• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
ec20fb7f.gif
ec20fb7f.gif
ec20fb7f.gif
A truly authentic talented queen and the voice of our generation
ec20fb7f.gif
ec20fb7f.gif
ec20fb7f.gif

I need to dig up my old tweets *.*

Long Live The Queen!

Nemesis_

She's a girl. She's high tooo!!!

I dont know her tho :/

tumblr_mb3vvdjekz1qet36no1_250.gif

(Hey boy)
I don't need to know where you've been,
All I need to know is you and no need for talking.
(Hey boy)
So don't even tell me your name.
All I need to know is whose place.
And let's get walkin'.

tumblr_mb3vvdjekz1qet36no1_250.gif

Seems like being impaired is the only way to enjoy Xtincta's music.

idag4i2mkeEIW.gif

I suppose REAL MUSIC LOVERS and the DRUG ADDLED could be the same thing.

ii7PlHb55dcMP.gif

Cynosure

ITZ, dont forget, you're no longer a Broken Spearit stan
you're free from the wretched curse

dont be afriad to embrace who you really are
you did make the Bionic thread with pure intentions

iwnCW7I3tx8MV.gif

royalan

Grossly overrated? She's easily the most talented melismatic singer of her generation. And yes, as a Mariah stan, I'm well-aware how Mariah's melisma is stitched into the structure of the song in a way that Beyonce's are not and that Mariah is more musical with her implementation. But technically I don't have anything to criticize Beyonce's melisma which is more difficult than anything Christina has ever managed to do well. And no, Christina's random splattering of notes and "notes" are not indicative of her having more potential. There is nothing impressive about that nonsense. And Beyonce's dynamics in chest voice are as impressive as anyone I have heard. And since I know you watched it now, I cannot believe you were not impressed with what you heard in BZBlaner's video. It was not as impressive as the virtuosic display of dynamics in head voice as Whitney showed, but it was the most impressive display I have heard from a female pop singer in chest voice.

I noticed several things in that BZBlaner video:

1) He used way more studio recordings in that video to make a point than he had to for both Mariah and Whitney.
2) He used way more REPEATS than he had to for Mariah and Whitney.
3) Those repeats were from the same handful of performances.

I won't deny that Beyonce is talented. But earth-shankingly talented? No. On Whitney and Mariah's level? Not at all. And that was my point.

ALSO: Christina is capable of more than just a "random splattering of notes"...

"Boring" is a matter of personal taste; she has more than enough variety to satisfy my taste for what I'd like to hear from her. But you also know good and well that there's a lot more to the difficulty of a song than the complexity of the melody. When was the last time Christina managed a song with a high tessitura well? Never?
The majority of Stripped. Fighter specifically. A better question would be when has BEYONCE managed a complete song with a high tessitura well that didn't resort to shouting (her MO with pretty much all of B'Day). Yes, I'm aware that Christina shouts as well, but this is hardly a habit exclusive to her.

When was the last time she managed to show support and proper placement in a song that had wide intervals?
Casa de Mi Padre

Negotiated difficult key changes well?
Sing for Me

Showed flexibility and agility in switching back and forth between head voice and chest voice? I suppose she would need to actually learn how to use head voice, wouldn't she?
Best of Me, Sex for Breakfast

Let's go for something easier: Stayed on pitch for an entire performance? Oh, I suppose that is a bit far.
Understand - and not ONLY does she stay on pitch. She executes a more difficult song than the majority of Beyonce's catalog.

These are all examples that I was able to come up with without much thought. I could come up with more if I were so inclined. You should become better acquainted with Xtina's work if you're going to drag her for it.

And why do you care if she has always reached for the stars when she has never shown any evidence live that we should take her studio vocals as an accurate representation of her ability as a singer? Does Christina have a song as difficult as Countdown? Or Love On Top? Please.

I could just as easily ask when has Beyonce shown the same vulnerability as a song like "I Am" the feistiness of "Fighter" or the sheer vocal magnitude that had people comparing Christina to Mariah with songs like "Keep Singing My Song". But I know Beyonce's catalog so I could confidently tell you that the answer is never.

And what is so difficult about Countdown? Understand has a more dynamic melody (and consistently so. Countdown loses the point of being a song with it's scatterbrained everywhere-ness) and structure on single lines than that song does.

This is delusional! Beyonce as a technically accomplished vocalist - from her debut solo album - is capable of everything that Christina has put out in her studio work. If you put her in front of a studio mic and told her to sing Christina's songs, she could do it. Could Christina do the same for Beyonce's more difficult material?

Christina could sing all of Beyonce's catalog because Beyonce doesn't really do anything out of her league, especially if we're putting both girls in the studio. The ranges are similar. The acrobatics are similar. I suppose the same thing could be said about Beyonce, but Beyonce has not demonstrated the same level of variety in her studio recordings, which is what I'm dragging her for. Her vocals are always heavy handed. Her interpretation always one-note.

You may have an argument that artistically or musically these are beyond Beyonce's reach, but I don't really have an interest in that argument. What I do know is that you don't have an argument against Beyonce being a far more technically accomplished singer than Christina. And precisely what about Loving Me 4 Me are you claiming she couldn't do? What about that song is beyond her proficiency?

Artistic approach, which is something that definitely matters to me as I'm a fan of a records first and live recordings second. Beyonce has not demonstrated a single thing in a studio recording that I couldn't also demonstrate Christina as capable of in a similar song without much thought. I could also do the reverse.

Let me refresh your memory:

Excuse you? Whitney has the stuff that you want. She's got the thing that you need. Whitney's got more than enough to make you drop to your knees.

You need to reacquaint yourself with Whitney's discography and versatility if you're saying nonsense like that. Acting like Whitney has less versatility than Mariah. The nerve.

I love Whitney. I wasn't dragging her with that comment! But I do think Mariah is more versatile. Mariah has genuine CLUB BANGERS in her catalog. I can't say the same about Whitney outside of her dance remixes.

Not gonna lie, "Loving Me For Me" (and the accompanying interlude) are slaying my soul. Not sure how I missed it since I've listened to Stripped and absolutely adore the similarly sexual pair "Morning Dessert"/"Sex for Breakfast" on Bionic.

Still convinced that Lotus is hot trash though and that Xtina will never be on my radar unless she latches onto her so very obvious calling to become the great R&B singer of her generation.

Such an utter waste.

botty

Banned
Not gonna lie, "Loving Me For Me" (and the accompanying interlude) are slaying my soul. Not sure how I missed it since I've listened to Stripped and absolutely adore the similarly sexual pair "Morning Dessert"/"Sex for Breakfast" on Bionic.

Still convinced that Lotus is hot trash though and that Xtina will never be on my radar unless she latches onto her so very obvious calling to become the great R&B singer of her generation.

Such an utter waste.

Yes, I was listening to stripped earlier, and had that on repeat.

xcABM.gif

Nemesis_

omgGNGN eiwonf;nfowenfweo

AHS

vbiluwbiufbnweifhnqoubeofbqeib qb oqebfoqeb qofbnqguqnegqeieqeq

KIT

GRACE
fnwnf4ewnfqwnfeqn

PEPPER
nwv]ingvuiwnfvnewifneweqi

PREGANNCNIES
BD qbuicwbndjd

royalan

Such an utter waste.

Can we talk about Xtina's flawless interludes tho? I know you agree.

Love's Embrace (Interlude) is so damn pretty...

Mau ®

I swear im not bragging but i just has sex 14 times.

Im a fucking beast!!!!!

EDIT: Modmei dont ban me im really a good guy!!!

Mother mary i swear i wanna chnageee!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom