• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I'm not judging. I've been playing "Triumphant (Get 'Em)" since I played it in the DJ room for The Emancipation of Mumei.

tumblr_m4kbizN4HA1qcor6q.png
Sweet Nothing is great train journey music apparently.

NEW PAGE NEW NEWS

Wig sales are up 400% because your faves have to buy them to replace the ones that THE ALMIGHTY ALOUD have snatched this week.

Maybe if Glassheart flops hard enough, Syco will terminate its five-album contract with Leona and she can go to a label that will actually promote her.

ibkozH0ElIzTKs.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
http://www.muumuse.com/2012/10/girl...-tour-life-officially-worth-living-again.html

MuuMuse continues his LIFE GIVING stanning for Gods Aloud.

HARK! THE ALOUD ANGELS SING.

Today, as with every day, we bow down and give thanks to our five almighty makers of song: Nadine, Nicola, Kimberley, Sarah and Cheryl–known collectively as Girls Aloud, for providing us with 10 solid years of killer tunes, flaw-free visuals, sky-high stilettos and bum notes aplenty.

Yet today is unlike every day. Nay, something far more ooooh has occurred.

Today, the Almighty Aloud regrouped for the first time since late 2009 to announce a slew of happenings for the next few months in honor of 10 Years of the Almighty Aloud’s reign.

Take a deep breath underwater and keep control of the knife, because here we go…

The Aloud in 2012. Reunited. Baby, this is real life.

The girls got together in London today to announce the release of Ten, their latest greatest hits package featuring not one, not two, but FOUR new songs: “Something New,” “On The Metro,” “Beautiful Cause You Love Me,” and “Every Now And Then.”

Above is the full press conference, in which the Aloud field questions from journalists and fans alike, and generally remain quite Aloud-y and perfect.

The new hits album will be released as a single CD, a Deluxe 2CD, or–as I’ve already opted to pre-order–the Excluusive limited edition box set, which includes art prints, The Passions of Girls Aloud on DVD (!), and a golden ticket to win one of ten prizes.

And frankly, every prize sounds like the ultimate must-have item. Um, a glittery stiletto once worn on Queen Nuhdeen’s blessed Irish foot? A phone call from Nicola whilst she prances around her apartment in Comme des Garcons, dancing to the beat of her drum? A FOLLOW FROM THE @GIRLSALOUD HANDLE?! No one is worthy.

+ A triple platinum personalised Out Of Control presentation disc
+ A pair of shoes worn by one of the girls in the Something New video
+ A signed, personalised art print of the album sleeve for Ten
+ A phone call from one of the girls
+ @GirlsAloud will follow you on Twitter
+ Tickets plus a meet and greet with the girls at a forthcoming tour date of your choice
+ A piece of clothing from the Girls Aloud archive
+ The complete Girls Aloud back catalogue, signed
+ A signed, personalised and framed photo of the girls
+ A triple platinum personalised Sound Of The Underground presentation disc

But that’s far from all: Along with the iconic prizes, the girls are allowing us lessers to decide on the second disc of the album. After selecting their own favorites, the Aloud are asking fans to vote now on their 10 favorite songs to include on the companion disc–B-sides, live performances, anything–and the best of the best will make the album. A winning song will be announced day by day, beginning on Monday.

Just let it be known now: Every Aloud song is a blessing of course, but “Memory Of You” and “Graffiti My Soul” better get thrown into the mix, or there’s going to be blackjacks running down someone’s back in a hot second. (From the looks of the leaderboard, I’m not worried.)

Above is the single art for “Something New,” which will be released on November 18 as the official Children In Need single. And if you look closely, you’ll notice that it is, in fact, perfection.

Also, the gayrls are going on TURR! That’s right: The ladies will officially be traveling across the UK on a tour to support Ten beginning in February through March. Check the tour dates for that now, as pre-orders begin on Wednesday, October 24. (I’m already booking my flight.)

And finally–as if we could handle more–there’s the video for “Something New.” That’s right: GIRLS ON FILM.

We don’t need to say that the Ray Kay-directed video is flawless…

Or that Kimba’s assets just brought the entire population of the United Kingdom down to its knees…

Or that baby Nicola’s twerking just caused Beyonce to call an emergency meeting with Jonte…

Or that Sarah just snatched the wig right off of Katniss, the Girl Who Was On Fire…

Or that Cheryl’s jiggling just rendered The Saturdays irrelevant…

Or that Nuhdeen’s homicidal gaze–her best work since “Unsayshuhbull”–could startle Little Mix into retirement…

…but now we said it (aloud.)

A perfect campaign has officially begun.

LONG LIVE THE ALMIGHTY ALOUD.

Didn't you say you would quit POP-GAF if Glassheart didn't get #1 or something like that?

:conniving:
To quote myself from two months ago:

Leona Lewis said:
If POP-GAF consensus shows Glassheart to be a critical failure, and if reality proves it to be a commercial failure, I will never enter this thread again. And I don't mean "inthezone"-style vacation therapy, I mean forever.

Not happening, though. I have seen and heard the truth. And it is IMMENSE and BEAUTIFUL

i85KouPvBPbZj.gif
The album hasn't yet been released worldwide, so there's still hope for an emergency shift in strategy for the US and Asian markets.

And the album's been universally praised both here and elsewhere, so even a Smelly Turdato-style sales faceplant would only satisfy one of my two criteria.

I am safe...for now.

ibcQ0TpSJP09fz.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
To quote myself from two months ago:

The album hasn't yet been released worldwide, so there's still hope for an emergency shift in strategy for the US and Asian markets.

And the album's been universally praised both here and elsewhere, so even a Smelly Turdato-style sales faceplant would only satisfy one of my two criteria.

I am safe...for now.

ibcQ0TpSJP09fz.gif

Good. I don't want any of POP-GAF quitting, tbh.

Majmun

Xtina to become the face of a dating site for "big" people?

Christina Aguilera's Rubenesque physique could pay off in a huuuuge way -- TMZ has learned she's been offered $3 MILLION to be the face of a dating website for "big and beautiful" women.

The person behind the offer is former "America's Next Top Model" winner Whitney Thompson -- the first plus-size model to even win the show.

Whitney now runs TheBigandTheBeautiful.com -- and fired off a letter to Aguilera, saying she's extremely interested locking down Christina as the spokesperson for the website, which is "specifically designed for women with curves."

As part of the deal, Aguilera would agree to at least one TV commercial, one radio commercial, two photo shoots, and four public appearances. She also wants Christina to sing a jingle for the website.

Christina has previously said she's proud of her new "curves," but it's unclear yet if she's too proud to take the money.

LINK

Will Xtina do this?

ibvNmWiIPkVAbZ.gif

Mau ®

Leona, RIHmember when you cursed me off for saying Trouble was flopping on radio and would most likely flop/underperform when it was all said and done?

I want a formal apology.

Yg9dP.gif

Wes

venison crêpe
That new Girls Aloud track isn't half bad you know. Why do they give Sarah the one strange lyrical section?

Team Nadine for life.

Leona, RIHmember when you cursed me off for saying Trouble was flopping on radio and would most likely flop/underperform when it was all said and done?

I want a formal apology.

Yg9dP.gif
Any acknowledgement of offenses rendered to innocent parties will be broadcast according to my own schedule, sis

ibrZwa42vmLFPm.gif

royalan

You know, sometimes I wish Ke$ha would make the type of music she claims she has roots in, because everything about her reminds me of Janis Joplin......Well, minus Janis' superb vocal talent and musicianship.

botty

Banned
UGH, Whitney is fucking VILE, an attention whore and trashes any woman who isn't her size.

I'm still bitter about her winning ANTM. Go away Whitney. She tried to get Adele to endorse her site before, too.

She must have a knack for picking legends of a certain size.

ibrZwa42vmLFPm.gif

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I dunno. Chubby Xtina seems like she'd be a good time.

I never liked the weird hair colours on Christina. They remind me of those barbie toys that you can change the hair colour by dipping it cold water. Just looks cheap and plastic.

Trigger

Ew. isn't Scream and Shout a Shit.I.Am song? Not sure if even Godney can convince me to listen to more of his work.

1. The hair is disgusting.

2. She ain't steppin on nobody's career, nobody be bothered by Your Flopping falling on radio and being way down on the iTunes charts.

VSY8A.gif

What kind of dragging?

Kyon

Banned
RECEIPTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

LQ

Meh. Can't judge so far. I love the it's Britney Bitch part tho. Which we knew about from the Video rumor.... Wait... If they already know about the Its Britney Bitch thing then that means this could mean Danceney's return might be real

irvZ45fSKJbzh.gif

OMG what kind of low quality? Did the leaker hide the microphone in her vagina?

ibq9GFrExTZHt5.gif

Anyways, I think I heard Will.I.Am say something- so that's already more Will.I.Am than anyone asked for.

xaosslug

1. The hair is disgusting.

2. She ain't steppin on nobody's career, nobody be bothered by Your Flopping falling on radio and being way down on the iTunes charts.

well... she took out Simon, Demi, Britney, The (un)Wanted, and LA just sitting in a chair and spinning around...
io3IVKfLR0KJ6.gif

iYP2Pw8AoZy8s.gif

Bladenic

well... she took out Simon, Demi, Britney, The (un)Wanted, and LA just sitting in a chair and spinning around...
io3IVKfLR0KJ6.gif

iYP2Pw8AoZy8s.gif

Obviously I am referrin to the music careers.

In the reality competition part, yeah she's slaying. Though I wouldn't attribute The Voice's success to her alone, especially with Adam Levine on there.

Koodo

Banned
The Lotus Seeds now live and die by Nielsen data. Xtincta has truly become an unparalleled failure in music.

CqoUI.png

What ever will they do in 2013 without The Noise.

CqoUI.png
CqoUI.png
CqoUI.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom