• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majmun

Time for a new page

iUt7Zh6yaOAel.gif

Artemisia

Banned
I don't know any album called #UNAPOLOGETIC

So here's my Unapologetic review:

Try hard Sia vocals set to sloppy, quickly-put-together beats. There are a couple of bops but the rest is filler trash. Standard Rihanna fare.

4/10

DMeisterJ

Banned
^ I want a star for my #UNAPOLOGETIC review tho

I don't know any album called #UNAPOLOGETIC

So here's my Unapologetic review:

Try hard Sia vocals set to sloppy, quickly-put-together beats. There are a couple of bops but the rest is filler trash. Standard Rihanna fare.

4/10

I can't wait until this thread gets back to dragging you on the regular. You deserve it. What a flop ATRL mess you are. No wonder they got rid of you. And here you are to shit up POP-GAF. Kindly do us all a favor and follow your fellow #NATION member and ban yourself.

121wqx1xeddh.gif

royalan

Can't wait for the Pulitzer-worthy text that will be Mumei's Mariah Carey review.

It'll be taught at the university level, tbh...

royalan

Why don't I take a crack at it...

Track 1 -
220px-MadonnaTheFirstAlbum1983AlbumCover.jpg

Track 2 -
LikeAVirgin1984.png

Track 3 -
220px-Mdna-standard-edition-cover.jpg

Track 4 -
220px-HardCandyAlbumCover.PNG

Track 5 -
220px-Confessions_On_A_Dancefloor.jpg

Track 6 -
220px-AmericanLife2003.png

Track 7 -
220px-Madonna_-_Music_%28album%29.jpg

Track 8 -
220px-Madonna_-_Like_a_Prayer.jpg

Track 9 -
Truebluealbum.jpeg

Track 10 -
220px-Original_Erotica_Cover.jpg

Bonus track 1 -
220px-I%27mBreathless.jpg

Bonus track 2 -
220px-Evita_%28soundtrack%29.jpg

Calling it now: this will be remembered as one of the shadiest moments of OT3. Just....bravo.

Artemisia

Banned
I can't wait until this thread gets back to dragging you on the regular. You deserve it. What a flop ATRL mess you are. No wonder they got rid of you. And here you are to shit up POP-GAF. Kindly do us all a favor and follow your fellow #NATION member and ban yourself.

121wqx1xeddh.gif

Seethe.

bqc-2fb_originallzsx0.gif

Majmun

botty...

idBhPzxHp0vG0.gif

I'm sure you will be back to it once Gaga gives your flop another worldwide hit

tumblr_mcchcoKrHH1qdmb8eo1_500.png

tumblr_mcchcoKrHH1qdmb8eo2_500.png

Could be false alarm, though. Wasn't Telephoe a continuation of Paparazzi? It's not clear if Beyonce will actually participate in the next project (and improve it)

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Like if the Madonna comparisons havent be done to death

but I guess for an Xtina stan that only bops to expired Max Martin beats it might still feel fresh
iJplEQ0FGYJxU.gif

Mau ®

Max Martin gave Taylor the best bops. He gave Xtina some Femme Fatale reject. Even Carly Rae Jepsen's Max Martin song is better. Poor dat kiiii

Artemisia

Banned
For sure. The Martin produced tracks on Red all sound fresh and exciting, and didn't Roy himself say something about Your Body have 90s production? Yeah...

G1gOY.gif

Majmun

Your Body sounds more fresh than anything Taylor has sung in her entire career. I have listened to RED and it's such a tiring album tbh.

There's like no jam on it, whatsoever.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
kiiiii, I know TayLoRD used him, but he gave her anthems while he gave Xtina something out of 2008
ib0Q9ia6abjESe.gif

Career Suicide for Xtina.
ibndtDD20RHHpF.gif

Your Body sounds more fresh than anything Taylor has sung in her entire career. I have listened to RED and it's such a tiring album tbh.

If by fresh you mean something that sounds early 2000s sure.

ibfO15nNS2R0JJ.gif

Majmun

I'm really tying to like RED. But it's not working. Maybe I'll give Taylor another chance when that whiny 11 year old girl escapes her body.

For now she's nothing more than a glorified Carly Rae Japsen imo.

Artemisia

Banned

9DB63F53-0C05-4825-9FC8-0BFB422CAF1F-23603-00001469A727BE6D_zpsa0343926.jpg

In the case of the Taylor Swift album, RED, not having any jams on it, the lie detector test has determined, that was a lie.

Screen%20Shot%202012-10-23%20at%208.02.57%20PM.png

Artemisia

Banned
I don't see what's wrong with the narrow theme so long as the songs are written well, which for the most part, they are.

Is adele's take on breakups suddenly more mature because she looks older, is bigger, and has a more soulful sound?

Majmun

In the case of the Taylor Swift album, RED, not having any jams on it, the lie detector test has determined, that was a lie.

It has a great beat, I can't deny that. RED's production is above average, that's fo sure.

But her sound is just so boring. Her vocals are so monotone and her tone is very whiny. Maybe it's just me, it's not my thing.

Mau ®

TAYLORD is DESTROYING the charts.

Red, the fourth studio album from six-time Grammy Award winner Taylor Swift, was released worldwide just yesterday (October 22nd), and the disc is already notching striking sales numbers and widespread critical acclaim.

Red topped the all-genre Top Albums chart at iTunes within 36 minutes of release, and first day sales at iTunes alone topped 262,000 albums. Taylor scored 13 of the Top 20 songs on iTunes, with the song “Everything Has Changed” taking the #1 position on the all-genre Top Songs chart. Thus far, Red has sold 4.5 million song downloads at iTunes in the U.S. alone. At Target, Taylor’s Speak Now album had the highest one-week sales in the retailer’s history. Red has now set their record for Day One sales and is on pace to exceed Speak Now’s one week results.

Worldwide, Red reached #1 at iTunes on the first day of release in 32 countries, including the UK, Australia, Singapore, Brazil, Canada, Italy, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Vietnam, Denmark, Venezuela, Thailand, and Ireland.

With Red, Taylor has set a new Billboard record -- for the most rapid accumulation of 50 Hot 100 hits in history, reaching the milestone just six years and one month after her 2006 chart debut. Aretha Franklin previously held the record, with a stretch of just over 14 years and six months, and Taylor is one of only five women in the 54-year history of the chart to reach this milestone (joining Franklin, Madonna, Connie Francis and Dionne Warwick).

Taylor Swift’s Red is also impressive in its widespread critical acclaim, garnering stellar praise from top critics around the globe.

legend.gif
legend.gif
legend.gif
legend.gif
legend.gif
legend.gif
legend.gif
legend.gif
legend.gif
legend.gif
legend.gif
legend.gif