She is iTunes and Radio poison if "The Boys" and "Pound the Alarm" are anything to go by. Even Beliebers couldn't get it into the top 10 yet.

I don't get your "Pound The Alarm" shade. It already went gold, and has been stable on the itunes charts for months.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I don't get your "Pound The Alarm" shade. It already went gold, and has been stable on the itunes charts for months.

Gold. lol.

I guess the flops call going gold a success. And I see you expertly dodged the statement about "Beauty and a Beat". #noted

DMeisterJ

Banned
Has Diamonds gone gold yet?

ibQR75bXCQziA.gif

Diamonds is at 350,000 units sold after three weeks, and it's higher on iTunes now than it has been in recent weeks. 500k is a lock for two weeks from now. But for future reference, don't come for Rih and single sales. Remember that even her flops go platinum #YouDaOne. Same can't be said for Garbaj

Goodbye

121wqx1xeddh.gif

botty

Banned
Diamonds is at 350,000 units sold after three weeks, and it's higher on iTunes now than it has been in recent weeks. 500k is a lock for two weeks from now. But for future reference, don't come for Rih and single sales. Remember that even her flops go platinum #YouDaOne. Same can't be said for Garbaj

Goodbye

121wqx1xeddh.gif

Cockiness would like to have a word with you.

iVgBPMFPDUTXj.gif

Styles

6. 22
We will again arrive at a Katy Perry comparison - you know how she often sings about Friday nights and house parties galore? Well that's kind of what this track is going for. The only difference is that here it doesn't feel as manufactured or cheesy. Well done, Taylor.

13. The Lucky One
We know Britney got there first with her track Lucky, but think of this as a slightly less cheesy version

iqRcLGkdkCphU.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
Cockiness remix is the final single from Talk That Talk, but considering it charted @ #2 in the bubbling under, I can see why you didn't know.

z63MU.gif

Speaking of Bubbling Under, "The Boys" is at #14.

z63MU.gif

And it isn't the final throwaway single of an era, it's the lead single. And it's nowhere to be seen on iTunes, and it's not getting played on radio

121wqx1xeddh.gif

Mau ®

Cockiness would like to have a word with you.

iVgBPMFPDUTXj.gif

You keep trying but Cockiness was nothing more than a VMA-thing. Diamonds was set to be a single by that time.

And just so we're clear gurl: Pound The Alarm registered a 40% airplay drop and couldnt even crack top 10 despite extensive promo. Starships sold 2 MILLION COPIES, PTA sold 500k. Clearly the public is largely over the Garbaj Chute.

botty

Banned
Cockiness was still a single. Throwing it away, much like the general public did, doesn't excuse the fact that it was a flop... even with VMA promo.

And when did Pound the Alarm have major promo? I only recall it being performed once at one of those late night shows.

I'm not trying anything, though. DMJ said Rihanna's flops go platinum, but that is clearly not always the case.

iVgBPMFPDUTXj.gif

Mau ®

Cockiness was still a single. Throwing it away, much like the general public did, doesn't excuse the fact that it was a flop... even with VMA promo.

And when did Pound the Alarm have major promo? I only recall it being performed once at one of those late night shows.

I'm not trying anything, though. DMJ said Rihanna's flops go platinum, but that is clearly not always the case.

iVgBPMFPDUTXj.gif

Cockiness was not sent to radio. It was a digital-only release. Therefore not a real single.

You didnt try at all. Much like Xtincta with Your Body.

iVgBPMFPDUTXj.gif

royalan

I canNOT at that flop reviewer having the audacity to even ATTEMPT coming for Luckysus Christ.

That "cheesiness" they're referring to is actually better termed "lyrical Pop brilliance" and is the reason why that song survives and is drunkenly sung along to this very day.

Meanwhile, will people even remember the lyrics to Taylor's immitation perfume knockoff even two weeks from now? #iThinkNot

Reviewer should be hanged, tbh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom