• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
If Xtina was to tour, I hope it would have more moments like this:

And none like this:

Xtina is in a complete state of fear in the picture above, and it terribly effected her vocals.

Her state of fear in the second photo is obviously caused by her worries about being totally outsung by Florence there.

royalan

The only pop act I've ever seen live is Gaga. And I almost don't even count it because it was a tiny show before she blew up ("Just Dance" wasn't even charting yet). I have yet to see my queen live. ;____;

ANYWAY

Christina VIP ‏@Christina_VIP @TheRealXtina will be interviewed & performing on @TheEllenShow a week from today! Make sure to check your local listing and set your DVRs!

YESSSSS

botty

Banned
Her state of fear in the second photo is obviously caused by her worries about being totally outsung by Florence there.

a mess
dSC6L.gif

Oh, btw...

I just heard some really GREAT Beyonce news.

ibsFwUUWkTW0SX.gif

I saw Lady Gaga back when she first started. Just as cooky as she is today, though not as good a performer. Still though, she put her disco stick to good use.

I've yet to see Beyonce though. I can't even imagine 0_0

I've seen Backstreet Boys and Kelly Clarkson and and and and um.... Cheyenne Kimball? And pre-pubescent Aaron Carter. That's it. :x

Oh, and Vanessa Carlton. And I saw Thalia singing downtown on a street corner. :x

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Damn. Really, y'all? I try and go to concerts as much as possible. I have ever since I was little. These are the few pop concerts I can remember:

Ricky Martin - Livin' la Vida Loca Tour - 1999
N Sync / Pink / Sisqo - No Strings Attached Tour - 2000
Janet Jackson - All For You Tour - 2001
Coldplay - Twisted Logic Tour - 2006
Kelly Clarkson - All I Ever Wanted Tour - 2009
Lady Gaga / Scissor Sisters - Monster Ball Tour - 2011
Janet Jackson - Number Ones: Up Close and Person Tour - 2011
Kelly Clarkson - Stronger Tour - 2012

I threw Coldplay in there even though they aren't strictly "pop" like the others. It was just a damn good show.

And then I've been to dozens more that no one here would give a fuck about (a little band called Eisley ten times, Coheed & Cambria six, Jack's Mannequin, other rock shows, SXSW, country concerts with my mom and sister, etc.).

Go see your favs live. Really. Save up and go see them.
And then let's see if they're still your favs.

I want to go to the Born This Way Ball and to see Taylor Swift when they both come up to/near NYC in the spring, but I can't because of work. Meh. Oh well. Taylor would be awful anyways. It would just be fun to watch the show.

Zutroy

I'm just curious...

Who here has seen what pop acts live and on which tours? And I mean at the venues in person, not a live recording.

Kelly Clarkson 4 times
Britney twice
Kylie
Rihanna
Taylor at New Year
Shania
Anastacia
Dido
Sugababes

I think that's all the pop ones.

[E] Oh, and All Saints, lol.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I'm just curious...

Who here has seen what pop acts live and on which tours? And I mean at the venues in person, not a live recording.

Nicki Minaj
Lady Gaga, Pitbull, Bieber
ok not really since it was in Times Square and I was nowhere near the stage ;_;
Britney Spears and Demi Lovato
at an X-Factor taping

Majmun

I am not even a MASSIVE Bey stan but seeing her at Glastonbury was practically a religious experience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8TZipeTneI

GOOD GAWD

I remember watching it on youtube the other day. It never gets old. Soooo goood.
Don't think I could survive seeing Beysus live. My stanning would reach ctitical levels.

I've only seen Daft Punk and Red Hot Chilli Peppers live btw.

Out of all the popgaf divas, I would only want to see Beyonce, Robyn, Janelle and Gaga live tbh. They would entertain me while putting out great vocals. I love Mariah, Xtina and Adele. But those aren't the best performers tbh.
Not here for Rihanna's live vocals. And also not here for a Britney mimic show with abysmal "dancing"

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Kelly Clarkson 4 times
Britney twice
Kylie
Rihanna
Taylor at New Year
Shania
Anastacia
Dido
Sugababes

I think that's all the pop ones.

I've seen Dido but I didn't include her because

ibjn0GVISSD43O.gif

I've seen plenty of other people who aren't pop tho.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I love Mariah, Xtina and Adele. But those aren't the best performers tbh.
Not here for Rihanna's live vocals. And also not here for a Britney mimic show with abysmal "dancing"
But the point of going to an Adele show is to hear her live. She doesn't need the show. She's fucking great. I would kill to see her.

And yeah, I would never pay to see Britney. I work with actors and singers every day, some of whom y'all would know, and the fact that she does next to nothing herself is just insulting. I couldn't pay to see that and leave with a clear conscience.

Majmun

But the point of going to an Adele show is to hear her live. She doesn't need the show. She's fucking great. I would kill to see her.

And yeah, I would never pay to see Britney. I work with actors and singers every day, some of whom y'all would know, and the fact that she does next to nothing herself is just insulting. I couldn't pay to see that and leave with a clear conscience.

I dunno. The chairs must be like VERY comfortable during Adele's show, otherwise I'm out. Not here for a stiff ass. I want to move my ass when going to a concert tbh.

Oh, and....you work with celebrities? *.*
Or am I reading it wrong

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Oh, and....you work with celebrities? *.*
Or am I reading it wrong
I work in theater, and yeah, depending on the show, sometimes celebrities. So it's really annoying to me to see people try and talk about how talented Britney Spears is when...well, she's not. Lip syncing is such bullshit. The only time I think it is excusable is when the performer is doing crazy fast dance moves nonstop during a song like Janet used to do and still sometimes does. I was shocked that she did some of what she did when I saw her last year. Even then though... I'm paying to see them sing. I want to hear them sing.

Onyx Hotel tour was one of the best concerts I've seen tbh.
I assume because of the production value though, which is completely understandable. Although I guess Britney actually danced back then. I could buy that, I guess. Maybe.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Why? For saying that we should hold the performers whose careers we are all supporting accountable for the "talent" they are claiming they have?

I'm sure anyone who takes issue with that will get the fuck over it because I'm not going to take it back. We should hold them accountable, and I do. If you're going to put out a CD with crazy vocals and then perform it live, you damn well better perform it live.

Why? For saying that we should hold the performers whose careers we are all supporting accountable for the "talent" they are claiming they have?

I'm sure anyone who takes issue with that will get the fuck over it because I'm not going to take it back. We should hold them accountable, and I do. If you're going to put out a CD with crazy vocals and then perform it live, you damn well better perform it live.

This I can endorse. You SHOULD be able to pull off your songs live....its about knowing your own abilities.

Nothing is worse than "artists" who sound like shit on their own songs.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

I don't recall Britney ever claiming that she had all this talent tho. I do remember her putting out amazing music if that helps?

WaiT we know Britney lost her Spearit but...

You say you paid for a BRITNEY ticket to hear her SING.

Bye

ik3talg2of7rcamfy4.gif

Can she even dance/perform well live? I honestly don't know...... haven't watched her live in years outside of a couple awards show performances. I just know that performance people always play in Plug.....

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
This I can endorse. You SHOULD be able to pull off your songs live....its about knowing your own abilities.

Nothing is worse than "artists" who sound like shit on their own songs.

I disagree, I never want Gaga to sing Judas live and that is my favorite song of hers

she cant pull it off
ibjn0GVISSD43O.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
There's no doubting that Britney has lost some of her spark. But I still can't at people trying to denigrate her, or any other POP STARS, for not having talent or something equally irrelevant. The music with her name on it slays. That's what's important. Everything else is secondary.

Kyon

Banned
Bye.

Britney lost her dancing ability but her TOUR SETS and PRODUCTION is AIR TIGHT SLAYAGE. Her shows always entertain.

It's one thing watching on YouTube and actually being there.

She still has the ability to keep all eyes on her.

If you're going in expecting her to sit there and sing songs ch..

ik3talg2of7rcamfy4.gif

There's no doubting that Britney has lost some of her spark. But I still can't at people trying to denigrate her for not having talent or something. The music with her name on it slays. That's what's important. Everything else is secondary.

CD Music and live Concerts are a completely different ballgame imo.

If she doesn't bring anything to the show other than playing the track really loudly in an arena.....then you may as well stay at home and listen to the CD (not saying this is the case....just making a point).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom