• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

3phemeral

Just stan.
I heard a snippet of something Cyno mentioned and didn't take to it. I'll try giving her another shot when I have some time.

So I step away from POP-GAF for a day and now suddenly everybody's talking about a Gogooshoosha. I don't know what that is but I'll make sure to provide an over-the-top, unmitigated eye roll at every mention.

Sounds like some voodoo shit

tumblr_md3jvb1F941rg2x2no1_500.gif

She did NAWT just carelessly knock Jesususbee's portrait off the wall.

I hear that boiling is a process which excites the molecules, thereby increasing movement and temperature.

I guess if we were to BOIL this thread it would move quicker.

:3

STAN

Be like Mary and get percolatin'.

xnpdU.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
SO IM STANDING HERE LOCKED TO YOUUUUUUU
I REALIZE THAT I NEEEEEEEEED YOU NOWWWWWW
TO MAKE MY HEART BEAT FAST

YOURE THEEE ONLYYY OOOOOOOOOONE

AND IM SO SORRY IM SUCH A FOOOOOOOOOL
BABY I KNOW THAT I NEEEEEEEED YOU NOWWWWW

YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE

WHO MAKES MY HEART BEAT

FASTERFASTERFASTERFASTERFASTER

iMuoPl88XIx7.gif

YOU MAKE MY HEART BEAT

ibpunZBsdqWQRT.gif

BABY YOU MAKE MY HEART BEAT

iZnO3tfwmiJPk.gif

YOU MAKE MY HEART BEAT

iCpIC5lO1pvJT.gif

YAS stan the Sats sis

[edit]Listening to True for the first time.

Touchdown

Banned
tumblr_me9ilernqp1qd8zg3o3_r1_500.gif

December shall be the month of Christmas Godriah. Your faves shall be hung by the chimney with care.

Mariah Carey's 1994 classic "All I Want for Christmas Is You" tops the inaugural chart this season. (The carol led the list for four of the five weeks in which the tally was tabulated a year ago.) "Christmas" logged 20 million in radio audience in the current chart's tracking week, ranking at No. 6 on the Holiday Airplay ranking. It rules the Holiday Digital Songs chart with 27,000 downloads sold (up 112%).

While the overall chart points for "Christmas" leave it shy of the Hot 100's top 50 this week, should the song accrue enough points in upcoming weeks to rank in the Hot 100's upper half, it, or any holiday title regardless of age that reaches such a points level, would be eligible to rank on the Hot 100. Hot 100 rules were adjusted at the beginning of the 2012 chart year to include all titles regardless of age should they rank in the top 50; tracks by Whitney Houston benefitted from the adjustment following her February passing, with, most noticeably, her 1992-93 Hot 100 No. 1 "I Will Always Love You" returning and soaring to No. 3 in March.
Billboard Chart Beat

tumblr_me9ilernqp1qd8zg3o2_500.gif

Kyon

Banned
Happy Birthday Godney!!

happy_birthday_britney-spears-2.gif

Slaying bitches dead for 31 years and still going.

Here's a present from your Army enjoy!

tumblr_me97spS7BU1qbvjf9o1_500.gif

Artemisia

Banned
but the question remains

"What would music today sound like if these kids didn't exist?"

I believe its worth discussing and I'm sure PopGaf can provide the answer

ix2WzUWeG5Oz6.gif

It would certainly sound a bit better on the whole that's for sure.

ix2WzUWeG5Oz6.gif

The same?

ix2WzUWeG5Oz6.gif

Is Rihanna really that influential as an artist? I've always seen Rih as someone who kept up with trends, but was not necessarily a trendsetter.

I agree 100%. Rihanna has never led the pack in any aspect. She will not be remembered as much as her peers.

ix2WzUWeG5Oz6.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
The same?

ix2WzUWeG5Oz6.gif

Is Rihanna really that influential as an artist? I've always seen Rih as someone who kept up with trends, but was not necessarily a trendsetter.

An interesting observation by Trigger

It is true Rihanna has had no influence on anything during her 7 years span

ibue0aQqQpniYh.gif

Majmun

They looks like two homeless people...

...that make great music together

Let's sing it to the world
Baby give me time
I'mma be your girl
I wanna make you mine
And it ain't nobody's business
It ain't nobody's business
Just mine, and my baby

iSp96pDbcF1Gl.gif

Kyon

Banned
^^ it just looks like she was just waking up

The same?

ix2WzUWeG5Oz6.gif

This is the PERFECT description of The Forehead.

ix2WzUWeG5Oz6.gif

It's why ppl say none of her songs are iconic besides maybe umbrella.

She hasn't made any real impact.

Trigger

They looks like two homeless people...

...that make great music together

Let's sing it to the world
Baby give me time
I'mma be your girl
I wanna make you mine
And it ain't nobody's business
Just mine, and my baby

Why can't I stop bopping to this?!
r4CiE.png

Happy Birthday Godney!!

happy_birthday_britney-spears-2.gif

Slaying bitches dead for 31 years and still going.

Here's a present from your Army enjoy!

I see no lies.
civf1.gif

Majmun

Rihanna is the most liked person on Facebook

#impact
iSp96pDbcF1Gl.gif

And happy B-Day Britney. Slaying with Scream&Shout is a great present.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I agRIH that Rih hasn't had much of an influence on music as a whole. As a #NAVY member I'm totally unbothered by that statement. Should she actually try she could, but she doesn't. And I'm okay with that. She can release a never-ending amount of certified BOPS and I'll continue to stan for her until the minute she decides to no longer do so.

idk what I would have been bopping to for the last 5 years if it wasn't for her tho. A life without "What's my Name?" Or "Umbrella" or "We Found Love" or "Diamonds" or (gag) "Nobody's Business" would not be a life that I would be happy in. So she doesn't have any impact. I don't care. She's unapologetic for her lack of impact as am I

bye

iheartrihannaslayingbm0ptg.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
MINI REVIEW

True is a promising and sometimes quite EXCELLENT EP. If she can maintain this standard for her upcoming album then it could be very very special.

Highlights: Losing You, Locked in Closets.

Kyon

Banned
I agRIH that Rih hasn't had much of an influence on music as a whole. As a #NAVY member I'm totally unbothered by that statement. Should she actually try she could, but she doesn't. And I'm okay with that. She can release a never-ending amount of certified BOPS and I'll continue to stan for her until the minute she decides to no longer do so.

idk what I would have been bopping to for the last 5 years if it wasn't for her tho. A life without "What's my Name?" Or "Umbrella" or "We Found Love" or "Diamonds" or (gag) "Nobody's Business" would not be a life that I would be happy in. So she doesn't have any impact. I don't care. She's unapologetic for her lack of impact as am I

bye

I agree. She may not have made an impact in the biz as a whole but with her Navy she did.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Rihanna's Umbrella inspired a J. K. Rowling book. When will your faves inspire the most famous author of our generation?

iOen3ezu95cEi.gif

Bladenic

She has sold almost 90mln records tho. Can't do that without any impact
io2cR9fgv8JQ6.gif

Um what, she is nowhere near that number. Unless you are counting single sales, then maybe.

Anyway, LTTP. but Shania looks so pretty for her age. Any reviews for the show? I hope she slayed.

Um what, she is nowhere near that number. Unless you are counting single sales, then maybe.

Anyway, LTTP. but Shania looks so pretty for her age. Any reviews for the show? I hope she slayed.

"Records sales" generally means albums + singles.

Its kind of confusing in this day and age....especially with "singles artists" who run up the score with digital tracks. (as opposed to say Adele who sold 25 million albums yet is probably way behind in total "records")

That said. As much as I don't have much patience for Rihrih most of the time. I do believe she has had an impact on the industry. Whether it was for the better or worse.....is up for debate.

Kyon

Banned

Records are singles and albums together FYI.

And I'm going to the march date. Had to change at the last minute cause I have plans for Christmas holiday now

Trigger

To be fair, there's nothing wrong with just having a good career. Not every pop star needs to be ICONIC.

Rihanna's Umbrella inspired a J. K. Rowling book. When will your faves inspire the most famous author of our generation?

lol, I forgot about that.

Well I guess she did have impact somewhere.
bhuHH.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom