• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
...but I mean no average American knows who most of those artists are. Very few of them get played on the radio.

Its easy to parade artists whose music no one ever hears as being superior.

I'm not really sure what you're saying? Either that popularity = best or that a list made of good albums that most people haven't heard of isn't a good list?

Either way...

Devotion.

But seems like being American is a heavily weighted criterion.

I'm actually embarrassed that I forgot this. (III), too.

I should mention that I've been drinking
and am pretty grumpy.

I'm not really sure what you're saying? Either that popularity = best or that a list made of good albums that most people haven't heard of isn't a good list?

Either way...

I am not saying ANY of those albums are bad........its that music writers tend to write off ANYTHING popular as bad. Which gives them 0 relevancy in my mind. There is good music all over and any legit list will have a mix of genres, successful artists, etc.

Instead its the same semi relevant trash as every year.

Cynosure

iJNWgUJBfmAUe.png

did you guys ever notice someone is missing?
even that has-yet-to-happen Azealia is there
ipD8y9xtjEkKZ.jpg

iiyqSxgW1CO5w.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I am not saying ANY of those albums are bad........its that music writers tend to write off ANYTHING popular as bad. Which gives them 0 relevancy in my mind. There is good music all over and any legit list will have a mix of genres, successful artists, etc.

Instead its the same semi relevant trash as every year.

I get what you're saying about writing off popular music as bad, I'm just not sure why you think it means the list itself is invalid?

I mean, if you genuinely thought that the three best albums of the year were Lotus, Unapologetic and MDNA then I'd sort of, kind of, see.

I get what you're saying about writing off popular music as bad, I'm just not sure why you think it means the list itself is invalid?

I mean, if you genuinely thought that the three best albums of the year were Lotus, Unapologetic and MDNA then I'd sort of, kind of, see.

Yes it does. You can't be a mainstream publication yet ignore mainstream music....... Its so foolish.

But I digress. Its their list and they have the right to choose what they want.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Yes it does. You can't be a mainstream publication yet ignore mainstream music....... Its so foolish.

So what do you think are the mainstream albums that are genuinely among the best music produced this year?

I don't see who's missing from the pictures by the way.

Cynosure

Putting aside your astounding deficit in all matters of decency, the tea:

OOP.

iTtdBNYq2Kh1x.gif

Christina has already made it though. She’s had success most could only dream of.

your cross-eyed snoozefest fave though, she debuted with 10k WW. Not even a glimpse of success. I'm sure PMR Island has already written her off

her record label had a miscarriage, and she’s the aborted stillborn.

im99LGceB2Hox.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Attention: The Lord has begun to already nominate 2013 even making
people forget the cretin known as Carly Meh Jepsen ever existed

Her second single is dominating the charts and she is dating 1/5 of the best thing to come out of the UK

Your Faves Are On Notice For 2013
id8wpqB2VKY2a.gif

Koodo

Banned
Now sis... Lets celebrate Godneys 7th #1 Digital Song
Feels redundant to celebrate yet another #1 from the Holy Spearit.

Just another day's work for her.

ibQC7TuB2585k.gif

Christina has already made it though. She’s had success most could only dream of.
Only to squander everything away like a crack addict at the Fremont Street.

WHAT A SHAME, WHAT A PITY.

Meanwhile, High Priestess Ware has just been signed to Cherrytree Records to launch her career in the United States, while your corpulent pig fave seems to be an inch away from landing on RCA's dropped list.

Fitting that as one career dies, another is born.

iXDqIs8HXMSsH.gif

Styles

Her second single is dominating the charts and she is dating 1/5 of the best thing to come out of the UK

id8wpqB2VKY2a.gif

Yas, praise The Lord.

The 2014 Grammys will leave many gurlS seethinG.

iZnO3tfwmiJPk.gif

Kyon

Banned
Grammys don't matter anymore hun. Since they been giving them out like free condoms at Planned Parenthood the past few years, this point was proven.

Trigger

Ch.....

Bless Taylord Swift tho! *.*

Galang

Banned
^ I'll bet my life it won't be lol.

Still more than Nelly Furtado.

iSUbn0HdnRjBn.gif

I've listened to all her albums except the new one. I didn't even know it released until afterwards, but I'm not in the mood for much new music at the moment. I can't imagine it's bad..

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b9/Somethin_Bout_Kreay_Cover.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/iSUbn0HdnRjBn.gif

I was expecting this to be really good tbh lol. I never listened to anything outside Gucci Gucci/Go Hard outside the release so I felt I would like it.

botty

Banned
I've listened to all her albums except the new one. I didn't even know it released until afterwards, but I'm not in the mood for much new music at the moment. I can't imagine it's bad..

I was expecting this to be really good tbh lol. I never listened to anything outside Gucci Gucci/Go Hard outside the release so I felt I would like it.

Nelly's flopage wasn't deserved, and it was really unfortunate. But that's what happens when you have a messy first single, and almost no promo.

Kreayshawn, much like Tyler the Creature, was a fad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom