• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Christophers (Shitty but awesome) latest listens:

It's Time
Imagine Dragons
  • I dunno what it is about this song, I can't stop listening to it. Plus it's good for once to listen to some fun pop music that isn't sung by a female.

Lock Out of Heaven
Bruno Mars
  • I've always been a Bruno Mars fan I think he's style is completely different and unique and has just that something about his voice that's very captivating. I really like this song too.

Diamonds
=(
  • It's so good! :(

I see no Second rated opinions here, except for the last one

Koodo

Banned
Big Fat Bass is a bop though, but a lesser compared to the album highs and shit.i.am's verse is absolutely putrid.

Someone needs to layer an instrumental over shit.i.am's verses in Scream & Shout. His absence would improve things considerably.

Nemesis_

Big Fat Bass is a bop though, but a lesser compared to the album highs and shit.i.am's verse is absolutely putrid.

Someone needs to layer an instrumental over shit.i.am's verses in Scream & Shout. His absence would improve things considerably.

I'm trying to think of what FF song sounds similar that you could mix it with.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
At this point it is obvious none of us have immaculate taste*
and we all stan for something that someone else thinks is shit

ibtySLHvOdI2Jy.gif

except for mine tbh

Kyon

Banned

Stems haven't been released.

Majmun

At this point it is obvious none of us have immaculate taste
and we all stan for something that someone else thinks is shit

ibtySLHvOdI2Jy.gif

No one will ever beat your track record of questionable tase, tho.

Stanning for Kesha, Perra, 1D and Nicki. And flipflopping harder than a paranoid schizo.

How is this even possible
ibtySLHvOdI2Jy.gif

Koodo

Banned
I'm trying to think of what FF song sounds similar that you could mix it with.
None in particular. Femme Fatale has a very different sound.

An instrumental from one of his previous songs could work. No need to wait for stems even, just cut the bitch out.

ibtySLHvOdI2Jy.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
No one will ever beat your track record of questionable tase, tho.

Stanning for Kesha, Perra, 1D and Nicki. And flipflopping harder than a paranoid schizo.

How is this even possible
ibtySLHvOdI2Jy.gif
I'm sure stanning for Scream and Shit and Unapologetic beats all of that.

Koodo

Banned
Marianus has the God's blessings. That makes up for even the most egregious of sins.

iRPJn0If7IHhK.gif

BTWB tour date added in Hamilton, Ontario.

western canada hew?

but really, hamilton is close enough to Toronto, I don't see the point.
I can't possibly give a drop of care anymore over Alberta being paid the most absolute of dust.

I am slightly pressed though that, out of all people, Rihanus had to be the one act to consistently return to this province. How INSULTING.

Mumei

A projected 70% drop into the 2nd week after a less than average debut for Unapologetic is telling of the general public's desire to purchase her album.

Almost as bad as MDNA's drop. She is truly the Black Madonna.

Madonna could sell albums in her prime, though.

Just finished assembling my top 40 pop albums (at work... why have I not been fired yet) and I realized how amazing the last four-five years have been for pop music. A lot of my favorites are pretty recent, and with the exception of a couple of 80s gems, pretty much everything else is from 2002 onward.

Also it's because I'm 23 and grew up in Lebanon, so my stanhood didn't technically start 'til 2002 anyway

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
BTWB tour date added in Hamilton, Ontario.

western canada hew?

but really, hamilton is close enough to Toronto, I don't see the point.

She added 3 more dates...

I swear if this bitch adds Austin or San Antonio I am going to be extremely pissed
unless I can return my Houston tickets ;_;

royalan

Starting the year off right, tbh...

Now all I need is that Lotus World Stadium Tour Sponsored by LiveNation to come to Philly and I will be complete.

iDgdcP8uJRTW7.gif
iDgdcP8uJRTW7.gif
iDgdcP8uJRTW7.gif

royalan

I thought it was confirmed that she was touring Lotus tho...

The most confirmation we've gotten up to this point is her saying in interviews that "doing shows" is "one of the things" she wants to "possibly" do during her The Voice hiatus. Hardly a confirmation. ;___;

However, on the bright side, I find it highly unlikely that RCA/Irving Azoff would let her get away with NOT touring her material a second time (touring has become too large a source of revenue, and Lotus isn't selling well enough on its own thus far). And there's speculation that she's just being conservative about announcing a tour after what happened with the Bionic Tour.

Who knows, but I'm certain we'll get something.

Mumei

Just finished assembling my top 40 pop albums (at work... why have I not been fired yet) and I realized how amazing the last four-five years have been for pop music. A lot of my favorites are pretty recent, and with the exception of a couple of 80s gems, pretty much everything else is from 2002 onward.

Also it's because I'm 23 and grew up in Lebanon, so my stanhood didn't technically start 'til 2002 anyway

I am looking forward to this!

royalan

So wait, a tour isn't actually confirmed but is she still is leaving The Voice for a season at least? Dead.

To be fair, Cee Lo is leaving the show as well (with the rumors already circulating that Blake and Adam are leaving the following season. That's not surprising tho). Don't know why people focus so much on Xtina in these things.

As I said, i'm certain we'll be getting a tour. It would be nice to have confirmation/details tho. :-/

Oh, and...

AO8Ia.png

Starting the year off right, tbh...

Now all I need is that Lotus World Stadium Tour Sponsored by LiveNation to come to Philly and I will be complete.

Sis, the last thing I need to see right now is an extended set of Christina singing live. Those days are behind me (and her) now.

iDgdcP8uJRTW7.gif
iDgdcP8uJRTW7.gif
iDgdcP8uJRTW7.gif
iDgdcP8uJRTW7.gif

royalan

Sis, the last thing I need to see right now is an extended set of Christina singing live. Those days are behind me (and her) now.

If she were to go on tour I'm certain she'd start meeting with a vocal coach again (she had one with her during the Back To Basics Tour). That, and all the singing she'd be doing would have her in much better shape than those few off-hand performances we got. Not excusing those, mind you. She should have better prepared herself for those and all the bad press she got is her own damn fault.

If she were to go on tour I'm certain she'd start meeting with a vocal coach again (she had one with her during the Back To Basics Tour). That, and all the singing she'd be doing would have her in much better shape than those few off-hand performances we got. Not excusing those, mind you. She should have better prepared herself for those and all the bad press she got is her own damn fault.

yeah I guess... but honestly I also don't like watching her perform live, nor have I enjoyed her concerts, lol. The Back To Basics Tour had some amazing moments vocally but I didn't enjoy the production nor her stage presence. Of course if she went on tour I'd buy tickets if they're affordable but she's definitely not someone I need to see live like Beyonce or Gaga.

Also what do we think of my avatar? ;__; I love Carmen Sandiego but maybe I should shop around for a better avvy. Need a worthy successor to pouncing kitty.

royalan

I guess... but I also don't like watching her perform live, nor have I enjoyed her concerts, lol. The Back To Basics Tour had some amazing moments vocally but I didn't enjoy the production nor her stage presence. Of course if she went on tour I'd buy tickets if they're affordable but she's definitely not someone I need to see live like Beyonce or Gaga.

I loved everything about the Back To Basics Tour. ;___;

Understand

Makes Me Wanna Pray

her rasta remix of What A Girl Wants

Her giving me Janet teas with her Nasty Naughty Boy set

It was a perfect Pop tour, tbh...

o1o8K.jpg

iDgdcP8uJRTW7.gif
iDgdcP8uJRTW7.gif
iDgdcP8uJRTW7.gif

I loved everything about the Back To Basics Tour. ;___;

Understand

Makes Me Wanna Pray

Her Rasta Remix of What A Girl Wants

Her giving me Janet teas with her Nasty Naughty Boy set

It was a perfect Pop tour, tbh...

o1o8K.jpg

iDgdcP8uJRTW7.gif
iDgdcP8uJRTW7.gif
iDgdcP8uJRTW7.gif

Nah it was a great concert, I don't mean it that harshly. I think it's coz I'm completely obsessed with Beyonce concerts, my standards are up in the skies. I think the arrangements of the SONGS were great, but I thought the production of the dancing and her own performing was a bit front-loaded. There's no big intro or big finish (aside from that fucking amazing final note in the outro, my lord) and she just kinda scurries out there and starts doing choreo without much buildup. Ain't No Other Man is so energy-fueled which is great, but after that the rest of it feels very draggy and one-note. Also her outfits looked half-baked and her makeup was over-baked. Could have been better, but I know that that's her pinnacle.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
At least that guy is hot.

I've seen Janet live twice (2001 & 2011). At the 2001 show that I was at, and I'm pretty sure she talked about this on I think it was Letterman after it happened, she called a guy up so that she could strap him down and do dirty things. Well, she usually calls up hot guys. Why wouldn't she? Who wouldn't? The guy she picked at my show ended up being this fat fucking troll. He was so gross. She thought he looked attractive from where she saw him in the crowd...and he wasn't. Trick of the light. I was in 8th grade at the time and so uncomfortable. Haha. She was crawling all over this sweaty mound. UGH. So gross.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I'm just curious...

Who here has seen what pop acts live and on which tours? And I mean at the venues in person, not a live recording.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I'm just curious...

Who here has seen what pop acts live and on which tours? And I mean at the venues in person, not a live recording.

I've seen

Beyoncé at Glastonbury
Janelle Monáe at Glastonbury
Kelis at Glastonbury
Azealia Banks
Robyn on the Body Talk Tour
Björk on the Voltaic Tour

next year I'm seeing Jessie Ware and Gods Aloud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom