• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cynosure

p2Tj1.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
Then you won't be remembered in years time and ppl will move on to the next trends follower.

Depends. If you have a small brain and can only remember 5 or 10 people then yes, they need to be iconic, but if you have a love and passion for listening to music, you'll remember a ton of artists and all of their songs. They don't need to be 'iconic' in order to be remembered. A lot of people who aren't iconic are easily memorable.

Bladenic

Depends. If you have a small brain and can only remember 5 or 10 people then yes, they need to be iconic, but if you have a love and passion for listening to music, you'll remember a ton of artists and all of their songs. They don't need to be 'iconic' in order to be remembered. A lot of people who aren't iconic are easily memorable.

Yeah, I mean, don't people here always bring up some long forgotten acts that nobody remembers or even knew when they were a thing? But people here remember them because they liked their music :3

Aguila

#ICONIC
Rihanna is a savvy business woman. She obviously knows how to work the industry as evidenced by her current and past slayage
with singles

I'm sure she'll continue to pump out awesome pop music for a while longer.

iheartrihannaslayingbm0ptg.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Loud is definitely her best alberm imo. Plus the album art is just ICONIC. One of the best for a long time.

[edit]Y'all gonna get yelled at for Mummei for spamming that gif, just you see...

Bladenic

Loud is definitely her best alberm imo. Plus the album art is just ICONIC. One of the best for a long time.

[edit]Y'all gonna get yelled at for Mumei for spamming that gif, just you see...

Indeed, how many copied that album art? Taylor's Red is most certainly insipired by Loud.

DMeisterJ

Banned
The Loud era was her magnum opus. It was everything an era should be, and it's a shame it was truncated to make room for TTT, when it should have been handled like GGGB/GGGB:Reloaded and brought us an additional few #1 singles.

xhbRl.gif
xhbRl.gif
xhbRl.gif

That red hair is iconic and everything.

The Loud era was her magnum opus. It was everything an era should be, and it's a shame it was truncated to make room for TTT, when it should have been handled like GGGB/GGGB:Reloaded and brought us an additional few #1 singles.

xhbRl.gif
xhbRl.gif
xhbRl.gif

That red hair is iconic and everything.

That hair was amazing. Not sure if anyone could pull off that color the way she did......

3phemeral

Just watched the non-dubbed cellphone footage of All I Want for Xmas and can it be? Celestial Being Messiah Godrey nursing the True Voice back to health? What kind of flawlessness? Who would have thought that judging a talent show would influence you to inspire a new generation of singers and bring the emphasis of vocals back to pop music?

VRMm1.gif

cory64

Rihanna had 3 #1s in 2010
Katy had 3 #1s in 2010
Rihanna had 2 #1s in 2011
Katy had 2 #1s in 2011
Rihanna had 1 #1 in 2012
Katy had 1 #1 in 2012

they're twins!

botty

Banned
Just watched the non-dubbed cellphone footageof All I Want for Xmas and can it be? Celestial Being Messiah Godrey nursing the True Voice back to health? What kind of flawlessness? Who would have thought that judging a talent show would influence you to inspire a new generation of singers and bring the emphasis of vocals back to pop music?

VRMm1.gif

A lot of the lambs were saying that her voice is "back" based on that performance. I'm guessing all the whispering was part of the recovery... so I am hoping her next album will slay.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Rihanna had 3 #1s in 2010
Katy had 3 #1s in 2010
Rihanna had 2 #1s in 2011
Katy had 2 #1s in 2011
Rihanna had 1 #1 in 2012
Katy had 1 #1 in 2012

they're twins!

If we're looking at patterns, Rih had:

1 #1 from A girl Like Me
3 #1s from Good Girl Gone Bad
1 #1 from Raded R
3 #1s from Loud
1 #1 from Talk That Talk

So it looks like there are 2 more #1s coming from #UNAPOLOGETIC

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Katy Perry is more deserving of praise than Rihanna.
She delivers #1 hits without any trashy controversy(aside from the divorce) or gimmicks with almost half the discography.

She keeps it fun and simple, the true definition of a popstar

ibfwkOGsi8CiyX.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
She delivers #1 hits without any trashy controversy(aside from the divorce) or gimmicks with almost half the discography.

She keeps it fun and simple, true definition of a popstar

ibfwkOGsi8CiyX.gif

They're both deserving of praise. They can both get #1s pretty effortlessly.

3phemeral

A lot of the lambs were saying that her voice is "back" based on that performance. I'm guessing all the whispering was part of the recovery... so I am hoping her next album will slay.

One can hope, but I'm expecting to be slayed
by album vocals only
again. It's sort of a tradition now to have something like this (xmas @ Disney, Vision of Love @ BET) as standouts only to watch the downfall. But this has been better, by far, than all of her recent performances.

botty

Banned

ibfwkOGsi8CiyX.gif

1/4 the discography.

z63MU.gif

royalan

ibfwkOGsi8CiyX.gif

Ummm that's a pretty big aside.

Kunty Perry milked the shit out of her marriage/divorce.

botty

Banned
One can hope, but I'm expecting to be slayed
by album vocals only
again. It's sort of a tradition now to have something like this (xmas @ Disney, Vision of Love @ BET) as standouts only to watch the downfall. But this has been better, by far, than all of her recent performances.

Have you seen her Morocco concert? I think she has been recovering ever since those shows, and it really paid off.

3phemeral

Have you seen her Morocco concert? I think she has been recovering ever since those shows, and it really paid off.
I had it queued on my youtube (the whole concert) but by the time I got to it, the user was deleted. I didn't bother to go scouting for another link but since I have some downtime in a little bit, Gewhewsha will have to wait!

[edit] Already lippin' the intro with mic tucked into her neck, hair covering her face, shoulders scrunched forward and body turned away from the audience. I'm hoping the next few songs aren't as obviously mim
i
ed.

DMeisterJ

Banned
1.8 million vs 5.5 million (not sure how much CC sold...can't be THAT much though).

Thats a fairly substantial gap.

US Sales versus WW sales. Great comparison there.

I understand you don't really like Rih, but if you're going to drag her, get your facts in order before hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom