• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
CD Music and live Concerts are a completely different ballgame imo.

If she doesn't bring anything to the show other than playing the track really loudly in an arena.....then you may as well stay at home and listen to the CD (not saying this is the case....just making a point).

I probably wouldn't go see her live tbh.

WaiT... this is flawless

image.php

unlike whatever botty has...

i2tEqNxgPbPOw.gif

<3

Made like 15 avatars today. Going to be shuffling through em for a while probably. Got bored.

Plus I need a Liam pity avatar...at least for a while.

Zutroy

Can she even dance/perform well live? I honestly don't know...... haven't watched her live in years outside of a couple awards show performances. I just know that performance people always play in Plug.....

Watch the Dream within a Dream or the Onyx Hotel tour on Youtube. Britney's an entertainer, and she was certainly able to do that in her past tours.

I was at Femme Fatale tour too, and even though it was still a good and enjoyable show, it was nothing compared to her past tours.

She doesn't sing at all though. That's even worse. You can't sing your own songs that have no range? She's a pathetic shadow of what she used to be.

The official line is that she sings the entire show live, but they tend to drown out a lot of it with the backing track. There's usually always two or three songs she'll sing without the backing.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I was at Femme Fatale tour too, and even though it was still a good and enjoyable show, it was nothing compared to her past tours.
Pretty sure none of us disputed what she could do. She certainly can't do that anymore though.

Kyon

Banned
Watch the Dream within a Dream or the Onyx Hotel tour on Youtube. Britney's an entertainer, and she was certainly able to do that in her past tours.

Tell Ha

royalan

Ok, going by tour DVDs because that's all I've seen, Brit's shows used to slay because she was an all-around entertainer at the top of her game. Her performance ability was near unrivaled.

But I get the criticism now. She looked practically comatose most of FF Tour.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Janet Jackson did more than that when I saw her last year, and she's 16 years older. Britney has become a disgraceful zombie.

Koodo

Banned
I'd still pay to attend a Britney concert if only for the mass gathering of gheys bopping in unison to Baby One More Time. I'm afraid your auditorium faves couldn't replicate that.

Anyway, I've only seen FEY on tour, back in '96. What a religious experience.

imG1IvSDYfRes.gif

I can barely remember what happened.

Janet Jackson did more than that when I saw her last year, and she's 16 years older. Britney has become a disgraceful zombie.

I don't even like Janets music.....by I have a great deal of respect for her performance abilities. Worth watching just for that. (though haven't watched anything recent)

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I don't even like Janets music.....by I have a great deal of respect for her performance abilities. Worth watching just for that. (though haven't watched anything recent)
Neither do I anymore. She hasn't really had anything great since the '80's, good since the '90's, and decent/fun since 2001 or so. And then the Superbowl incident killed the rest of her career.

That 2001 concert though still remains, and probably always will, the best concert I've ever seen.

SaintZ

I'd still pay to attend a Britney concert if only for the mass gathering of gheys bopping in unison to Baby One More Time. I'm afraid your auditorium faves couldn't replicate that.

Anyway, I've only seen FEY on tour, back in '96. What a religious experience.

imG1IvSDYfRes.gif

I can barely remember what happened.
Bless. It was a her prime too.

I've only seen the Holy Spearit in the Dream Within a Dream Tour in 2002.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Neither do I anymore. She hasn't really had anything great since the '80's, good since the '90's, and decent/fun since 2001 or so. And then the Superbowl incident killed the rest of her career.

That 2001 concert though still remains, and probably always will, the best concert I've ever seen.

Omg, here comes an Icicle essay

iGbrctk0TGFKc.gif

I need to go to some concerts....I want memories!

Every time a big act comes to town I debate whether or not to go for weeks and always end up not going whether it be because of time, money, or not having someone to go with (my friends/family are not into pop). I feel like I am missing out now lol.

Wonder if any major tours are coming to SLC this year....last year I missed Kelly and Gaga :(

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
What is your problem now? Are you a big fan of Feedback or something?

That may have been a little harsh, but it isn't too far off. All For You was certainly her last good CD. I had some hope when she released "Make Me," but then nothing else came.

iqcSPUfUQSmhf.gif

It's not that...there's a reason we don't drag Janet here.

Zutroy

I need to go to some concerts....I want memories!

Every time a big act comes to town I debate whether or not to go for weeks and always end up not going whether it be because of time, money, or not having someone to go with (my friends/family are not into pop). I feel like I am missing out now lol.

Wonder if any major tours are coming to SLC this year....last year I missed Kelly and Gaga :(

I can usually always drag somebody to come along with me to a concert, but one of the times I went to Kelly, I went on my own. Nothing was stopping me from seeing her!

royalan

Damita Jo was a flawless album. Really was. I still Bop to it.

20 Y.O. not as much, but it was a decent effort.

...no excuse for that last album, tho.

I can usually always drag somebody to come along with me to a concert, but one of the times I went to Kelly, I went on my own. Nothing was stopping me from seeing her!

Hopefully she does a tour next year.

Not sure if I could forgive myself if I don't see her at least once while she is still in her vocal prime.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
It's not that...there's a reason we don't drag Janet here.
Oh please. I wasn't "dragging" her. At least not too badly. Ha. Even I admitted what I said was harsh. If I disliked the woman, I wouldn't have seen her live twice. You just want someone to come in and try to slam me because I did just drag your fav.

Damita Jo was a flawless album. Really was. I still Bop to it.

20 Y.O. not as much, but it was a decent effort.

...no excuse for that last album, tho.
I've got everything by her, but Damita Jo...I just can't. I've listened to Discipline more than Damita Jo tbh. There's just something about Damita Jo to me that always just came across as a lesser sequel to All For You. There are too many good songs to dance to on AFY, and on DJ...I don't even know anymore.

I'd be embarrassed to stan for Britney Spears in 2012 honestly. She's become a completely useless performer, and there are endless Britney drag impersonators who can put on a better show (and play the part better) than she can right now. And considering the fact that most of her show involves her stepping on stage, pressing play, and then walking from point A to point B while alternatingly lifting her arms, she's already the performing equivelant of a low-tier drag queen.

It's too bad that most Britney stans settle for being her apologists rather than holding her and her team accountable for this last tour. If you had fun at those concerts then more power to you, and I'll take your word for it. There's obviously a lot of entertainment to be had at the Femme Fatale tour as a Britney fan... but it's obscene that most stans in this thread would rather resort to pointing at sales figures and an "it's good enough" mentality than actually showing concern for someone who has evidently touched their lives so profoundly, lol. If you're content, and Britney's content (she seems to be I guess, it's hard to tell from the empty eyes), then that's fine. But I can't take any of it seriously.

That Femme Fatale tour is everything that's wrong with pop music and pop culture. A high profile celebrity charges $100+ per ticket to watch her lipsync through her old hits (and some new ones), and people there enjoy it just because a famous person is on the stage. It's not because said famous person is doing something brilliant, great, or even just good. She's made money off of millions of people from just her name. Until she starts earning that money through something profound, I'm not checking for Miss Spears.

Cynosure

I'd be embarrassed to stan for Britney Spears in 2012 honestly. She's become a completely useless performer, and there are endless Britney drag impersonators who can put on a better show (and play the part better) than she can right now. And considering the fact that most of her show involves her stepping on stage, pressing play, and then walking from point A to point B while alternatingly lifting her arms, she's already the performing equivelant of a low-tier drag queen.

It's too bad that most Britney stans settle for being her apologists rather than holding her and her team accountable for this last tour. If you had fun at those concerts then more power to you, and I'll take your word for it. There's obviously a lot of entertainment to be had at the Femme Fatale tour as a Britney fan... but it's obscene that most stans in this thread would rather resort to pointing at sales figures and an "it's good enough" mentality than actually showing concern for someone who has evidently touched their lives so profoundly, lol. If you're content, and Britney's content (she seems to be I guess, it's hard to tell from the empty eyes), then that's fine. But I can't take any of it seriously.

That Femme Fatale tour is everything that's wrong with pop music and pop culture. A high profile celebrity charges $100+ per ticket to watch her lipsync through her old hits (and some new ones), and people there enjoy it just because a famous person is on the stage. It's not because said famous person is doing something brilliant, great, or even just good. She's made money off of millions of people from just her name. Until she starts earning that money through something profound, I'm not checking for Miss Spears.

A+

icEXtkUJ6sh5C.gif

"Glassheart" rumored as the WW lead single :-0

iTedS5OnaWQ8l.gif

wont revive the one-hit-wonder's career, but i love the song sfm

moulels

but it's obscene that most stans in this thread would rather resort to pointing at sales figures and an "it's good enough" mentality than actually showing concern for someone who has evidently touched their lives so profoundly, lol.

What? Nobody is defending the Femme Fatale Tour here
xcABM.gif

royalan

What a thorough reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom