• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try listening the album while you are relaxed doing not much. Maybe reading a book or eating. Maybe even posting on gaf. If it doesnt click at least you tried.

Will try it.

Maybe I will give it a listen while I am working on graphics for my album reviews later tonight.

Mumei

Roy you don't agree with Waffle given how often you've jokingly shaded her or poked fun at something she's done.

I will not lower my standards for you or anyone else.

ij9HkzKaGvrLq.gif

You know, when you post stuff like this in relation to how you define what a "stan" is, it makes you look ridiculous. Bladenic is right. This is not that serious.

You are doing the equivalent of saying "You can't call yourself a fan of a sports team if you ever make fun of them!!1!!" and then when someone disagrees with such a prima facie ridiculous definition, you say "lolol u mad i'm not lowering my standards!!1"

"Stanning" as it is used here has never referred to much more than a more emotionally invested form of being a fan. That's it. If you think that means never ever saying anything bad about them, have a cookie. Good for you. You don't get to arbitrarily decide that when someone else refers to himself as a stan, that that is what they mean.

And don't say a thing to me about definitions. It is a made-up meme word on the Internets; it does not have an Official Definition in the first place.

Trigger

So.....just curious. What music DONT you like?

I need some context.

If I am going to try to like Kiss.....I need to do it after I determine that its popgaf stan is not a crazyman.

lol, I can't think of anything straight off the bat. I have every genre on my iPod, but don't judge Carly by her stans. Kiss is worth listening to on Spotify/Youtube.

He doesn't like Kesha.

Baby when we're touching in the dark, can you feel it?
I can hear the pounding of my heart, can you feel it?
When you take my body to the stars, I believe it
Boy this love is supernatural, can you feel it?

Come, take me by the hand
Wanna cross the line, baby go ahead
Till the morning light, watch my silhouette
Cause you know tonight, we're gonna wake the dead

iK6ervwGLV1f0.gif

Warrior was a weak album IMO, but I still use some Ke$ha songs.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Yeah, I feel people don't give her enough credit and this is why it pains me that she's not smashing in the US. *sigh* Maybe next era.

Also, this Carly talk make me want to listen to Curiosity (original version of course) :X

I think people are just dragging the SNL fail too long. I remember a few people calling her an Adele wannabe which I dont see the resemblance. It's sad but overall she its doing good world wide. So as long as she is doing alright and releasing more stuff all its good.

DMeisterJ

Banned
ij9HkzKaGvrLq.gif

You know, when you post stuff like this in relation to how you define what a "stan" is, it makes you look ridiculous. Bladenic is right. This is not that serious.

You are doing the equivalent of saying "You can't call yourself a fan of a sports team if you ever make fun of them!!1!!" and then when someone disagrees with such a prima facie ridiculous definition, you say "lolol u mad i'm not lowering my standards!!1"

"Stanning" as it is used here has never referred to much more than a more emotionally invested form of being a fan. That's it. If you think that means never ever saying anything bad about them, have a cookie. Good for you. You don't get to arbitrarily decide that when someone else refers to himself as a stan, that that is what they mean.

And don't say a thing to me about definitions. It is a made-up meme word on the Internets; it does not have an Official Definition in the first place.

Educate. Them. Modmei.

There's a reason why you're the teacher in the class pic. This is the reason.

Roy you don't agree with Waffle given how often you've jokingly shaded her or poked fun at something she's done.

ij9HkzKaGvrLq.gif

Actually yeah. I kind of can.

Thats the nice thing about arbitrary definitions. They are arbitrary and up for discussion. I have mine and I intend to stick to it.....it is obvious that many other people agree.

If people want to get upset over my definition more power to them.....

ibqCGgdQZAZBpC.gif

Even made up internet terms develop actual standard definitions over time.....I really do think that being a "stan" implies a certain amount of loyalty.

ij9HkzKaGvrLq.gif

ileLIO3rEC3cF.gif

Actually yeah. I kind of can.

Thats the nice thing about arbitrary definitions. They are arbitrary and up for discussion. I have mine and I intend to stick to it.....it is obvious that many other people agree.

If people want to get upset over my definition more power to them.....

Even made up internet terms develop actual standard definitions over time.....I really do think that being a "stan" implies a certain amount of loyalty.

ibgAK1aSNKI08o.gif

SaintZ

I hate to say it, but that SNL backfire really did a number on her. I really think she would be doing a lot better in the US if that hadn't happened. Lana was proof this year that there IS such a thing a bad publicity. ;___;
I think people are just dragging the SNL fail too long.
I agree about the SNL stuff being the main reason but if Ashlee Simpson could overcome it (which in my opinion was way worse) so can Lana ;__;

Nemesis_

Here are the number of votes for worst pop record.

and here are the number of votes for most anticipated artist

Majmun

I consider myself a Bey stan. But I like to make fun of her sometimes too. It's no biggie

And when are the POPGAF Grammy's going to start
i4KPzU23rV7Lp.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I disagree with Mumei, maybe a stan just means a highly devoted fan HERE in PopGaf but in the rest of the internet world a stan praises their fave any chance they get, they buy their products whenever they can, they argue endlessly to determine their iconic level, they know every performance, how many hits they have had, their sales, each piece of news, and they DONT make fun of their fave unless they are in the presence of their fellow stans. If all you do is talk about your fave on the internet and dont support them any other way than I have another term for that: flop stan

ibYuLT3nMVHs6.gif

Each time I made fun of Gaga it was always near Nem, Koodo, or someone else that likes Gaga because they understand the reference
and might get pressed, kiiii

Also looks like Nem is up
ig01b0HGws2hK.gif

3phemeral

I blame the speed of popgafs posting to nem's script. I visit this place 3x more often now because of the quick-access tab, but everyone else posts 1000000xs more than I do. What kind of drug?!

Majmun

bey stan

xtina stan

ic this hatesex

i approve
iZLOBpqYcLOCw.gif

We gon’ take it to the moon, take it to the stars
How many people you know can take it this far?
I’m supercharged
I’m ’bout to take this whole thing to Mars

Now we gon’ take it to the moon, take it to the stars
You don’t know what we been through to make it this far
So many scars
‘Bout to take this whole thing to Mars

ibeKzQY8O4jqMh.gif

I disagree with Mumei, maybe a stan just means a highly devoted fan HERE in PopGaf but in the rest of the internet world a stan praises their fave any chance they get, they buy their products whenever they can, they argue endlessly to determine their iconic level, they know every performance, how many hits they have had, their sales, each piece of news, and they DONT make fun of their fave unless they are in the presence of their fellow stans. If all you do is talk about your fave on the internet and dont support them any other way than I have another term for that: flop stan

ibYuLT3nMVHs6.gif

Each time I made fun of Gaga it was always near Nem, Koodo, or someone else that likes Gaga because they understand the reference
and might get pressed, kiiii

Marisus showing of his superior knowledge of internet lingo.

i9MuHgeVOKW3r.gif

Modmei should be taking notes.

Styles

The Vita is flopping so hard that it even got a thread in the Charts section on ATRL. No one seems to care enough to report it, it's quite funny.

iLFtq5gD4BnP4.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom