• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Closest she'll ever get to iconic

RA99T.gif

remain seated

well no one is denying that

ib0Q9ia6abjESe.gif

Artemisia

Banned
State Of Grace has been giving me so much LIFFFFE

ib0HjRGq9FFhtu.gif

So you were never a saint
And I’ve loved in shades of wrong
We learn to live with the pain
Mosaic broken hearts
But this love is brave and wild HEEYYYYYYYYY

That part gives me so much life I justttttT

LK0aw.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
So you were never a saint
And I’ve loved in shades of wrong
We learn to live with the pain
Mosaic broken hearts
But this love is brave and wild HEEYYYYYYYYY

That part gives me so much life I justttttT

LK0aw.gif

MHM

ib0HjRGq9FFhtu.gif

But my favorite part is how soothingly she says:

This is the state of grace
This is the worthwhile fight
Love is a ruthless game
Unless you play it good and right

I cannot

ib0HjRGq9FFhtu.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Knowing Taylor, this is probably about sign language.

ijo2iXpdnkhaw.gif

Thats the beauty about Taylor, she could be singing about going down on someone
and it will sound like if its about eating breakfast... her voice and image is just so innocent
The things she could get away with
iq52Qq3QUy4wS.gif

SaintZ

State of Grace is good but it reminds me too much of The Cranberries and because of that I keep waiting for Taylor to reach higher notes during the song. Still, I like it a lot and I think I'll check RED out to see what the fuzz is about.

Mau ®

I know quite a few of you guys (mainly Koodo) have stanned the song Wonder by Naughty Boy feat. Emeli Sandé

Well now comes the news that this duo have written a song for Unapologetic called "Side Effects". Rihanna has been heavily tweeting #SideEffects a lot for the past few months and its also featured on the album cover. I have a feeling this is the second single... or will be a single at some point.

Naughty Boy also produced another song for Unapologetic called "The Half of It". It made Rihanna cry.
‘When they played it to her she cried. It was the week her grandmother died and it’s quite an emotional song, it’s called The Half Of It.’

Seems like the tone of the album will be more serious? Im excited!!

Peru

Was she talking about the Rated R album? Because that one did have some great and pretty brutal lyrics. God I miss that golden peak of her career.

Bladenic

I know quite a few of you guys (mainly Koodo) have stanned the song Wonder by Naughty Boy feat. Emeli Sandé

Well now comes the news that this duo have written a song for Unapologetic called "Side Effects". Rihanna has been heavily tweeting #SideEffects a lot for the past few months and its also featured on the album cover. I have a feeling this is the second single... or will be a single at some point.

Naughty Boy also produced another song for Unapologetic called "The Half of It". It made Rihanna cry.

Seems like the tone of the album will be more serious? Im excited!!

Too bad Rihanna can't sing like Emeli Sande though. "Wonder" is amazing, Rih could never.

royalan

e6FVd.jpg

Ok ok ok, before any of you gurls go there - yes, I SEE the cameltoe.

But other than that the hair is styled nicely.

She's wearing just the right amount of makeup without going overboard.

She looks thinner?

I LOVE that jacket.

I wish she was wearing something (ANYTHING) other than those damn black leggings she can't seem to let go of.

BUT

Other than that.

This is a good look for her.

Too bad this was taken at the Samsung Galaxy Note II launch earlier today, which is not a good look for her. Apple, sweetie. Apple.

3phemeral

e6FVd.jpg

Ok ok ok, before any of you gurls go there - yes, I SEE the cameltoe.

But other than that the hair is styled nicely.

She's wearing just the right amount of makeup without going overboard.

She looks thinner?

I LOVE that jacket.

I wish she was wearing something (ANYTHING) other than those damn black leggings she can't seem to let go of.

BUT

Other than that.

This is a good look for her.

Too bad this was taken at the Samsung Galaxy Note II launch earlier today, which is not a good look for her. Apple, sweetie. Apple.
Don't like the hat or the hair, but she looks good.

That is some fierce camel toe, though.

It's a shame how every time new photos come out, her fans jump at excitement over the prospect of her being thinner. It's like they never heard Beautiful.

royalan

Don't like te hat or the hair, but she looks good.

That is some fierce camel toe, though.

It's a shame how every time new photos come out, her fans jump at excitement over the prospect of her being thinner. It's like they never heard Beautiful.

Oh please.

If Christina likes her weight I love her weight. I'm a child of R&B, which means I have no problem with stanning for the big girls.

I'm just making an observation. She looks noticeably thinner than she did just last week on Chelsea Lately.

Keep trying tho, false stan. ;)

3phemeral

Oh please.

If Christina likes her weight I love her weight. I'm a child of R&B, which means I have no problem with stanning for the big girls.

I'm just making an observation. She looks noticeably thinner than she did just last week on Chelsea Lately.

Keep trying tho, false stan. ;)
If you read my exchange with Xao, you should have realized I never said stan, I said fan. Keep your facts straight, sis.

me8F5.gif

My stanning was a long time ago. She doesn't work hard enough to deserve it, tbh.

121wqx1xeddh.gif

royalan

If you read my exchange with Xao, you should have realized I never said stan, I said fan. Keep your facts straight, sis.

me8F5.gif

My stanning was a long time ago. She doesn't work hard enough to deserve it, tbh.

121wqx1xeddh.gif

Well, whatever you are, you sure make a point of calling out her stans over any possible reason. ;)

BTW, she still hasn't delivered that dissertation on the religious implications surrounding why she chose the name Lotus for her album. Mad?

me8F5.gif

3phemeral

Well, whatever you are, you sure make a point of calling out her stans over any possible reason. ;)

me8F5.gif

Because I find her fans to be incredibly funny contradictions of themselves. If you're ever a fan of schadenfreude, they're a tough act to follow.

But the point of the matter is, did I lie?

aFG0d.gif

BTW, she still hasn't delivered that dissertation on the religious implications surrounding why she chose the name Lotus for her album. Mad?

Part of not being a stan anymore is that I'm no longer emotionally invested in her success. This "dissatisfaction" you speak of can be found in same place Your Body is:

Nowhere.

LeFWI.gif

But I don't know, sis, do you think she's thinner?

me8F5.gif

royalan

Because I find her fans to be incredibly funny contradictions of themselves. If you're ever a fan of schadenfreude, they're a tough act to follow.

But the point of the matter is, did I lie?

ldVQs.gif

What's so contradictory about pointing out that she looks thinner?

I think the problem with your perception of Xtina stans is that they must act like venerable Buddhas in order for you to be at peace with them. And, oh, you're not at peace, or else you wouldn't be so vacuum pressed over her stans.

For example, I'm sure Adele stans have long-since come to terms with the fact that their fave looks like John Goodman in one of Beyonce's leftover "B-Day" lacefronts. But do you honestly think that if she showed up to a press event having lost a noticeable amount of weight that there wouldn't be any discussion?

If Xtina shows up to something looking like she's dropped 10 pounds in the span of a week, you best believe the stans are going to notice and talk, and it has nothing to do with being uncomfortable with her weight gain. It's a noticeable change, and in describing her appearance at this Flopsung event, it was noted.

tl;dr: Lie detected.

PS. Not exactly sure how this is an example of schadenfreude at play, but whatevs.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....*negativeman.gif*

3phemeral

What's so contradictory about pointing out that she looks thinner?

That part of the comment wasn't even about you, but you replied for some reason.

me8F5.gif

I think the problem with your perception of Xtina stans is that they must act like venerable Buddhas in order for you to be at peace with them. And, oh, you're not at peace, or else you wouldn't be so vacuum pressed over her stans.
Nope.

I simply comment on Xtina more because my former days of stannage allow me to know more. Can I help that it presses your buttons?

me8F5.gif

For example, I'm sure Adele stans have long-since come to terms with the fact that their fave looks like John Goodman in one of Beyonce's leftover "B-Day" lacefronts. But do you honestly think that if she showed up to a press event having lost a noticeable amount of weight that there wouldn't be any discussion?
The difference, though, is that Adele stans would never go in and someone else's weight.
Dn55A.gif

If Xtina shows up to something looking like she's dropped 10 pounds in the span of a week, you best believe the stans are going to notice and talk, and it has nothing to do with being uncomfortable with her weight gain. It's a noticeable change, and in describing her appearance at this Flopsung event, it was noted.
Nope:

UjBVFl.jpg

PS. Not exactly sure how this is an example of schadenfreude at play, but whatevs.
j80Pe.gif

tl;dr: Lie detected.
s9ajH.gif

royalan

The difference, though, is that Adele stans would never go in and someone else's weight.

LOL - have you been following POP GAF at all? Obviously not if you stand behind a comment like that.

Also, the implication here is that Xtina stans malign other celebs for their weight. When has that been done here? Or are you once again referring to this nefarious horde of Xtina stans that lie under some bridge elsewhere, waiting to be used as an example in a crossfire with me?

me8F5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom