• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bieber might outlast 1D but will he outlast Harry Styles and Zayn Malik?

No
batmanownssupermanjjccm.gif

God no.....I would rather the band die a slow....painful death on the charts than have it die from spin-offs. Anything but that.

iGtHdEmCuc1tk.gif

Bladenic

It's cute to see people suddenly stanning for Bieber when a few OTs ago they didnt want him anywhere NEAR the OP or the thread. The flip flopping is TRUELY wonderful to see.

ibitgX0wBiC5qN.gif

Lol the same can be said for your faves, nobody talked about them before except you. Now the rest of us can't catch a break from 1D talk in here.

Its going to happen sis, Haylor has basically made Harry known more than the others

Get ready for it
imdrYoGlJYJ6O.gif

I don't know. I really don't think Harry has that much appeal but we will see. Harry has the personality but his voice is just "good". Zayn on the other hand has the voice, but not sure he is commercial enough. Liam has the voice as well but is Zzzzzzzzzz.

If/when it happens. Things will get ugly.

Edit: If the group as a whole is doing poorly (for example if their next album flops) I would have no issues. People who jump ship during the good times are another matter.....

Delio

Lol the same can be said for your faves, nobody talked about them before except you. Now the rest of us can't catch a break from 1D talk in here.

Oh I'm not denying what happened in terms of 1D. I consider it being my CONSTANT showing of 1D changed lifes.

tumblr_mew4szY6xN1rst1nuo4_250.gif

Mau ®

Actually he never had 1D type sales to begin with......

You're right. He had BETTER sales.

Seeing as Beiber sold 4 MILLION ALBUMS OF HIS FIRST RELEASE plus a combined 7.7 million digital songs in 2010 alone and 1D has sold 3 million of their first album (and not as many singles I presume).

Bye.

rih3.gif
rih3.gif
rih3.gif
rih3.gif
rih3.gif

You better stop supporting for him I suppose.....since you only stan for the flavor of the month "hot artists"....and Bieber is no longer that.

iQRbZw8JAv75l.gif

I'll stan whoever I damn please.

Who are you to tell me what to like now?
lmfao.gif
lmfao.gif

Oh I'm not denying what happened in terms of 1D. I consider it being my CONSTANT showing of 1D changed lifes.

tumblr_mew4szY6xN1rst1nuo4_250.gif

Not to mention that in previous OT's 1D was totally new......and relatively unknown (especially in the states).

How can you stan for an artist you didn't know existed? Its not nearly the same thing as hating an artist one OT, then stanning them the next.

You're right. He had BETTER sales.

Seeing as Beiber sold 4 MILLION ALBUMS OF HIS FIRST RELEASE plus a combined 7.7 million digital songs in 2010 and 1D has sold 3 million of their first album (and not as many singles I presume).

4 Million albums over 4 years since its release. 1D has almost caught that in a year.

What Makes You Beautiful sold over 3 million in the US this year so I wouldn't be at all shocked if they were close to....or above...that number. Live While Were Young and One Thing also sold a million a piece in the states this year.

Bladenic

Not to mention that in previous OT's 1D was totally new......and relatively unknown (especially in the states).

How can you stan for an artist you didn't know existed? Its not nearly the same thing as hating an artist one OT, then stanning them the next.

Lol OT2 was after they already broke out. People started stanning more after their latest album came out. Just like people started warming up to Bieber when Believe came out. Which was OT2 by the way.

Delio

True they wernt as big. But even when Up all night came out there was still a large portion of people denying their sales and success. Having to fight to get them even MENTIONED in the current album releases was QUITE annoying.

Read it again.

It was in 2010 alone.

Either way 1D has sold more than that in the last year....just the way it is.

Up All Night sold 8 million singles with 12~ million records in total

#oops
ibxCyuoGazuRfE.gif

Oops.

More albums AND more singles.

Lol OT2 was after they already broke out. People started stanning more after their latest album came out. Just like people started warming up to Bieber when Believe came out. Which was OT2 by the way.

Bieber has been around since 2010.

People starting to stan for him after 4 years is NOT equivalent to people starting to stan 1D during the SAME year as their first single and album.

Mau ®

Up All Night sold 8 million singles with 12~ million records in total

#oops
ibxCyuoGazuRfE.gif

lol dont inflate those #'s by adding 1 MILLION DVD's like his management group
lmfao.gif

One Direction have notched up an incredible 12 million sales worldwide in less than a year including 8 million singles, 3 million albums and a million DVD's.

It's 11 million records for their first album. Beiber sold 7 million singles and MORE ALBUMS than them

#oops indeed

ibxCyuoGazuRfE.gif

lmfao.gif

It's 11 million records for their first album. Beiber sold 7 million singles and MORE ALBUMS than them

#oops indeed

ibxCyuoGazuRfE.gif

You are the one who starting counting by "years". If you are playing that way both of 1D's albums count since they both came out this year.

Also....either way you cut it. Bieber is NOT doing as well as them THIS year.

I see we're comparing 1D to Bieber now. Good thing I like them both as well (or at least find them inoffensive).
TBH when two artists achievements are roughly parallel is when the stan wars get the nastiest.

Artemisia

Banned
Beiber shits on 1D.

I mean at least he can put on a semblance of a show. Unlike 1D who just stand there and don't even have half decent vocals to make it worthwhile.

Delio

Beiber shits on 1D.

I mean at least he can put on a semblance of a show. Unlike 1D who just stand there and don't even have half decent vocals to make it worthwhile.

Excuse me most of their shows are them doing cute antics and having their own style. Bieber is just trying to follow in whatever papa Usher tells him to do.

Beiber shits on 1D.

Yet one is surging the other is sliding.

poordat

iQRbZw8JAv75l.gif

inb4 crutching on hypothetical future failure to write off 1D's current success

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
lmfao.gif

#oops indeed

That press release was sent on August, Up All Night has continued to sell since then. My 12 million range is still reasonable since as of November their total records is at 15~ million

#oops
ibxCyuoGazuRfE.gif

That press release was sent on August, Up All Night has continued to sell since then. My 12 million range is still reasonable since as of November their total records is at 15 million

#oops
ibxCyuoGazuRfE.gif

Years not even over yet.

Suddenly Bieb's first year not looking all that impressive.

Sounds like your Rihanna hating tbh kiii

Sounds like you making shit up :)

SZJWb.gif

I am critical of Rihanna yes.....but I have never once hypothesized about future failure of an album/single and have always left the door open that she could have a long career ahead of her.

My only argument about her future I have ever made is that she had not achieved the status of a legend or icon (yet).

If they ever hope for some sort of longevity they are going to need to change.

They can't keep up this act forever.

Of course.....as long as they never go the urban route I am fine.

TBH they have only been doing their current sound for a year. It has some mileage left in it.

But you know in your heart Zayn will get that solo. He's cute enough to make a go of it.

I missed this earlier.

Zayn is cute....and he has a good voice.

I am just not sure where he would go as a solo artist. His image doesn't really work for a solo pure pop act.......but in any other genre he would be written off because of his origins with 1D. Not to mention that he doesn't seem to have much in the way of commercial instincts. Harry is still the one with the best shot solo.....this was true even before Haylor.

Though I suppose anything can happen.

Watch them team up with Skrillex of all people Waffle :/.

HOW DARE YOU PUT THAT OUT INTO THE UNIVERSE!

There is no taking it back now....

Artemisia

Banned
lordT

I cannot believe I entered this discussion

Both 1D and Beiber are so damn boring and completely rely on their image because their music is absolutely uninteresting

can we stop talking about them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom