• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
I don't really care for Justin Bieber or One Direction. However, each one has something worth stanning for. Justin has "Beauty and the Beat"...

...And One Direction has:

8mxKM.jpg

you're absolutely right.

and why shouldn't I?

(Going to backtrack to this subject.)

...because....honestly.....there is NO evidence whatsoever to support the notion that 1D are going to be a flash in the pan then gone again in a few months. Historically boybands have 4-5 year life cycles which would give 1D four more years. One Direction is easily the biggest boyband to hit since the late 1990's/early 2000's......and honestly.....their sound isn't even slightly similar to other recent boybands so most of the arguments about disposability are complete smoke and mirrors..

They could be gone soon, they may not. No one really has any credible historical evidence to support any theories outside the 5 year cycle. Its no less stupid to claim that 1D will vanish than it is to predict Rihanna or Katy Perry are so disposable that they will disappear......

Its 100% trolling....you know it....I know it.

lordT

I cannot believe I entered this discussion

Both 1D and Beiber are so damn boring and completely rely on their image because their music is absolutely uninteresting

can we stop talking about them
I concur.

Let's talk about Ellie Goulding and how immaculate Halcyon is.

Alarms will ring for eternity
The waves will break every chain on me

<3

royalan

I'm ready for a group if vocalists, tbh.

I love groups, but none of these new acts ARE groups. They're personalities set to music.

I'm reminded of Adele. Adele came around right at the time when the female pop market was saturated with gimmicky nibodies and people were calling out for someone to bring talent back to the forefront.

I'm ready for the Adele of pop groups. It will happen 2013. I can feel it.

Artemisia

Banned
I concur.

Let's talk about Ellie Goulding and how immaculate Halcyon is.

Alarms will ring for eternity
The waves will break every chain on me

<3

You're late ;_;

But yes, It's not as good as I was heralding earlier, but it's still a great album and I listen to songs from it pretty much daily.

Bladenic

I love groups, but none of these new acts ARE groups. They're personalities set to music.

I'm reminded of Adele. Adele came around right at the time when the female pop market was saturated with gimmicky nibodies and people were calling out for someone to bring talent back to the forefront.

Well there is Il Divo

Also dead at Superman's post, drag the filth to the pits.

Artemisia

Banned

I just want a boy band with an interesting sound and not the same female pandering bullshit that all of them rely on. They don't even have to sing well.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
(Going to backtrack to this subject.)

...because....honestly.....there is NO evidence whatsoever to support the notion that 1D are going to be a flash in the pan then gone again in a few months. Historically boybands have 4-5 year life cycles which would give 1D four more years. One Direction is easily the biggest boyband to hit since the late 1990's/early 2000's......and honestly.....their sound isn't even slightly similar to other recent boybands so most of the arguments about disposability are complete smoke and mirrors..

They could be gone soon, they may not. No one really has any credible historical evidence to support any theories outside the 5 year cycle. Its no less stupid to claim that 1D will vanish than it is to predict Rihanna or Katy Perry as so disposable that they will disappear......

Its 100% trolling....you know it....I know it.

He is just blind hating while waiting for his flop faves to release more free EPs to garner attention as they try to reinvent themselves over and over again hoping that in 2 years time one of their songs that is out now will be a hit

ibj7VGxgxGWIF0.gif

Majmun

Yeah, we need another Destiny's Child

DMeisterJ

Banned

We had Danity Kane until Aubrey ruined it. They were pretty great vocalists.

You're late ;_;

But yes, It's not as good as I was heralding earlier, but it's still a great album and I listen to songs from it pretty much daily.
I'm not late. I was stanning Halcyon when it came out, but I just wanted to bring it up again. I still like the album, the tracks I loved I still love, and the tracks I hated I still hate. It's just like Ke$ha's album, it's great, but it gets overlooked because it didn't do Adele numbers.

Yeah, we need another Destiny's Child
I'd much rather another Pussycat Dolls, tbh.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I agree.

A shame they didn't last long enough for people to remember how good they were. Damn Diddy.

lol

I'm glad I can appreciate their discography. Listening to "Damaged" you can hear how well they harmonize and on "Ecstasy" you can hear how distinct and great their sounds are apart, but you can also hear them slay the harmony therein as well. Say what you want about Diddy, he can put a group together pretty efficiently.

Majmun

what has nicole been doing lately tho

did she abandon PCD?

I think she left ages ago. The old PCD doesn't exist anymore.
There seems to be a new fomation. But they seem to be in production hell right now.

And yeah, PCD has some great tracks. Buttons is an eternal jam

Christopher

The wanted dont cater towards females they don't sing that well and have an intersting sound did I not meet his requirements or am I getting shaded on because their not one hit direction?

ikr

that group only exists because its individual members lack so much presence and talent that lumping them together is the only possible way to make them presentable

8f70c6ea.gif

did I lie?

Partially.

Probably true for Louis/Harry/Zayn/Niall at the time. None of them had a shot at X Factor (as I have said before...Zayn has improved greatly since then). Liam was ALWAYS going to make it through one way or another because he is simply a good singer.....but they felt that the group needed one person who could sing (during X Factor Liam did almost all the vocal brunt work) so they added him to the group.

Hope actual truth isn't too inconvenient for you Arte :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom