• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.
show me one pic of heavy christina that's anywhere near this perfection

ibfOXTnNgEDPoI.gif

I much prefer this Xtina.

TF1uO.jpg

Kyon

Banned
iYlLI3txj0vFM.jpg

Britney #1 in 16 countries BITCHES.

And that's how it's done.

Any CONCERNS should be directed at XSPHINCTA. Your fave is nowhere to be seen on the charts or RADIO. I see why you're upset. This isn't even a BRITNEY single. Get off your asses and start buying copies of Lotus.

BUILD those receipts and make Xtina relevant again. Then we can worry about SHITNEY and her BROKEN SPEARIT

Until then

tumblr_me8dq0YOkv1r8fe7uo1_500.gif

First of all let me get this out of the way because it needs to be said, but review scores are heavily context-based, and people's opinions of songs and albums are severely relative. If a high profile album gets released without much competition from similar-sounding material or artists, it has a chance to get much higher scores than if someone releases a pop album in the midst of 9 or 10 other high profile releases. I don't take Metacritic seriously because of it, though I do enjoy reading reviews because there can be a lot of insightful material in there.

I enjoy reading reviews from you guys way more than anything that gets posted on Metacritic, though.

Secondly, putting Britney concerts on the same plane as Katy Perry or Rihanna concerts is unfair to the latter in my opinion. Katy and Rihanna may be dire performers, but at least they still muster up effort and enough creative direction to try and put on a show. They (and even Ke$ha) work with higher standards than Britney does right now.

But of course you'll never hear a Britney stan acknowledge this or even try to have a real conversation about it. Instead you will always get the bailout:

iYlLI3txj0vFM.jpg

Britney #1 in 16 countries BITCHES.

And that's how it's done.

Any CONCERNS should be directed at XSPHINCTA. Your fave is nowhere to be seen on the charts or RADIO. I see why you're upset. This isn't even a BRITNEY single. Get off your asses and start buying copies of Lotus.

BUILD those receipts and make Xtina relevant again. Then we can worry about SHITNEY and her BROKEN SPEARIT

Until then

tumblr_me8dq0YOkv1r8fe7uo1_500.gif

Bored.

Kyon

Banned
WaiT Ke$ha concert and effort.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Although this year she is slaying live finally. But you REALLY don't know what you're talking about

DEAD @ Rihanna and Katy putting effort. Xtincta Stans doing the MOST.

Katy and RIHANUS slay award shows tho

ik3talg2of7rcamfy4.gif

First of all let me get this out of the way because it needs to be said, but review scores are heavily context-based, and people's opinions of songs and albums are severely relative. If a high profile album gets released without much competition from similar-sounding material or artists, it has a chance to get much higher scores than if someone releases a pop album in the midst of 9 or 10 other high profile releases. I don't take Metacritic seriously because of it, though I do enjoy reading reviews because there can be a lot of insightful material in there.

I enjoy reading reviews from you guys way more than anything that gets posted on Metacritic, though.

Secondly, putting Britney concerts on the same plane as Katy Perry or Rihanna concerts is unfair to the latter in my opinion. Katy and Rihanna may be dire performers, but at least they still muster up effort and enough creative direction to try and put on a show. They (and even Ke$ha) work with higher standards than Britney does right now.

ifchr9LgOW181.gif

moulels

Funny you say this because at that time Broken Spearit had to work like 10X harder to be even compared to the critically acclaimed Best new Artist

but look what has become of her now

burnt-out lifeless mess

she's has been ever since the Spearit Breaker shaved her out of the game

And even in a coma she is far more relevant and successful than heauxtina.

iGTYVt0HCMdq8.gif

WaiT Ke$ha concert and effort.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Although this year she is slaying live finally. But you REALLY don't know what you're talking about

DEAD @ Rihanna and Katy putting effort. Xtincta Stans doing the MOST.

Katy and RIHANUS slay award shows tho

ik3talg2of7rcamfy4.gif

My post wasn't so much an endorsement of Katy or Rihanna's concert quality so much as commentary on how low on the totem pole Britney is. Katy Perry is hardly that dynamic, but she's still multiple times more dynamic than Britney was during the Femme Fatale Tour.

But continue to dodge that point by telling me that she has a disposable radio hit with the most disposable musician in the business. You're only proving my point unfortunately.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I am not responsible for this!

And this isn't shade; this is simply the truth. You guys are arguing using Metacritic.

Merely making the point that Stripped-As-Iconic-Masterpiece is a fantasy that exists only in the mind of poor Xtina stans.

Metacritic scores may or may not be posted with tongue lodged firmly in cheek.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I am reading this Billboard article of Katy Perry and I didn't know she had plans to make her own record label

Mother Perrysa, the savior of Niall, scouring the world to bring us more pop acts. Bless her
ibfwkOGsi8CiyX.gif

Cynosure

And even in a coma she is far more relevant and successful than heauxtina.

your stanbase cares only about her profits which you have 0% share in. you don't seem to care or you try hard to ignore the fact that she's probably the worst popstar there has ever been.

Broken Spearit only thrives on your pity.
and that seems to be fading away with each era because her success is dropping down to "xtincta's" level.

iDyMXD8M0Ylxn.gif

Alright I'm over it now. People have different tastes. At least we all have one thing in common: The rest of GAF thinks we have horrible taste.

Let. Them. SEETHE.

And besides, I do have a Britney album (and two Rihanna albums *gasp*) in my top 40 albums of all time list. There are redeeming qualities and fabulous moments in all of our faves' careers. Let us celebrate!

I am reading this Billboard article of Katy Perry and I didn't know she had plans to make her own record label

Mother Perrysa, the savior of Niall, scouring the world to bring us more pop acts. Bless her
ibfwkOGsi8CiyX.gif

Reading this thread I learn to dislike Katy.

However....whenever that gif is posted I start liking her again....so confused.

royalan

i4B8K0rPfXhnB.png

iglMAH2n6zmO.png

ivgEmmtBRPrgD.png

tumblr_meadao4e631ruwmj0o1_500.gif

Argument definitively settled.

Anyway bye gerls, serving all this tea has put me behind in my studies.

iXzI02wvltGFA.gif

Oh god Godel no. Just no.

Besides the laundry lists if reasons that metacritic is KNOWN to be an unreliable measure of quality, you're trying to compare apples and oranges here.

Just look at the sheer amount of reviewers that have penalized Christina for using autotune or not singing songs "Big Enough" for her talent (all accepted realities of Ms. Spears and rarely get mentioned, much less use to penalize ger) and it becomes undeniable that Xtina's output has always been held to a higher, and even sometimes different standard than Britney.

Britney album reviews read like reviews of the producers she's worked with. Xtina gets reviewed on her producers, vocals, and creative input.

The rubric has just always been different, even if people like to pit them against each other. You might as well be using metacritic to compare Lil Wayne to a damn Michael Buble album.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Oh god Godel no. Just no.

Besides the laundry lists if reasons that metacritic is KNOWN to be an unreliable measure of quality, you're trying to compare apples and oranges here.

Just look at the sheer amount of reviewers that have penalized Christina for using autotune or not singing songs "Big Enough" for her talent (all accepted realities of Ms. Spears and rarely get mentioned, much less use to penalize ger) and it becomes undeniable that Xtina's output has always been held to a higher, and even sometimes different standard than Britney.

Britney album reviews read like reviews of the producers she's worked with. Xtina gets reviewed on her producers, vocals, and creative input.

The rubric has just always been different, even if people like to pit them against each other. You might as well be using metacritic to compare Lil Wayne to a damn Michael Buble album.

You're right, it is like apples and oranges. Appleney is a legend and Orangetina is the queen of flops.

Artemisia

Banned
Taylor makes great music and those reviews are pretty much in line with how I feel about her.

Continue doing the most and paying her dust tho.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I actually think that Taylor is probably really good if that's your kind of thing.

It's a bit like big soulful, Xtina-ballads. They do nothing for me. In fact less than nothing, I think they're shit. But some people love them. I respect that. I respect the fact that they're wrong and have stupid taste and are probably ugly, and I do it by belittling them.

Wait what were we talking about again?

Oh yeah I remember, 1991 EP still slays, listening now. Haters stay pressed.

ib0RiE1vjKBO0L.gif

um why not?

we're talking about albums here, and I would certainly agree that red and speak now are better than any whole album Britney and Xtina have put out.

I disagree but what can you do.

TBH all youth acts (1D....Taylor...etc) get inflated scores on metacritic if they are even half way decent I feel.

waiT...

"The Pepsi spokesperson's fourth LP..."

Will she ever be more than just a living billboard?

i11eJUyuK1jdS.gif

God that gif gets me every time. It's like they're watching her act like a turtle.

Also (I know that Godel posted it as a joke but still) keep in mind that COMPARING Metacritic scores is silly and out of context. A score given to an album relates to how much that reviewer likes that specific album (which is, as I said, context-heavy), not how much better a Taylor Swift album is than a Janelle Monae album. So just in case we were beginning to take those comparisons seriously.... lol

Mumei

I actually think that Taylor is probably really good if that's your kind of thing.

It's a bit like big soulful, Xtina-ballads. They do nothing for me. In fact less than nothing, I think they're shit. But some people love them. I respect that. I respect the fact that they're wrong and have stupid taste and are probably ugly, and I do it by belittling them.

Wait what were we talking about again?

I think Christina has more variety in her discography than "big soulful ballads."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom