• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyon

Banned
#IMPACT

iDF5GTx0bUWoo.gif

Artemisia

Banned
I'm still shocked that Wide Awake slayed. I thought the GP would never be here for a stripped down Katy song that isn't a bop.

Mother Perrysa continues to wow the world.

iE5I7AG0lQm7W.gif

Trigger

I'm still shocked that Wide Awake slayed. I thought the GP would never be here for a stripped down Katy song that isn't a bop.

Mother Perrysa continues to wow the world.

The Teenage Dream era was just immaculate. Lots of feel good pop. My last physical CD purchase was One of the Boys (before I ever joined POP-GAF). I'm happy that Mother Perrysa has grown so much from then.

ibfwkOGsi8CiyX.gif

Artemisia

Banned
It's probably RIHcon

And play instruments and don't use COMPUTER SOFTWARE to make REAL TUNES.
iSUbn0HdnRjBn.gif

I remember reading a post on Gaf where someone thought that the producers of pop music use a program that makes the beat by itself.

I mean... the DELUSION.

iX7AUHJWq8PST.gif

A lot of people are completely unaware of how much of a mess electronic music can be in the wrong hands.

Bladenic

The Teenage Dream era was just immaculate. Lots of feel good pop. My last physical CD purchase was One of the Boys (before I ever joined POP-GAF). I'm happy that Mother Perrysa has grown so much from then.

ibfwkOGsi8CiyX.gif

I stanned SO HARD for California Gurls. I remember I always used to honk my Jeep's horn when she drops the "we frick in my Jeep" lyric with a honk in the background. Only the Holy Perry.

2010 was the best year for feel good pop jams. Tik Tok, California Gurls, I miss it.

tzntears.gif

ibfwkOGsi8CiyX.gif

Aside from E.T. every single she released this Era just SLAYED me. I can't explain it.....on first listen none were amazing....but they just grew on me so much.

tumblr_me3l9nHCkJ1rijmvyo1_500.gif

Bladenic

Why does the sun rise in the east? Why does Rihanna release an album every year? Why isn't M.I.A. allowed in the US?

There's just a natural order to the world that I choose to follow.

Teehee, you're right. Besides all the girls you stan for are leagues ahead of Katy so all is right with the world.

Mumei

Now none of you go stalking him around on GAF and acting cute.

Just watched the non-dubbed cellphone footage of All I Want for Xmas and can it be? Celestial Being Messiah Godrey nursing the True Voice back to health? What kind of flawlessness? Who would have thought that judging a talent show would influence you to inspire a new generation of singers and bring the emphasis of vocals back to pop music?

She did sound really solid in her mid-range. I think that her voice has just really changed; her most comfortable range in chest voice seems to be around C3 - D5 nowadays (whereas at her prime it was more like (Eb3 - G5). You can hear her still struggling a bit when she goes for the high notes in All I Want For Christmas Is You - anything above, like, Eb5 is a bit strained or scratchy.

She's still had good notes up there this year, but there is obviously a reason she lips or prerecords vocals up there - she is not sure it'll be there when she goes for it anymore.

3phemeral

Now none of you go stalking him around on GAF and acting cute.

She did sound really solid in her mid-range. I think that her voice has just really changed; her most comfortable range in chest voice seems to be around C3 - D5 nowadays (whereas at her prime it was more like (Eb3 - G5). You can hear her still struggling a bit when she goes for the high notes in All I Want For Christmas Is You - anything above, like, Eb5 is a bit strained or scratchy.

She's still had good notes up there this year, but there is obviously a reason she lips or prerecords vocals up there - she is not sure it'll be there when she goes for it anymore.

That's what surprised me the most. Her mid-range has been dodgy these past few years, so when she sounded like she actually had supported notes and didn't suffer from "this is obviously the limit of my range today," I was really surprised.

I'm going through that concert video and botty is right, it's not completely great, but she has some solid belts in there. Lot of shameless album lipping for a lot of the classic songs. I'm semi-excited to see what she's going to sound like if ever she performs on Idol. I'm hoping this is truly an indication of some improvement, though, like you mentioned a while back, it's clear she's always had fragile cords.

Mumei

That's what surprised me the most. Her mid-range has been dodgy these past few years, so when she sounded like she actually had supported notes and didn't suffer from "this is obviously the limit of my range today," I was really surprised.

I'm going through that concert video and botty is right, it's not completely great, but she has some solid belts in there. Lot of shameless album lipping for a lot of the classic songs. I'm semi-excited to see what she's going to sound like if ever she performs on Idol. I'm hoping this is truly an indication of some improvement, though, like you mentioned a while back, it's clear she's always had fragile cords.

... Have you heard this performance? And this was the same night as that dreadful Triumphant performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom