• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satch

Banned
Beautiful
ibwQJ42rBxCuoB.gif

yas stan kimbra

#AnimeClub

Tomodachi

Nadine. The others are all friends but she was always a bit standoffish, claimed she wasn't really friends with the others, etc. Also quite resentful of Cheryl because Cheryl was obviously the public fave of the group and had a moderately successful solo career (which Nadine wanted but didn't have).
Didn't Nicola write Sticks and Stones about being in Girls Aloud though? Lyrics were pretty damn harsh.

3phemeral

Honestly, I love her defiance and insistence on being a pop star on her own terms, but I hate reading shit like this:

Xtina....Xtina Xtina Xtina...Back To Basics (the last era where you were really put through the paces as a pop star) was over 6 damn years ago. If you want to stay a big wig in this game you have NO EXCUSE to not be out there actively touring and actively promoting your projects. You're not the only pop star to balance being a star and being a parent, and with your tenure on The Voice done you won't have SHIT ELSE to do. Get the fuck off your ass and tour. #PHUCKYOTERMS

It's been apparent where her motivations have been since she's filmed every interview from her own home and even recorded that Red Sin commercial from her bedroom.

#LotusRedLipsRoomTour2013Domination

Christina ain't stepping out for nobody, not even her own career.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Didn't Nicola write Sticks and Stones about being in Girls Aloud though? Lyrics were pretty damn harsh.

She wrote it about people calling her the ugly one in GA, not about the other gerls. As soon as she stopped slapping on the fake tan and hair dye she turned from the ugly duckling to the beautiful swan tho.

Tomodachi

She wrote it about people calling her the ugly one in GA, not about the other gerls. As soon as she stopped slapping on the fake tan and hair dye she turned from the ugly duckling to the beautiful swan tho.
I see. For some reason I was sure she was referring to the other girls but I was wrong it seems. She is such a goddess btw.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
It's been apparent where her motivations have been since she's filmed every interview from her own home and even recorded that Red Sin commercial from her bedroom.

#LotusRedLipsRoomTour2013Domination

Christina ain't stepping out for nobody, not even her own career.

#LotusRedLipsRoomSkypeTour2013Domination
iMvrCfSxA1M46.gif

Rolling Stone previews LOTUS

kii @ the Bionic quote. Delusional.

Im mostly excited for Blank Page tbh.

Oddly enough, reading this preview really pissed me off. A couple of things:

- Christina is endlessly articulate but to a fault. For someone who perfectly exemplifies a musician whose talent is worth much than their music, she seems to be in a nirvana state when talking about her career. I'm sure she's proud of her accomplishments and that's totally fine, but it frustrates me as someone who's followed her career since the start and felt sheer frustration at her career choices practically every year... it's just annoying to me that no part of her seems to be on the same page, if that makes any sense.

- Her self-defensive preaching of Bionic has good intentions, but her complete lack of a sense of humor in interviews comes to bite her in the ass here. She just comes off as incredibly self-absorbed and out of touch with her fans or the mainstream. And Bionic felt more dated than Back To Basics, and the latter was GOING for dated.

- Roy already touched on this (bless <3), but the fact that she keeps using her motherhood as a reason for not doing what any modern pop act would do as practically ROUTINE is really disappointing. Either she simply doesn't feel the need to seek out that mainstream success that the more contemporary pop ladies are doing and is okay with settling for less, or she somehow holds different standards for herself and thinks that she's big enough of an act to be complacent about touring and promo. The next point is the bitter truth though.

- Christina Aguilera is not a pop star that the mainstream is clammoring for anymore, and unless she puts a little fight in to get people interested in her, her album will come and go and nobody will give a moment's notice. She's been on a 6 year vacation from being in mainstream pop and as a result the pop world has moved on. She doesn't have the portfolio or fanbase of a Britney Spears or a Beyonce so she's not equipped for a glorious mainstream comeback. If she's truly intent on jumping back in the game then she needs to run with the new girls' rules; if not, then she can fully convert to a television personality and will continue to be referred to as "The Voice's Christina Aguilera" during interviews.

Mau ®

Well let's remember Britney did 0 anything for Femme Fatale until the week of release (and then did nothing more kiii).

But Britney has a brand name to fall back on. I dont think Xtina has that.

Vazra

Promotions aka performances are the #1 basic thing a musician/artist does. She has done 0. This is crazy.

All the wasted talent gives me a headache.
ibzBYW3jXqu3KX.gif

#Mess

Well let's remember Britney did 0 anything for Femme Fatale until the week of release (and then did nothing more kiii).

Before she did had something
After Bionic she has nothing.
ib1jIxfIbuILTQ.gif

Kyon

Banned

For the Femme Fatale Promo Tour She did Las Vegas Rain for two shows. The MTV special, Jimmy Kimmel, GMA and I forgot the other ones.

She's Britney Spears. The girl has been complacent for a VERY long time but the fact that she's still found success and attention is because her fans are loyal to her and come in huge numbers. That's the difference between her and Aguilera. Which is why Lotus won't get the same results with Christina being equally complacent.

Kyon

Banned
She's Britney Spears. The girl has been complacent for a VERY long time but the fact that she's still found success and attention is because her fans are loyal to her and come in huge numbers. That's the difference between her and Aguilera. Which is why Lotus won't get the same results with Christina being equally complacent.

Christina's demographic is a bit different IMO she catered to older crowds and younger teen girls because of her vocal talent. Britney's demographic was teen girls and gay boys. Lol

Christina had Britney's crowd for awhile then she didn't. Don't know what happened.

royalan

But lets not forget Blackout. One of Britney's best albums that pretty much flopped for similar reasons (very little promotion or presence from Britney). Not even Britney is impervious to flopping if there isn't a team surrounding her to constantly push her.

I think Christina just doesn't have a team. And, worse yet, I'm starting to think that she just doesn't have the drive to go and get one. The fact that she seems to think that what she's currently doing is enough to promote her new album and the fact that she thinks she has the klout with the GP to even SAY something like "I'll tour in my own time," is telling of the kind of people she has around her.

She should have ditched Irving Azoff as her manager ages ago.

Loving the Amy Lee gifs in here. It's better than the old and tired gifs that have been posted numerous times already. I applaud you Pupi.

botty

Banned
After reading that interview, it is clear to me that Christina Aguilera is truly an artist in every sense of the word.

Every era for her is an artistic expression of image and music. Which always leads to commercial success, except with Bionic... the most iconic flop in music history. Granted, Bionic was highly experimental, and underground... so its sales perfectly reflected the theme.

You can see her artistic impact being emulated in numerous flops, like Flop This Way and MDNAids.

iBqoswAcbh8X6.gif

Vazra

After reading that interview, it is clear to me that Christina Aguilera is truly an artist in every sense of the word.

Every era for her is an artistic expression of image and music. Which always leads to commercial success, except with Bionic... the most iconic flop in music history. Granted, Bionic was highly experimental, and underground... so its sales perfectly reflected the theme.

You can see her artistic impact being emulated in numerous flops, like Flop This Way and MDNAids.

iBqoswAcbh8X6.gif

Flop this way I think made more money than Bionic...
iT7DMWzSzWjSO.gif

royalan

iBqoswAcbh8X6.gif

The Album That Surpassed Time.

The world will see Bionic for its greatness long after we've all departed from this earth.

SzUGB.png

Trigger

V5p7V.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
Cher's Twitter is HILARIOUS. I cannot

@cher
I m pissed cause its not the final version ! Final version is SO MUCH BETTER ! What a drag .. I wouldn’t have picked that part ! Bye bye
@cher
its gone ! Sorry! Since it was leaked,Lovelies should have been able 2hear it! just heard whole song on English site ! Whoa! IM OVER PISSED

Those two are about this leak: http://soundcloud.com/juniorlks/vn-20121019-00001

@cher
Just read 1 of my Twts! God I’ve got to read them at least 3X’s B4 sending! I know what I mean,but I said “I can’t do nothing!”I meant

GM4i7.gif

B-Dex

Gurls a song came on the radio and I was jamming to it and then I realized it was a Flo Rida song.....

demi+fuck+my+life.gif

yes that is demi hewdattho

B-Dex

Cher's twitter is always amazing. Especially her tweets about her duet with Lady Gaga. That was a whole twitter saga.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
*Dumps bottle of water on pants*

Nicccccceeeeee!!!!!

Now how are we going to replicate the smell though...

DAT WHIFF!

>.>;

hYpWK.gif

Why am I singing along "Go Go Girls... Go Go Girls... You boys bettah know", I'm a boy for fucks sakes, the fuck is going on?

I think I'm going to stan these Girls

New Goddesses come forth to be worshiped

Wow, Leona gave two dynamite performances just now at the Stand Up to Cancer concert. She tweeted that she lost her voice this morning, and I could definitely hear she was having some trouble, but gerl brought the emotion.

"Run" gets me every time ;_;

Trigger

Katy Perry is such a sweetheart. I heard about her singing with an autistic kid earlier today, but I saw a clip of the performance on TV a few minutes ago. It's so nice when our faves do good things with their time.

ibfwkOGsi8CiyX.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom