• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I want to have his CHILDREN

j28QC.gif

GET IN LINE!

ibiTR9eLZqu1Ev.gif

HDD predicts Ke$ha to sell 80-85k this week

ibxf92KHkHa9ia.gif

Take Me Home:
Week 1: 540,000
Week 2: 176,000
Week 3: 92,000
Total: 808,000

Thats a lot less than I expected. No way she takes #1 with that. A few weeks ago I read an article predicting 200k................... The low numbers are probably due to the fact that, even though a lot of people like her music, there are not a lot of Ke$ha "fans" out there who are willing to pay full price day one. Shame, its a good album.

<3 1D numbers. Shouldn't have a problem hitting the million mark by years end....and thats with no real single in the US.

Artemisia

Banned
A shame, Warrior showed us that Kesha can actually put out a solid album.

Anyway, the Grammy nominations concert is tonight.

Pray for Florence to get some noms.

ilMJWemrXiLDn.gif

Damn those Ke$ha projections are jacked.

I understand why most wouldn't invest in an album from her though. Her singles haven't exactly been mascots of variety. Even though Warrior is definitely more substantial an album than her last two efforts, nobody will know unless she chooses a more ballsy single that moves her away from what people are expecting from her. Both "Die Young" and "C'mon" still fall under that schema. It's her choice though.

A shame, Warrior showed us that Kesha can actually put out a solid album.

Anyway, the Grammy noms concert is tonight.

Pray for Florence to get some noms.

ilMJWemrXiLDn.gif

I am very hyped. Kelly should at least get a couple nods.... Florence deserves a few. Anything on top of that is just icing....

Going to be nuts...I have a presentation/poster to put together for tomorrow and a 20 page book review to write for Friday. Not sure whether I will actually be able to watch or not.

...I am DOOOOOOMED.

Artemisia

Banned
If either Ceremonials and The Idler Wheel... get nominated for AOTY I will be satisfied.

ilMJWemrXiLDn.gif

and channel orange so botty seethes

DMeisterJ

Banned
I can't wait for Rih's noms.

Clearly WFL will be in the mix a few times. Hopefully Her and Drake are nom'd for "Take Care" and maybe some WHYB love as well.

Shame Diamonds won't be up until next year. It's what I hate about her releasing her albums so late in the year.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Damn those Ke$ha projections are jacked.

I understand why most wouldn't invest in an album from her though. Her singles haven't exactly been mascots of variety. Even though Warrior is definitely more substantial an album than her last two efforts, nobody will know unless she chooses a more ballsy single that moves her away from what people are expecting from her. Both "Die Young" and "C'mon" still fall under that schema. It's her choice though.

She should have released The Harold Song for variety now she only has Love Into The Light which isn't really single material

Ke$ha is now confirmed a local single artist...

Artemisia

Banned
I can't wait for Rih's noms.

Clearly WFL will be in the mix a few times. Hopefully Her and Drake are nom'd for "Take Care" and maybe some WHYB love as well.

Shame Diamonds won't be up until next year. It's what I hate about her releasing her albums so late in the year.

I always worry when my faves release music after the cutoff date. Not sure if this is true, but there has to be some bias towards albums that are fresh in their memories because they were released in the middle of the year.

royalan

Interesting. Please....tell us more!

80-85k is bigger than 70-75k...but the fact that Ke$hit is even IN the Lotus ballpark after all that promo she did, coming off of a smash era, being a much more current artist and having a smash single on radio for the past month...

iE8ZbcRXg8Mll.gif
iE8ZbcRXg8Mll.gif
iE8ZbcRXg8Mll.gif

YAAAAASSSS. My fave is still relevant!

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
80-85k is bigger than 70-75k...but the fact that Ke$hit is even IN the Lotus ballpark after all that promo she did, coming off of a smash era, being a much more current artist and having a smash single on radio for the past month...

YAAAAASSSS. My fave is still relevant!

Shouldn't really be bragging, both belong to the same label. Poor RCA

BUT at least Ke$ha has been able to provide some revenue for them
ibxf92KHkHa9ia.gif

cory64

Shouldn't the Hot 100 top 10 be out by now?
Are they changing the formula again?

edit: there it is

DIAMONDS THREE WEEKS IN A ROW

DMeisterJ

Banned
Shouldn't the Hot 100 top 10 be out by now?
Are they changing the formula again?

edit: there it is

DIAMONDS THREE WEEKS IN A ROW

Her reign continues. And her next #1 on Radio Songs Chart will tie her with the highest #1s on that chart, Mariah Carey.

iheartrihannaslayingbm0ptg.gif

Kyon

Banned
Britney Spears Earns Her Seventh Digital Songs No. 1

godneybillboardneyjtrub.png

Over on the Digital Songs chart, we have a new No. 1, as will.i.am & Britney Spears' "Scream & Shout," jumps from No. 66 to the top with 196,000 downloads sold (up 483%). The song debuted on last week's tally with five days of sales, as it was released on Nov. 21. The newest chart data reflects its first full sales week (ending Dec. 2), along with impact felt from its music video's premiere on "The X Factor" (Nov. 28). "Scream & Shout" is will.i.am's first No. 1 on the Digital Songs chart as a lead artist. For Spears, it's her seventh No. 1 on the eight year old tally.

Here is a recap of Spears' seven Digital Songs No. 1s:

Title, Date reached No. 1, Downloads Sold
"Gimme More," October 13, 2007, 179,000
"Womanizer," October 25, 2008, 286,000
"Circus," December 20, 2008, 212,000
"3," October 24, 2009, 255,000
"Hold It Against Me," January 29, 2011, 411,000
"S&M," April 30, 2011, 293,000
"Scream & Shout," December 15, 2012, 196,000

In the chart's history, Spears is now tied with Taylor Swift for the third-highest No. 1 sum. Rihanna rules with twelve leaders, followed by Katy Perry with eight, Eminem with six, Justin Timberlake, Black Eyed Peas, and Beyoncé, each with five.

tumblr_me8ftqREO81r5pwv7o1_500.gif

WE DID IT!

Update: Hot 100 Position

At No. 12 on the Hot 100, will.i.am's "Scream & Shout," featuring Britney Spears, debuts, fueled by a 66-1 vault on Digital Songs (196,000, up 483%).

Hmm NAWT bad. We could've done better but there was only so much Stans could do for this song. The stupid new rules about Radio being more important than digital sales even though the BUYING PUBLIC bought more singles for it thus making it #1 on the Digital Songs. Chart. is still ridiculous but I guess me requesting more than 400 times might of helped. I'm a afraid this will start dropping :) but still great job fellow Godney Stans who helped.

britt2.gif
britt2.gif
britt2.gif
britt2.gif

Bladenic

Katy Perry and Rihanna, the singles queens. *_*

So does that mean Gaga has 4? Just Dance, Poker Face, Bad Romance, Born This Way?

Bad Romance was cockblocked from #1 by Tik Tok. Probably Ke-$-ha's only achievement.

tumblr_mdjyrbhHoO1qd7fc3o3_250.gif

Edit: Oops nvm, she may have had #1 on digital for a few weeks at least, not sure.

tumblr_mcksmhro9o1r1310yo4_500.gif

royalan

Melanie Amaro, the Crown Jewel of X Factor, has a new single.

Long Distance

iHDNOr8V4sR5H.gif

Awww, the poor dear. It's so basic. It sounds like a lazy mashup of several Katy Perry songs with reductive Leona Lewis vocals.

Coming soon to a Degrassi soundtrack near you.

Long Distance

Awww, the poor dear. It's so basic. It sounds like a lazy mashup of several Katy Perry songs with reductive Leona Lewis vocals.

What in the Photoshopped hell have they done to her face on that cover? She looks like a Lapras.

Long Distance

iHDNOr8V4sR5H.gif

That's generous - Degrassi's had Florence after all.

More like the incidental background music during a LOGO advert for some awful reality TV show tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom