• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

Well atleast the Idol machine still works. Unlike the Voice and Xfactor...

Give it time. I predict big things for Chris Mann in 2013.

His album is still selling, and he's still booking surprisingly good promo. So I think he may actually be the most successful Voice contestant as of now. #TeamXtina

Rihanna has frequently missed the number 1 position before, so her avoiding streaming is a reason to doubt if she would get that number 1 spot had things been handled differently.

The album was leaked well in advance though. Anyone that wanted to hear it could have. Maybe just sold well because she dropped a bomb ass first single and people liked what they heard.

After hearing Bruno Mars' album I can now debut my top 5 songs of 2012:

s7JjM.jpg

I've heard each of those songs at least twice, none of them made a significant impression.
You would be lying if you didn't agree with at least one of these songs.
qzpll.gif
Hew is this creature, Gaga without makeup?

leona-lovebird-535x535.jpg

PopJustice said:
Leona Lewis’ ‘Lovebird’ single now has some cover ‘art’, even though it’s not coming out as an actual separate single and can only be bought from the album on iTunes.

Anyway, we’ve plonked it above for you.

This campaign is going swimmingly, isn’t it.

royalan

Didn't Koodo already clock you on this?

He clocked me on first week sales.

He could still still be right, but Mann's album has been out for over a month now and he's still getting promo. The media is also referring to him as the most successful.

It's inevitable, IF it hasn't happened yet.

The next single should have been Fireflies.
If she had released Glassheart and then Fireflies, you would've had some Bey-style "If I Were A Boy"/"Single Ladies" tag team domination.

It's ok, though. I've already put a word in with the admins for a name change.

lol jk, #glassheart2013germanydomination

Trigger

If she had released Glassheart and then Fireflies, you would've had some Bey-style "If I Were A Boy"/"Single Ladies" tag team domination.

It's ok, though. I've already put a word in with the admins for a name change.

lol jk, #glassheart2013germanydomination

Yg9dP.gif

Our faves would be so much more succesful if they followed our advice.

No, they wouldn't actually.

royalan

....I agree with Lovebird as single;__;

I love Fireflies for its explosive finale, but the song itself is too short and too slow for radio. Plus, as nice as the finale is, there's no buildup to it. Like my ex-boyfriend, it just sort of climaxes with no finesse or warning.

Bladenic

I still think Leona's label purposefully fucked her. Glassheart/Fireflies should have been singles, but they could have at least released one of those after Trouble. Sigh.

Trigger

....I agree with Lovebird as single;__;

I love Fireflies for its explosive finale, but the song itself is too short and too slow for radio. Plus, as nice as the finale is, there's no buildup to it. Like my ex-boyfriend, it just sort of climaxes with no finesse or warning.

waitT

i3t6tIPNkaCJa.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
This weeks sales are in.

Unapologetic suffers a 70% drop, directly in line with almost every other big release that has come out this year such as RED, Believe, both of 1D's albums, etc.

Gurl get out with this, Rihanus first week sales dont even come close to any one of them for her to suffer a 70% drop

Koodo

Banned
He clocked me on first week sales.

He could still still be right, but Mann's album has been out for over a month now and he's still getting promo. The media is also referring to him as the most successful.

It's inevitable, IF it hasn't happened yet.
The media is not referring to Chris Mann as the most successful. They have only been quoting Xtincta as stating:

"[My former act] Chris Mann, prime example. Came in fourth last year. It’s like, ultimately, who’s the real winner? Who’s Javier [Colon]? Who’s Jermaine [Paul]? At this point, I think it’s all about Chris Mann, thank you!”

This is not an admission that Chris Mann is doing better than anyone. Given how he disappeared from the charts after the debut week (thus selling a meagre amount per week at most), he definitely has still not surpassed the debut week of the former winners, let alone their LTDs.

He's doing terrible so far.

The media is not referring to Chris Mann as the most successful. They have only been quoting Xtincta as stating:

"[My former act] Chris Mann, prime example. Came in fourth last year. It’s like, ultimately, who’s the real winner? Who’s Javier [Colon]? Who’s Jermaine [Paul]? At this point, I think it’s all about Chris Mann, thank you!”

This is not an admission that Chris Mann is doing better than anyone. Given how he disappeared from the charts after the debut week (thus selling a meagre amount per week at most), he definitely has still not surpassed the debut week of the former winners, let alone their LTDs.

That quote is kind of a shitty thing to say, isn't it? That's the problem with The Voice and The X-Factor- pitting judges against each other. It's entertaining television, but when it comes time to launch the artist (which is what the shows should really be about imo) the judges should be united behind the winner. Perhaps the judge competition format works in the UK where The X-Factor has a larger cultural impact, but it doesn't seem to be working here in the US.

But I guess the most important thing is the contestant's song choice. Who would have thought that a runner up Canadian Idol would become 2012's it-girl? *.*

DMeisterJ

Banned
Well of course they might be normal for her since they are inflated by Black Friday's sales

iMQQM3hnNpCd8.gif

This is her first album that's came out during Black Friday week. TTT was a week before, Loud was two weeks before. It's just a normal drop for Rih, and in line with all of the other drops from big albums this year.

FW SW Drop

253,057 81,044 67.97% PINK FRIDAY: ROMAN RELOADED
222,201 67,525 69.61% OVEREXPOSED
176,175 55,477 68.51% UP ALL NIGHT

There are others, but my point is proven.

iMQQM3hnNpCd8.gif

Mau ®

This is her first album that's came out during Black Friday week. TTT was a week before, Loud was two weeks before. It's just a normal drop for Rih, and in line with all of the other drops from big albums this year.

FW SW Drop

iMQQM3hnNpCd8.gif

Yes clock ha with FACTS.

iMQQM3hnNpCd8.gif

botty

Banned

FW SW Drop

iMQQM3hnNpCd8.gif

So Nicki outsold her FW sales without Black Friday support?

iMQQM3hnNpCd8.gif

Holy shit, just heard Mariah's "Emotions" in McDonalds! The song is an ESSENTIAL jam, and even through low-quality speakers had the obese middle-age crowd bopping in their seats.

Eternally flawless.

P.S. What kind of random station though, it was just playing Diamonds and Already Gone before the sudden 90s retread :p

royalan

;___;

botty

Banned
Holy shit, just heard Mariah's "Emotions" in McDonalds! The song is an ESSENTIAL jam, and even through low-quality speakers had the obese middle-age crowd bopping in their seats.

Eternally flawless.

P.S. What kind of random station though, it was just playing Diamonds and Already Gone before the sudden 90s retread :p

Your body is a temple. Don't let anything in unless it worships you.
7732f81d.png

And Good Girl Gone Bad: Reloaded doubled the sales of Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded: The Re-Up without Black Friday support. And Rih has 5 rap grammys and Onika has 0.

iMQQM3hnNpCd8.gif

Are we time traveling now? Or are we going to speak on Rihanna's current sales?

iMQQM3hnNpCd8.gif

botty

Banned
Botty always ignores his clockage.

Poor him.

What have I ignored?

You're the one that time-traveled first. I was just time-traveling as well. You had no point and tried to come for her album sales, and I needed to #clapback with truth. Poor you.

Roman Reloaded and Unapologetic were both released in 2012, yet you brought up something from 2008.

Mau ®

The Re-up was a re-release, that wasn't even made available in all stores. You can't really compare that to Unapologetic.

Didnt stop CHANNEL ORANGE from selling really well despite no major retailer carrying the album for a week.

Didnt stop THE FAME MONSTER (an 8-track re-release too) from selling either...

What's Garbaj's excuse these days?

iMQQM3hnNpCd8.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
What have I ignored?

Roman Reloaded and Unapologetic were both released in 2012, yet you brought up something from 2008.

I was comparing Roman Reloaded and Unapologetic to get a look at respective first week drops. You went to sales. You shouldn't do that when your fave just released a flop. Poor you.

That Betonce gif is about to get clocked by Mumei.

mhm, mumei is about to febreeze the fun out of the thread, as per

is4GXLsrRltDg.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom