• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Everyone should be watching X-Factor right now

iYk9Wgo6wiz9o.gif

Styles

- "Red" earned the biggest sales week for any album in over a decade
- "Red" sold two albums every second last week in the U.S
- "Red" accounted for 19.3% of all albums sold in the U.S. last week.
- One out of every five albums sold in the United States was a copy of "Red"
- "Red's" share of the country market was a whopping 62.6%.
- "Red" is already the third biggest selling album of 2012
- "Red" outsold the entire top 50...combined.
- "Red" already has the most album sales in Target history.
- "Red" holds the record for most albums sold on iTunes during the first week of release with 465,000 copies.

Edit for Redundancy -_~

Godney is just visiting for this week's festivities. Kellegend will be back in time for the musical opus of humanity, PEOPLE LIKE US.
Happy to hear that. :D

Since we are on the subject of Kellegend, I'm not in love with "Don't Rush". I'm usually all for country Kelly, but the song is just... unexciting. I kind of like it, but that's about it. I hope that "People Like Us" is indeed the smash I want to hear from Kellegend.

Mau ®

RT

- "Red" earned the biggest sales week for any album in over a decade
- "Red" sold two albums every second last week in the U.S
- "Red" accounted for 19.3% of all albums sold in the U.S. last week.
- One out of every five albums sold in the United States was a copy of "Red"
- "Red's" share of the country market was a whopping 62.6%.
- "Red" is already the third biggest selling album of 2012
- "Red" outsold the entire top 50...combined.
- "Red" already has the most album sales in Target history.
- "Red" holds the record for most albums sold on iTunes during the first week of release with 465,000 copies.

Edit for Redundancy -_~

Happy to hear that. :D

Since we are on the subject of Kellegend, I'm not in love with "Don't Rush". I'm usually all for country Kelly, but the song is just... unexciting. I kind of like it, but that's about it. I hope that "People Like Us" is indeed the smash I want to hear from Kellegend.
Yeah, I'm not feeling Don't Rush either. It's very old school country, though, so I'm hoping that it'll help people from the country world get over the fact that a pop star is ~invading their format.

Kyon

Banned
It's not even NOVEMBER yet. Xtina is going to flop. All her Stans gonn download this because they won't be able to wait and won't buy the album.

SHUT IT DOWN.

DO PROMO.

DO SOMETHING

We can't have ANOTHER BIONIC. Because lord knows if that happens she is finished for good.

Rise from the ashes tbh

You are CHRISTINA AGUILERA a Pop Princess for Gods sakes -____-

Bladenic

It's not even NOVEMBER yet. Xtina is going to flop. All her Stans gonn download this because they won't be able to wait and won't buy the album.

SHUT IT DOWN.

DO PROMO.

DO SOMETHING

We can't have ANOTHER BIONIC. Because lord knows if that happens she is finished for good.

Rise from the ashes tbh

What kind of prophetic tea?

royalan

WOW

Honestly, I didn't think I would like "Circles" because the lyrics just seemed like they would be TOO RAUNCHY.

But she sings them so playfully it balances it out.

Might be one of my favorite tracks, tbh...

I'm sorry, and I know these are just snippets...but this album sounds like PURE FUCKING BOPS.

The Lotus snippets are just wow. This album sounds amazing. :O I'm not even bandwagon stanning either. These clips sound that CRAZY GOOD. Great job Christina.

I'mma keep my opinion to myself for now because it's not fair to judge from 20 second snippets but...yeah, I definitely don't hear any Stripped in this. It sounds totally different than the rest of her albums.

royalan

BOTTY SIS

I love how FRESH it all sounds!

ibt3cNRSBe5HKM.gif

I love how playful she sounds on a lot of tracks!

ibt3cNRSBe5HKM.gif

"The funny thing about hurt people, is they tend to hurt people."

ibt3cNRSBe5HKM.gif

This album is on a new vocal LEVEL for our Queen.

ibt3cNRSBe5HKM.gif

I honestly can't pick a favorite snippet yet, but I'm will say I'm surprised by how much I'm BOPPING to Circles.

royalan

"YOU GOT SOME NERVE NOW BABY DON'T YOU!?

I NEVA CARE ABOUT HALF THE SHIT THAT COMES OUT. YOUR. MOUTH."

Spit that FIRE Urbantina!

iG6g1VWrXPJRB.gif

botty

Banned
BOTTY SIS

I love how FRESH it all sounds!

I love how playful she sounds on a lot of tracks!

"The funny thing about hurt people, is they tend to hurt people."

This album is on a new vocal LEVEL for our Queen.

I honestly can't pick a favorite snippet yet, but I'm will say I'm surprised by how much I'm BOPPING to Circles.

I CAN'T with this album slaying me so hard from the snippets.

ibt3cNRSBe5HKM.gif

~Spin around in circles on mah middle middle middle fingah.... siiiiit on my middle fingah~

ibt3cNRSBe5HKM.gif

There so many anthems on this album.. Cease Fire, Your Body, Around the World. When will Bernard?

ibt3cNRSBe5HKM.gif

Let There Be Love and Red Hot Kinda Love are GIVING me TEW MUCH LIFE.

ibt3cNRSBe5HKM.gif

Koodo

Banned
LOTUS sounds like another haphazard collection of songs with the most stale production this side of MDNA (fittingly, one snippet even sounds like Girls Gone Wild).

The Sia track seems lovely, but then one wonders how much better it would sound with Sia herself.

royalan

^^ Bye Gurl Fly Gurl this sounds like nothing on radio right now (....except for Let There Be Love. I'll agree with that. Giving me Chris Brown "Turn Up The Music" teas ;___;)

Anyway, this album is definitely strong on the Urban Pop. I'm loving ALL of the Alex Da Kid tracks. I even like what we can hear of "Just A Fool" her duet with Blake. I can't wait to hear some chorus. A lot of these snippets seem to be revving up to huge moments.

Mau ®

I like some songs like Red Hot Kinda Love which sound like absolute JAMS. But there's also a lot of songs that seem pretty uninteresting.

Let There Be Love sounds A LOT like Girl Gone Wild btw. kiii

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom