• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

3phemeral

Doing some speed paintings for practice in PS, 15 minutes in.... guess who

B8mXg.jpg

huehuehuehuehuehuehue

huehue

hue

huehuehue

Paula Deen

zankara

Now Could it be that me and He
Are tighter than J-lo in her jeans
And Could it be that me and He
Are tighter than R.Kelly in his teens

Such flawless original lyrics. Your faves could never.

Majmun

Pop superstar Katy Perry has fired back at critics who have derided her music as formulaic and generic.

In an new interview with Billboard magazine, who recently named Perry their Woman of the Year, the "Wide Awake" chanteuse said, "I don't think there's anything wrong with using radio to its full potential. Do you realize how *beep* hard it is to write a hit single? Look at Christina [Aguilera] and Beyonce - they have amazing voices, sure, but they're not on the charts right now."

Source

Now hold the fuck up, Cunty.

Who will remember your name in five or ten years time?

Basically no one...
This is what happens when you're a fabricated mess like yourself.

Xtina's and Beys peak have been higher than yours, so far. And both of them have been in the game for over 10 years. Having a flop album or two is normal when you're in the game for such a long time. Ask Mariah, Britney, and The Hag.

I really CAN'T wait for Perra's next album to flop now. I'm going to pray for it. Having two shitty smash albums in a row doesn't mean a shit. You still have to prove your longevity, Perra.

Bey is coming for your irrelevant wig next year. Another career will end, and this time it will be yours. Be prepared.

-edit-

And forget about looking for support on Rih's side. You will get stabbedT in the back
ibyCfMZY5b9F4t.gif

Majmun

And I still don't get why there was a movie about her. I mean...HEW is she?
But it flopped. Probably because it wasn't produced by Dr.Luke
ahh.gif

Her next era is going to be entertaining
ahh.gif

3phemeral

Her comment is a little off because Beyonce doesn't have anything out, but I don't see how she's wrong. It's basically just an acknowledgement that you don't need to slay vocally to write a hit record. But she gon' eat ha words when King B dominates with Lady G 2013 fo sho'.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
SCREAMING @ people trying to bait icicle into dragging DMJ earlier

[edit]I know that in Criminal Intent Robyn sings'Conspiracy to engage in looting/Indecent dancing events' but I always hear it as 'Conspiracy to engage in looting/Indecent dykes in the vents'.

Trigger

Now hold the fuck up, Cunty.

Who will remember your name in five or ten years time?

Basically no one...
This is what happens when you're a fabricated mess like yourself.

Xtina's and Beys peak have been higher than yours, so far. And both of them have been in the game for over 10 years. Having a flop album or two is normal when you're in the game for such a long time. Ask Mariah, Britney, and The Hag.

I really CAN'T wait for Perra's next album to flop now. I'm going to pray for it. Having two shitty smash albums in a row doesn't mean a shit. You still have to prove your longevity, Perra.

Bey is coming for your irrelevant wig next year. Another career will end, and this time it will be yours. Be prepared.

-edit-

And forget about looking for support on Rih's side. You will get stabbedT in the back

VaNIA.gif

Styles

Rihanna was the most streamed female artist on Spotify in 2012:

The Diamonds singer topped the list for most-streamed female artist of 2012 on Spotify, ahead of both Adele and rapper Nicki Minaj.

Gotye and DJ David Guetta are also among the most-played artists of the past year on the music-streaming site. http://www.metro.co.uk/music/919478...amed-artists-of-2012-on-spotify#ixzz2DiJEqWn3

It looks like the general public don't find her discography to be worth the purchase. I guess they put as much effort into investing her albums as much as Rihanna does into her yearly releases.

iqfgQzTS7JWXP.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
let me start bookmarking some of these post

next year will be hilarious
iUCBqAsYkTrCN.gif

It looks like the general public don't find her discography to be worth the purchase. I guess they put as much effort into investing her albums as much as Rihanna does into her yearly releases.

iqfgQzTS7JWXP.gif

The fact that Die Young has sold more than Diamonds should tell you everything

Doing some speed paintings for practice in PS

Getting those Photoshop skills ready for Madonna's new era, are we

DMeisterJ

Banned

iqfgQzTS7JWXP.gif

You might have a point if Unapologetic didn't go number one, but it did. Granted, she didn't pull Taylor numbers but her sales have only increased over her career.

Bye.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

iqfgQzTS7JWXP.gif

That completely and entirely explains Unapologetic's #1 then, because Rih hasn't put it on Spotify. Sales inflation tactics. Totally shameful practice by her management.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Yes. Shameful that she wanted to sell records versus give them away for free.

What a cunty bitch.

Forcing people to part with their hard earned money to listen to Unapologetic, DURING A RECESSION, when every other artist in the world gives their music away practically for free on Spotify?

tumblr_may0asRPbp1r0bk8io1_500.gif

Totally shameful. She should be stripped of her #1 and it should be given to its rightful owner.

taylor-swift-red-album-400x400.jpg

[edit]It's just occurred to me that Taylor also isn't available on Spotify, so that explains her #1 album too, although it's not quite as shameful for Taylor because she obviously was not as desperate and conniving as Rihanna because Taylor has had several #1 albums before and thus probably doesn't want it so bad. In any case that makes this week's actual #1:

one-direction-take-me-home--400x400.jpg

Congrats to the 1D boys on their second week on the top spot. Their second #1 album, and only a year into their careers. Seething lessers could never.

Koodo

Banned
You might have a point if Unapologetic didn't go number one, but it did. Granted, she didn't pull Taylor numbers but her sales have only increased over her career.

Bye.
No, they haven't. Rihanus has been on a steady decline ever since the Loud era.

Opening numbers mean little when you perform worse in the long run.

io2cR9fgv8JQ6.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Forcing people to part with their hard earned money to listen to Unapologetic, DURING A RECESSION, when every other artist in the world gives their music away practically for free on Spotify?

Totally shameful. She should be stripped of her #1 and it should be given to its rightful owner.

[edit]It's just occurred to me that Taylor also isn't available on Spotify, so that explains her #1 album too. That makes this week's actual #1:

Congrats to the 1D boys on their second week on the top spot. Their second #1 album, and only a year into their careers. Seething lessers could never.

Why is the UK getting snubbed?

Tho Rihanna doesn't have her album on Spotify over here either
Taylor does but she held off from putting it right away but even then she is still selling

And yes, 1D has had it since release date while still managing to sell well

Styles

A projected 70% drop into the 2nd week after a less than average debut for Unapologetic is telling of the general public's desire to purchase her album.

Almost as bad as MDNA's drop. She is truly the Black Madonna.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Why is the UK getting snubbed?

Tho Rihanna doesn't have her album on Spotify over here either
Taylor does but she held off from putting it right away but even then she is still selling

And yes, 1D has had it since release date while still managing to sell well

I dunno. I never really understood the whole 'different availability in different areas' thing. Like you can't watch four year old Gods Aloud videos on Youtube in the US either. Like I'm sure that's helping sales.

Koodo

Banned
A projected 70% drop into the 2nd week after a less than average debut for Unapologetic is telling of the general public's desire to purchase her album.

The true colors of the lessers will be revealed next week. No more deep discounts or a day of excess consumerism to help them thrive.

ibqr0llrbr3kYw.gif

Kyon

Banned
The true colors of the lessers will be revealed next week. No more deep discounts or a day of excess consumerism to help them thrive.

ibqr0llrbr3kYw.gif

How lovely. Another DECLINE.

MEANWHILE on "FLOPS and WASHED UP ROBOT SOUL-LESS HAS-BEENS" as Xtincta Stans put it:

iYlLI3txj0vFM.jpg

Not even a Britney song out peaking all of Cactus EFFORTS or LACK there of. An embarrassment
ibqr0llrbr3kYw.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Its funny how Scream and Shit managed to go #1 with just a 1 minute clip from the X-Factor
... but I thought no one watched that show

While Xtina remains giving out full performances on The Voice but the viewers would rather buy the contestants songs or one that features Adam Levine

sad
imdrYoGlJYJ6O.gif

Majmun

How is Just a Fool actually doing? I thought it was doing well when Lotus dropped.

Scream and Shout is a jam btw

Williamsus and Godney did it again
Big Fat Bass is better tho. Don't think they'll ever top that masterpiece. Nope
ibtySLHvOdI2Jy.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned

tumblr_may0asRPbp1r0bk8io1_500.gif

taylor-swift-red-album-400x400.jpg

[edit]It's just occurred to me that Taylor also isn't available on Spotify, so that explains her #1 album too, although it's not quite as shameful for Taylor because she obviously was not as desperate and conniving as Rihanna because Taylor has had several #1 albums before and thus probably doesn't want it so bad. In any case that makes this week's actual #1:

one-direction-take-me-home--400x400.jpg

No, they haven't. Rihanus has been on a steady decline ever since the Loud era.

Opening numbers mean little when you perform worse in the long run.

io2cR9fgv8JQ6.gif

You're all right. Rihanna is a flop who doesn't sell albums.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
It is also worthy to note that Alicia Off-Keys got a boost from last nights performance climbing to #5 as of now, higher if you combine both versions

some flop show

ibuX1aczMrMb5K.gif

Nemesis_

People say that Xtina isn't likeable but honestly I think that's why none of her music is doing that well. Stupid comments about REAL MUSIC LOVERS and shit don't help her story either.

BREAKING NEWS

ISHANTCHART and some random sang a song recently: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNOtN1ywiK0

Apparently it will be releasing new promo pictures and a track onto iTunes (not the charts section) in December.

royalan

Its funny how Scream and Shit managed to go #1 with just a 1 minute clip from the X-Factor
... but I thought no one watched that show

While Xtina remains giving out full performances on The Voice but the viewers would rather buy the contestants songs or one that features Adam Levine

sad
imdrYoGlJYJ6O.gif

Eh, X Factor appeals more to the demographic that runs out and buys singles on iTunes. That isn't a surprise.

Doesn't take a genius to figure out which will be the most successful single overall, tho. Mark my words.

And I love the Brit stans rallying around a song even they admit is shit just because it's at the top of the charts. Shameful.

Majmun

I'm not sure. Kworb doesn't extend that far down.

ibkTmm85M2QqPM.gif

So it's Just a Flop? I expected it to smash tbh. The song is pretty good.
Oh well.. Can't wait for Royalan's damage control.

And I don't really stan for William. Can't stand The BlackEyePeas. I just think that his collabs with Britney have been flawfree so far. Especially Big Fat Bass.

Best track on Femme Fatale, for sure
ibtySLHvOdI2Jy.gif

royalan

So it's Just a Flop? I expected it to smash tbh. The song is pretty good.
Oh well.. Can't wait for Royalan's damage control.

What damage control? It's still a WEEK away from actually being sent to radio. There's no video. They've only performed it once on The Voice (which helped it jump 40 spots, after it remained in the Top 20 for a week on it's own) and there hasn't been a peep whispered about the song since.

I don't know what kind of performance you guys are expecting at this point. Let the song come out and actually get promoted before labeling it flop.

Christopher

Christophers (Shitty but awesome) latest listens:

It's Time
Imagine Dragons
  • I dunno what it is about this song, I can't stop listening to it. Plus it's good for once to listen to some fun pop music that isn't sung by a female.

Lock Out of Heaven
Bruno Mars
  • I've always been a Bruno Mars fan I think he's style is completely different and unique and has just that something about his voice that's very captivating. I really like this song too.

Diamonds
=(
  • It's so good! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom