• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I'm not seething I've been a Squints Stan since 06. Though I do it mostly discreetly.

yeah I know

The Grammys lost all credibility last year

ibykZpmBwJYTjN.gif

Galang

Banned
Nelly's flopage wasn't deserved, and it was really unfortunate. But that's what happens when you have a messy first single, and almost no promo.

Kreayshawn, much like Tyler the Creature, was a fad.

I lived under a rock during the Tyler craze. I remember seeing him on the news for his video and then seeing his last.fm page having a comment every other minute. What exactly what is it? The shock value I guess?

Cynosure

Meanwhile, High Priestess Ware has just been signed to Cherrytree Records to launch her career in the United States

They'll abort her too.
once a dead fetus, always a dead fetus.

tumblr_meb7rz4Bfd1r33943o3_250.gif

Still more than Nelly Furtado.

iSUbn0HdnRjBn.gif

how do you go from selling 10 million WW with the last album to debuting with 5k??

Loose was so good <3

Flames to dust
Lovers to friends
Why do all good things come to an end
Flames to dust
Lovers to friends
Why do all good things come to an end
come to an end come to an
Why do all good things come to end?
come to an end come to an
Why do all good things come to an end?

ibomJfFtDWLCD5.gif

Koodo

Banned
80. Best Short Form Music Video

Houdini

Foster The People
Daniels, video directors; Gaetano Crupi, video producer
[Columbia]​

No Church In The Wild

Jay-Z & Kanye West Featuring Frank Ocean & The-Dream
Romain Gervais, video director; Mourad Belkeddan, video producer
[Def Jam]​

Bad Girls

M.I.A
Romain Gavras, video director; Romain Gavras, video producer
[N.E.E.T./Interscope]​

We Found Love

Rihanna Featuring Calvin Harris
Melina Matsoukas, video director; Juliette Larthe & Ben Sullivan, video producers
[Def Jam]​

Run Boy Run

Woodkid
Yoann Lemoine, video director; Roman Pichon, video producer
[Green United Music]​

I wonder who will lose, and who will win.
OBj3m.png

DMeisterJ

Banned
I'm pressed Rih isn't up for Song of the year for WFL, and that only WHYB is up for best pop solo, which it won't win. Rap/Sung is a toss up with Talk That Talk (song), and the only one she'll probably win is the video, but given the dust she was paid, who knows.

--

How many nominations did Nicki get tho?

okaye9fqag.gif

Is Rih about to add a 6th rap grammy while Nicki has 0? kiii

botty

Banned
I lived under a rock during the Tyler craze. I remember seeing him on the news for his video and then seeing his last.fm page having a comment every other minute. What exactly what is it? The shock value I guess?

He debuted during the height of the witch house fad, and had an interesting first single. Nothing substantial came afterwards. At least he can enjoy his MTV award.

Ok, we get iT

5zvrU.png

Artemisia

Banned
80. Best Short Form Music Video

Houdini

Foster The People
Daniels, video directors; Gaetano Crupi, video producer
[Columbia]​

No Church In The Wild

Jay-Z & Kanye West Featuring Frank Ocean & The-Dream
Romain Gervais, video director; Mourad Belkeddan, video producer
[Def Jam]​

Bad Girls

M.I.A
Romain Gavras, video director; Romain Gavras, video producer
[N.E.E.T./Interscope]​

We Found Love

Rihanna Featuring Calvin Harris
Melina Matsoukas, video director; Juliette Larthe & Ben Sullivan, video producers
[Def Jam]​

Run Boy Run

Woodkid
Yoann Lemoine, video director; Roman Pichon, video producer
[Green United Music]​

I wonder who will lose, and who will win.
OBj3m.png

Romain Gervais is truly an iconic director.

ZHx6h.gif

Galang

Banned
He debuted during the height of the witch house fad, and had an interesting first single. Nothing substantial came afterwards. At least he can enjoy his MTV award.

Ah thanks! Didn't know he had an MTV award, I guess that's why he's always on that prank show too...

Galang

Banned
I actually liked the We Found Love video too, but M.I.A. needs that win! Just in time for album too, would be great. Rihanna will win plenty more

botty

Banned
Botty, what are your thoughts on the nominations tonight?

iMpOjrfQ8ai3y.gif

How surprised -- and disturbed -- I was to see that Francis would be nominated for so many things. But then I realized that for each grammy Francis is nominated for, is just another chance for him to be disappointed as he sees a much more talented artist win. How delicious and delectable grammy night will be as I watch his distraught reactions.

iweJt2bY6XqXr.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
How surprised -- and disturbed -- I was to see that Francis would be nominated for so many things. But then I realized that for each grammy Francis is nominated for, is just another chance for him to be disappointed as he sees a much more talented artist win. How delicious and delectable grammy night will be as I watch his distraught reactions.

iweJt2bY6XqXr.gif

Just like the VMAs

ibkpvP5O9TZ3ep.gif

Trigger

Frank almost has to win now just for the amounts of seething it would induce.

Oh, and because Channel Orange was pretty good.
bhuHH.gif

Artemisia

Banned

iweJt2bY6XqXr.gif

bitch take a seat

you know that AOTY and BNA list was paving the way for him to win

royalan

iweJt2bY6XqXr.gif

I hope Miguel squashes him like a prostate on Pride night in all the categories they're both nominated in.

Miguel/Kaleidoscope Dream>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Frank Ocean/Project ORANGE. Cannot be stressed ENOUGH.

Artemisia

Banned
I hope Miguel squashes him like a prostate on Pride night in all the categories they're both nominated in.

Miguel/Kaleidoscope Dream>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Frank Ocean/Project ORANGE. Cannot be stressed ENOUGH.

So only one category then. And it's a lessor category too, will it even be aired on TV?

iMpOjrfQ8ai3y.gif

poor frank, losing a best urban contemporary album award and winning best new artist and album of the year.

Bladenic

I'm pressed Rih isn't up for Song of the year for WFL, and that only WHYB is up for best pop solo, which it won't win. Rap/Sung is a toss up with Talk That Talk (song), and the only one she'll probably win is the video, but given the dust she was paid, who knows.

--

okaye9fqag.gif

Now wait. Did WFL get any noms beside video? That song is just everything. Only the Bajan Bad Girl.

Koodo

Banned
Have you listened to KD yet, sis?
Yes. I need to give it a few more spins to soak it all in, but so far I'm finding it to be a cute album sprinkled with sensual vocals. It's generic though; there's only so much heterosexual pandering and longing for a moist labia majora that I can take.

Artemisia

Banned
Well, like you said... it's fan voted. Guess they weren't there for the music or the videos.

ibe5AYaPHs3VWD.gif

holy fuck you are pressed

Yes. I need to give it a few more spins to soak it all in, but so far I'm finding it to be a cute album sprinkled with sensual vocals. It's generic though; there's only so much heterosexual pandering and longing for a moist labia majora that I can take.

ikr

Channel Orange is a much more personal and heartfelt album.

Bladenic

Um, sis please edit this immediately because Botty is about to jump all over it.

royalan

Eh, still heads and shoulders above most of the R&B drudge released this year.

Agree about the pussy-pandering, though. Still, I appreciate the focus and delivery of KD over ORANGE.

Galang

Banned
I'm surprised Nicki took so personally. Not that acclaim applies, but I thought the album was panned almost everywhere so I think she should of expected it.

Ties

Banned
Mumford will get AOTY.

z63MU.gif

Lana should have been nommed for best pop solo with Ride.

z63MU.gif

Maroon 5 needs to be blacklisted by the Grammys

z63MU.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom