• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.
her teeth always look so good
when I reach her age, I want dentures just like hers
legend.gif

Great....now the first thing I am going to see EVERY time I see a Britney pic is her teeth.

Twas actually successful in almost getting me to ignore the rest of the pic.

Her teeth are flawless....I am jelly

He's just glad that it's such a leap beyond the inharmonic vocalization of hunger pains that you and your fave consider to be "singing."

I'm sure that every person on GAF would rather listen to Beyoncé's oft overdone chromatic runs than be subjected to Christina "taking it to church", as you and others like you tend to succinctly put it (it would be nice if your fave knew a thing or two about being succinct, but we can't have everything!).

Although, to be fair, I'm sure that Metal "Real Music" GAF would be delighted to listen to Xtina's sometimes-throaty/sometimes-guttural yelling. I've mentioned it before, and I'll say it again: there is some crossover appeal.

iJJSMZP4oNgdj.gif

Nemesis_

I won't stand for this terrible shade directed at the Born This Way album.

You cunts know who you are

Unbothered that the stans of both the underdogs and irrelevance, respectively even think their opinion is worth anything more than dust

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I won't stand for this terrible shade directed at the Born This Way album.

You cunts know who you are

Unbothered that the stans of both the underdogs and irrelevance, respectively even think their opinion is worth anything more than dust

we paid it dust for a REASON

iy9wGdG4X9LmW.gif

Mau ®

I can tell that youve been practicing

All those other men we're practice

They were practice

For me, for me

royalan

Promo domo Joe Riccitelli (recently upped to EVP/GM) naturally gets laurels for making their Pop acts pop. “He’s critical,” Corson declares, voicing praise as well for urban promo head Geo Bivins, SVPs of marketing Aaron Borns (Pop and Rock), Lisa Cambridge-Mitchell (Urban and Pop) and Carolyn Williams (mostly Urban), and PR chief Mika El-Baz. “They’re all stars,” he says. Further shout-outs go to RCA head of international John Fleckenstein, digital topper Jennifer Fowler, head of video Samantha Lecca, sales topper Bob Anderson, licensing/brand marketing head Karen Lamberton, finance head Cliff Silver and to Dan Zucker, who runs business and legal affairs.

iL64aq9fh0Crn.gif

I C

So these are the names of the people who need to be fired post-haste.

I agree, this is one of the cases Xtina has Bey definitely beat.
Christina showed raw emotion and unparalleled power.
Beyonce's sounded so forced and bland. I didn't the performance at all but I think it was because she was nervous considering the occasion.

I think it's important to not confuse power and loudness.

royalan

Outside of the obvious (and deserved) RCAncient shade here, I think there might be a valid discussion in this.

RCA acts could be doing a lot better, but let's not pretend that the big story in the music industry for YEARS now hasn't been the steady decline of album sales. I mean, just getting to the 1x platinum mark is considered an accomplishment these days, whereas barely a decade ago that number would be considered a sound flop depending on the type of artist you were.

Sure, you still have artists able to pull in traditionally large numbers. But that's becoming a rarer thing with each passing year.

So is it fair to keep the standards at their traditional level (500k Gold, 1mil Platinum, 10m Diamond etc.) when the realities of the industry no longer reflect what the reality was when those standards were set?

Maybe thread-worthy, Marius?
I would ask Artemesia, but your threads become hits more often than not

Mau ®

Fuck that ni**a that you love so bad

I know you still about the times we had

I say fuck that ni**a that you think you found

And since you picked up I know he's not around

Im just saying you could do better

Tell me have you heard that lately?

And I'll start hating only if you make me :3

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Maybe thread-worthy, Marius?
I would ask Artemesia, but your threads become hits more often than not

I would but I dont really participate in my threads and this seems more like a thread that would need the OP to argue their points back and forth

you should do it tbh
i0yjvlx8kk0At.gif

A shame since RCA has a roster of good artists. Good on Kelly and Pink though.

Yeah...RCA has had a pretty rough year. They have no one to blame but themselves though. They have botched virtually every artists on their roster this year. Kelly and P!nk did well despite RCA's best attempts to drive them into the ground.

royalan

I would but I dont really participate in my threads and this seems more like a thread that would need the OP to argue their points back and forth

you should do it tbh
i0yjvlx8kk0At.gif
Hmmmm...

Yeah...RCA has had a pretty rough year. They have no one to blame but themselves though. They have botched virtually every artists on their roster this year. Kelly and P!nk did well despite RCA's best attempts to drive them into the ground.

I realized this the other day: It's funny how Kelly and Pink are the two pop females doing decently at RCA right now. If I'm remembering correctly, haven't both been vocal in the past about RCA not giving them proper support? Shows what you gotta do to get RCA to get off their ass and support your projects...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom