• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koodo

Banned
Do I detect a bit of dissent?

ibk4EFYkBjgPwQ.gif

Nemesis_

Ricky Martin is joining his fellow Latino colleagues Jennifer Lopez, Christina Aguilera and Shakira as he will now be a judge on the second season of “The Voice”– in Australia.

The Hollywood Reporter says that Martin will be replacing country music singer Keith Urban, who left the show to be a judge on the upcoming season of “American Idol” along with Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj and Randy Jackson.

The “Evita” Broadway star joins fellow judges and singers Seal, Joel Madden and Delta Goodrem.

I am really, really surprised that the producers didn't try to gun for P!NK on The Voice AU.

Styles

Because he sucks

I see what you did there.

But yes St!nk would have been a fine choice. However, seeing as how she turned down American Idol nothing could have persuaded her to join a lesser singing show like The Voice AU.

Koodo

Banned
I can only imagine how much the ratings for The Noise AU would have skyrocketed if P!nk had joined the panel.

EatChildren would not miss an episode.

So I step away from POP-GAF for a day and now suddenly everybody's talking about a Gogooshoosha. I don't know what that is but I'll make sure to provide an over-the-top, unmitigated eye roll at every mention.

Sounds like some voodoo shit

tumblr_md3jvb1F941rg2x2no1_500.gif

Bladenic

So I step away from POP-GAF for a day and now suddenly everybody's talking about a Gogooshoosha. I don't know what that is but I'll make sure to provide an over-the-top, unmitigated eye roll at every mention.

They have all been brainwashed and are terrified of the impending takeover of the world by the Goosh.
As should you. Bow down to the queen or fry in her pits.

Nemesis_

Let the High Bishop of Church, Koohore Wright Googoosha educate you on the mantra of the church of Gulnara.

...One who was born in beauty
Has shining face of happiness to contemplate
And his infinite universe of twinkling
facets will be really great...

iLCH5DHmKkoro.gif

bR12W.png
bR12W.png
bR12W.png

Wow this thread has taken a turn for the worse.......shameful title.

I expected better.
i7ujGzU1OzLbr.gif

Also, so many lessors trolling Kellegend after Crumpet and I have hit the sack.....pathetic to say the least. Cowards!

Nemesis_

Wow this thread has taken a turn for the worse.......shameful title.

I expected better.
i7ujGzU1OzLbr.gif

Also, so many lessors trolling Kellegend after Crumpet and I have hit the sack.....pathetic to say the least. Cowards!

Suffice to say that nobody cares enough about the Kelly stans to keep schedules of when they are asleep. Though given the reception to Dark Side one must assume they were all asleep for the whole season.

moYOp.gif

Suffice to say that nobody cares enough about the Kelly stans to keep schedules of when they are asleep

It all worked out in the end.

Funny how the most talented artist discussed in this thread is the one that gets dragged for looks (almost always from pics that are years old).

How threatened must you all be? Stay pressed while she stays fabulous!

8l6d0.gif

TOP 20
1. MAROON 5 – One More Night: 175.158 (- 0.739)
2. RIHANNA - Diamonds: 175.127 (+ 3.215)
3. BRUNO MARS - Locked Out Of Heaven: 160.629 (+ 3.965) ▲
4. KE$HA - Die Young: 159.656 (+ 2.127) ▼
5. NE-YO - Let Me Love You: 142.033 (+ 0.449)
6. FUN. – Some Nights: 130.231 (- 1.733)
7. ALEX CLARE – Too Close: 109.310 (- 3.129)
8. FLO RIDA - I Cry: 104.991 (+ 2.025)
9. LUMINEERS - Ho Hey: 97.999 (+ 1.878)
10. MIGUEL - Adorn: 95.510 (+ 0.067)
11. PHILLIP PHILLIPS – Home: 93.901 (- 0.106)
12. CHRIS BROWN – Don’t Wake Me Up: 89.933 (- 1.605)
13. TAYLOR SWIFT – We Are Never Ever Getting…: 79.212 (- 3.903)
14. PINK – Blow Me (One Last Kiss): 76.002 (- 0.581) ▲
15. JUSTIN BIEBER – As Long As You Love Me: 75.829 (- 1.280) ▼
16. ED SHEERAN - The A Team: 71.251 (+ 0.610)
17. NICKI MINAJ - Va Va Voom: 67.515 (+ 0.292)
18. JUSTIN BIEBER - Beauty And A Beat f/N. Minaj: 66.848 (+ 2.070) ▲
19. FLORIDA-GEORGIA LINE - Cruise: 66.818 (+ 0.588) ▼
20. KANYE WEST - Clique f/Big Sean & JAY-Z: 63.376 (+ 0.034)

OUTRAS
JAKE OWEN - The One That Got Away: 60.095 (- 1.038)
PINK - Try: 58.512 (+ 2.868)
JUSTIN MOORE - 'Til My Last Day: 57.898 (+ 0.211)
KENDRICK LAMAR - Swimming Pools (Drank): 57.509 (+ 0.640)
ONEREPUBLIC – Feel Again: 49.583 (+ 0.720)
ALICIA KEYS - Girl On Fire: 49.252 (+ 0.269)
TAYLOR SWIFT - Begin Again: 36.506 (+ 0.303)
KELLY CLARKSON - Catch My Breath: 34.129 (+ 1.208)
MARIAH CAREY - All I Want For Christmas Is...: 33.984 (+ 0.390)

MUMFORD & SONS – I Will Wait: 31.036 (+ 0.422)
THE BAND PERRY - Better Dig Two: 30.781 (+ 1.188)
THE SCRIPT - Hall Of Fame f/will.i.am: 30.579 (+ 0.396)
TAYLOR SWIFT - I Knew You Were Trouble: 23.675 (+ 3.573)
CALVIN HARRIS - Sweet Nothing f/Florence Welch: 23.601 (+ 1.699)
MUSE – Madness: 19.424 (+ 0.153)
ONE DIRECTION - Little Things: 13.148 (+ 0.709)
MAROON 5 - Daylight: 12.408 (+ 1.373)
CARRIE UNDERWOOD - Two Black Cadillacs: 10.303 (+ 1.398)
WILL.I.AM & BRITNEY SPEARS - Scream And Shout: 9.694 (+ 1.302)

Curiosidades:
50 CENT - My Life f/Eminem & Adam Levine: 3.516 (+ 0.556)
KILLERS - Miss Atomic Bomb: 2.024 (+ 0.159)
C. AGUILERA & B. SHELTON - Just A Fool: 1.345 (+ 0.080)

Big updates all around today.

Rihrih and Bruno exploding up at the top of the charts. Diamonds will be #1 tomorrow. ke$ha just cannot keep up. Kelly having a good update as well.

Mariah seems to be stalling out a bit. She has a negative update yesterday and only a tiny one today. Odd considering its the first days of December.

Styles

13. TAYLOR SWIFT – We Are Never Ever Getting…: 79.212 (- 3.903)
- Don't drop tew fast. BMR is probably hoping if it drops enough Cuntry radio will play Begin Again because the damn song has been number 1 on the Cuntry chart for 8 consecutive weeks due to Billboards incessant need to change the chart formla. Adding digital sales and streaming to the chart is all well and good, I am fine with that that, but what I am not fine with is instead of adding only Cuntry airplay to the equation they decide to include the OVERALL airplay(from all charts) to the fucking formula. This makes it even less accurate than the previous chart(which only counted airplay). MESS.
ed2305b7.png

TAYLOR SWIFT - Begin Again: 36.506 (+ 0.303)
- WANEGBT just killed this song. Poor ha, Begin Again deserved so much more. Fucking Cuntry stations.
ed2305b7.png

TAYLOR SWIFT - I Knew You Were Trouble: 23.675 (+ 3.573)
- This will peak before it even gets to 50m AI because radio will have overplayed the damn song.
ed2305b7.png

The longevity for ha songs are abysmal. A DAMN TRAGEDY, AND A MESS.
ed2305b7.png

Nemesis_

November 29, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A homeless man has been charged in a violent stabbing at the East Chicago South Shore train station.

Prosecutors say Jawaun Dontell Woods of Gary is still at large and is considered armed and dangerous.

On Monday, Woods allegedly attacked a man who was waiting for his wife to get off a train.

Authorities say Woods followed the victim into a restroom and slashed his throat with a knife.

He took the victim's keys and wallet and fled in the victim's car.

He went to a Wal-Mart and bought three Lady Gaga CDs with the victim's credit card.

Store surveillance video helped identify Woods as the suspect.

The victim survived with cuts to his neck and hands.

Woods is charged with attempted murder, robbery and carjacking.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=8902957

8902958_448x252.jpg

DMeisterJ

Banned
Hot 100 will be fairly close this week. "Diamonds" has radio and streaming over LooH, but LooH has the digital sales on lock over Diamonds. Gonna be a close one since the leads both of them have aren't huge on either format.

"Die Young" has been effectively snubbed though.

Nemesis_

2641759-katy-perry-smurfs-617-409.jpg

From her chart-topping hits to her "Part of Me" 3D film, Katy Perry, Billboard's Woman of the Year, has been everywhere lately. But in her film career, the singer-actress is looking forward to going under the radar.

"I want to do stuff that's a little unrecognizable, the self-deprecation kind of humor where I don't always have to be lit so perfectly," she told Billboard in this week's cover story. "I know I can be like the pretty girl, the teasing kitten. But what I want to do is be like a Jerri from Amy Sedaris' ['Strangers With Candy]. I just want to kind of transform."

She'll reprise her role as the voice of the animated Smurfette in "The Smurfs 2," due next summer -- opposite Christina Ricci, who plays "the voice of my female nemesis." And fans have seen her take on other unexpected roles before, donning glasses and orthodontic headgear to play "Kathy Beth Terry" in her "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)" video and going less than glam in a March episode of TV's "Raising Hope."

"I played a character named Rikki who had tight, permed red hair. She was an officer wearing no makeup, with a slight 'stache," Perry said. "It was funny. It's nice to be able to lose yourself in that type of thing. But I mostly want to work with select directors. I won't be able to come in like I did with my documentary and have final cut. It's so much more of a communal process. So you have to be careful."

Still, Perry's "Part of Me" captured the singer in vulnerable moments, documenting her split with Russell Brand and the exhaustion of her world tour.

"Yes: I am human and I will break," she said, laughing, when asked what she'd learned from the experience. "But the movie did the right thing. It helped support my music with a visual perspective and it showed the truth, the reality of what goes on behind the scenes and how you have to really have some armor. I really think it's by the grace of God that I got through it."

http://www.billboard.com/news/katy-...smurfs-2-and-her-film-future-1008034372.story

Nemesis_

Seriously though, y'all should try to stream the album. The production is something else.

This isn't us being ironic, Royalan isn't even part of the church but he still preaches it.

Satch went as far as to say GOOGOOSHA (the alberm) is better than UNAPOLOGETIC.

But you'll all have your chance for redemption.....soon.

ibaaZBiES6bBZe.gif

Not here for blind ignorance tbh

DMeisterJ

Banned
Lots of people have shaded Rih and Unapologetic from time to time every since it's been her most successful album so far. I don't take any shade against Rih seriously since her reign has had people pressed for years.

Poor them

iheartrihannaslayingbm0ptg.gif

Nemesis_

iORUzxgZCqKxe.gif
iORUzxgZCqKxe.gif
iORUzxgZCqKxe.gif

I can't even know what to say...
iORUzxgZCqKxe.gif
iORUzxgZCqKxe.gif
iORUzxgZCqKxe.gif

Just stan.

Anyway.

Shania Twain has begun her new residency show. Here are some photos.

2646719-shania-twain-7-617-409.jpg

2646669-shania-twain-2-617-409.jpg

2646679-shania-twain-3-617-409.jpg

2646749-shania-twain-10-617-409.jpg

2646699-shania-twain-5-617-409.jpg

2646709-shania-twain-6-617-409.jpg

2646689-shania-twain-4-617-409.jpg

2646659-shania-twain-1-617-409.jpg

2646729-shania-twain-8-617-409.jpg

2646739-shania-twain-9-617-409.jpg

THE SETLIST

I'm Gonna Getcha Good
You Win My Love
Don't Be Stupid (You Know I Love You)
Up!
Ain't No Quitter
No One Needs to Know
Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under
Any Man of Mine
That Don't Impress Me Much
Honey, I'm Home
(If You're Not In It For Love) I'm Outta Here
Carrie Anne (Hollies cover with RyanDan)
Come On Over
Rock This Country!
Today Is Your Day
You're Still the One
From This Moment On

(Encore)

Man! I Feel Like a Woman!

Nemesis_

Apparently this is a Residency Show. IDEK know what that is besides it's what Celine Dion does now or something. >_>

Also, Nicki still doing the mosT

It appears the Nicki Minaj/Peter Rosenberg feud is far from over. The ‘Starships’ rapstress has demanded that New York radio station Hot 97 stop playing her music, according to station program director Ebro Darden.

Queen Barbz caught wind of the station’s video of Darden and Rosenberg discussing the poor sales of her re-released album ‘Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded — The Re-Up.’ In the clip, Ebro suggested that Rosenberg ended Minaj’s career after he criticized her six months ago at Summer Jam 2012 for making pop songs.

“Now that’s all you,” Darden said to Rosenberg. “You put work on her son, you gotta own this one. You may have ended Nicki Minaj’s career.” Darden later suggested that Hot 97 could “dust her off” and get her popping again.

While ‘The Re-Up’ only sold 36,000 copies in its first week of release, that’s hardly a cause for concern. In comparison, when Katy Perry re-released her ‘Teenage Dream’ album, she only pushed 33,000 copies in her first week. That fact is, re-issues are not always guaranteed sales winners and are not an accurate barometer of an artist’s career.

On a side note, the combined sales of ‘Reloaded’ has now pushed the album over 1 million copies sold. And Minaj’s career is still going strong with her recent gig on ‘American Idol‘ and a new perfume line coming out next year.

So Minaj doesn’t need to be dusted off, she needs to be commended.

Still, the Young Money starlet wasn’t thrilled with Hot 97′s video. The ‘Freedom’ rapper called the station and demanded she be removed from the radio station’s playlists immediately.

“She used every woman stab she could: ‘I thought you were a man, you’re a cornball, I thought we were friends, you’re fake,’” recalls Darden of their heated phone conversation.

Don’t worry Barbz, your queen hasn’t left radio. Darden assured everyone that they will continued to play Nicki’s songs despite her vitriol of the station. “Of course we are. I love Nicki Minaj,” he said.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Yes Nicki, demand one of the biggest hip hop stations in your 'hometown' to stop playing your music.

That should really help your hip-hop songs on the radio (How is "The Boys" doing again?) and sales (lol). Nicki and Azealia are having a race to see who can dig their own grave the quickest.

Trigger

Wow, those Shania pics look fantastic. She's still very beautiful.

Yes Nicki, demand one of the biggest hip hop stations in your 'hometown' to stop playing your music.

That should really help your hip-hop songs on the radio (How is "The Boys" doing again?) and sales (lol). Nicki and Azealia are having a race to see who can dig their own grave the quickest.

Why are they both so messy?

Majmun

Shania Twain is my dream woman. I'd marry her. She's so pretty

And OMG, Googoosha stannning is back? She can take her boiler elsewhere. Not here for it.

Nemesis_

I hear that boiling is a process which excites the molecules, thereby increasing movement and temperature.

I guess if we were to BOIL this thread it would move quicker.

:3

STAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom