• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majmun

I've noticed how Koodo never leaves the opportunity to drag Xtina
ibitgX0wBiC5qN.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Succinct and to the point. Your fave should take notes.

This reminds me actually, I was listening to Warrior last night and I was thinking that pop stars need to stop making 15-16
or 20
track albums. Almost every great pop album is ~12 tracks, not 15+. Cut out the bloat, cut out the album tracks.

Mau ®

This reminds me actually, I was listening to Warrior last night and I was thinking that pop stars need to stop making 15-16
or 20
track albums. Almost every great pop album is ~12 tracks, not 15+. Cut out the bloat, cut out the album tracks.

OMG this is so true.

Also I love you *.*

Majmun

or 20

So true. 12 tracks is the max.

Unless you're Janelle Monae *.*

royalan

I've noticed how Koodo never leaves the opportunity to drag Xtina
ibitgX0wBiC5qN.gif

Funny, because the same thing can be said about your vocally diarrhetic fave.

or 20

But your fave is the most guilty of this of any pop star of the last few years. You know who I'm talkin' about...

We had this discussion before, but album length doesn't really bother me in Pop. I'm not usually checking on that in the genre, and most artists aren't going for cohesive progression in their albums these days. The ratio of good tracks to pointless tracks is more important to me.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
So true. 12 tracks is the max.

Unless you're Janelle Monae *.*

I could lose some of the tracks on The ArchAndroid too tbh, I just think that the overall quality and the highs are high enough that the more fillery tracks aren't enough to drag the whole experience down.

But your fave is the most guilty of this of any pop star of the last few years. You know who I'm talkin' about...

Actually, I don't.

Body Talk is longer but as Pt 1, 2 and 3 they're 8, 8, 5 respectively,
Out of Control is 12 tracks,
Aphrodite is 12 tracks,
Visions is 13 tracks,
Channel ORANGE is 17 tracks but Intro and End are intros and outros and there's a few shorter skits,
4 is 12 tracks

Have I missed any?

Besides, if my faves were releasing longer albums, I'd still be critical if they were too long.

Artemisia

Banned
I already complained about the length of albums on a fansite for an artist who just last year put out a bloated album with 14 tracks.

not naming names tho
8f70c6ea.gif

royalan

I could lose some of the tracks on The ArchAndroid too tbh, I just think that the overall quality and the highs are high enough that the more fillery tracks aren't enough to drag the whole experience down.

Actually, I don't.

Body Talk is longer but as Pt 1, 2 and 3 they're 8, 8, 5 respectively,
Out of Control is 12 tracks,
Aphrodite is 12 tracks,
Visions is 13 tracks,
Channel ORANGE is 17 tracks but Intro and End are intros and outros and there's a few shorter skits,
4 is 12 tracks

Have I missed any?

Besides, if my faves were releasing longer albums, I'd still be critical if they were too long.

I was referring to Janelle. But bless you for the bolded.

EDIT: Oops on the double post...

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I was referring to Janelle. But bless you for the bolded.

I just said that I think The ArchAndroid could be a couple of tracks shorter though. I don't much feel Make The Bus or Wondaland.

But I think Suite II as a whole is strong enough to make up for Suite III.
Though I think I & II are altogether the strongest.

[edit]The bolded was because Aphrodylie is one of my faves, not saying it's an amazing or classic album.
Although I do think it's a cut above certain recent efforts I could name.

Artemisia

Banned
...wait HEW are you talking about Lotus just came out this year and has 16 tra--Oh.

OH

8f70c6ea.gif

there are at least 5 tracks on that album that no one uses tbh
8f70c6ea.gif

3 of those tracks are important to the album (one of them is even the title track~) but sound like a filler mess
8f70c6ea.gif

poor dat if only she wasn't overzealous and cut out some songs. though we should to give her some credit for her restraint because have yew heard those bonus tracks? imagine if they made the final cut
8f70c6ea.gif

but HEW am I talking about

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Hey, I dont know about you but she is no longer twenty-two

Celebrate her birthday by buying RED and then wait for her Trouble video later on today
isTkkITR40RoS.gif

Trigger

8f70c6ea.gif

3 of those tracks are important to the album (one of them is even the title track~) but sound like a filler mess
8f70c6ea.gif

poor dat if only she wasn't overzealous and cut out some songs. though we should to give her some credit for her restraint because have yew heard those bonus tracks? imagine if they made the final cut
8f70c6ea.gif

ibmlDEhB7V086b.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
8f70c6ea.gif

8f70c6ea.gif

8f70c6ea.gif

mdma-fuelled itz is coming for your wig gurl

tumblr_m4v9w38ozp1rtlk9qo1_400.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
image.php

I think it's instructive to compare the FLOP MESS of this black and white dude-avatar to my own. And then reflect on your 1D stanning.

Majmun

You are a true Bey stan if you can't recognize the several ways Beyonce bastardizes that poor, poor song.

She does oversing it a bit. I must be honest. But she doesn't miss a note and it sounds pleasant.

You, a Xtina stan, accusing other artists of oversinging is a stretch, though.

royalan

She does oversing it a bit. I must be honest. But she doesn't miss a note and it sounds pleasant.

You, a Xtina stan, accusing other artists of oversinging is a stretch, though.

Not much of a stretch when it comes to Beyonce - one of the few chicks in the game who REGULARLY oversings and porks up their renditions. She's just as guilty of this as Xtina...but I guess it's "slaying" when she does it.

Satch

Banned
You are a true Bey stan if you can't recognize the several ways Beyonce bastardizes that poor, poor song.

He's just glad that it's such a leap beyond the inharmonic vocalization of hunger pains that you and your fave consider to be "singing."

I'm sure that every person on GAF would rather listen to Beyoncé's oft overdone chromatic runs than be subjected to Christina "taking it to church", as you and others like you tend to succinctly put it (it would be nice if your fave knew a thing or two about being succinct, but we can't have everything!).

Although, to be fair, I'm sure that Metal "Real Music" GAF would be delighted to listen to Xtina's sometimes-throaty/sometimes-guttural yelling. I've mentioned it before, and I'll say it again: there is some crossover appeal.

Koodo

Banned
He's just glad that it's such a leap beyond the inharmonic vocalization of hunger pains that you and your fave consider to be "singing."

I'm sure that every person on GAF would rather listen to Beyoncé's oft overdone chromatic runs than be subjected to Christina "taking it to church", as you and others like you tend to succinctly put it (it would be nice if your fave knew a thing or two about being succinct, but we can't have everything!).

Although, to be fair, I'm sure that Metal "Real Music" GAF would be delighted to listen to Xtina's sometimes-throaty/sometimes-guttural yelling. I've mentioned it before, and I'll say it again: there is some crossover appeal.
YAS, don't hold back.

iL6sZHHAHPWuh.gif

Trigger

He looks like a 12 year old child in a suit.

iHGjzUV63y79X.gif

I'd expect a Jake Gylenhaal fan to appreciate boyish good looks tbh.

irUYuAwz6DDhA.gif

Artemisia

Banned

Well, sitting through a church sermon is a truly grueling experience; so I guess the comparison is apt.

Cynosure

What case? One is an impromptu performance, the other is a rehearsed, sound-checked, neutered and boring rendition in front of the President.

I agree, this is one of the cases Xtina has Bey definitely beat.
Christina showed raw emotion and unparalleled power.
Beyonce's sounded so forced and bland. I didn't the performance at all but I think it was because she was nervous considering the occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom