• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
Who can hate on Nostalgia-Ultra?? It's amazing.That's when the Frank Ocean hype started
Can't believe het topped that with Channel Orange

The Grammies are going to be amazing.
Counting the days as we speak
iscdVkvEW12vL.gif

Yes they will.

iXV9Ag90yOEPJ.gif

Well people did come for me when I started shading Kesha for flopping, despite me saying that I still stan for ha since I liked Warrior. I just dragged ha because 1) she did flop and 2) I ain't trying to channel the delusions of other stans of other even less successful artists.

I don't think you understand what a "stan" is.

A true stan does not shade their fav....there are plenty of other people for that. When you fav flops you endure it with good grace....you don't pile on. That is essentially the essence of bandwagoning.

ibtySLHvOdI2Jy.gif

botty

Banned

A true stan does not shade their fav....there are plenty of other people for that. When you fav flops you endure it with good grace....you don't pile on. That is essentially the essence of bandwagoning.

ibtySLHvOdI2Jy.gif

Educate ha. In fact I think a few people probably need lesson in what it actually means to stan for someone.

iGXnEOjufLayV.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

ibtySLHvOdI2Jy.gif

I've said that I like you right? I like you if I haven't said so.

botty

Banned
You melting down after Frank wins his Grammy's
Royalan having AT LEAST FIVE strokes over Pepcé's slayage

Yes, 2013 is going to start amazingly
iweJt2bY6XqXr.gif

I hope Beyonce's album isn't good. I might have to renew my beyhive card that I burnt years ago.
icMnJ2z5KlPdF.gif

Vazra

You melting down after Frank wins his Grammy's
Royalan having AT LEAST FIVE strokes over Pepcé's slayage

Yes, 2013 is going to start amazingly
iweJt2bY6XqXr.gif

If Royalan were like Icicle and write a big essay of how Beyonce ruins the black community with the bleaching, thieving etc.

I don't know if I could read all that without laughing. (I would probably suffocate while laughing)

Bladenic

ibtySLHvOdI2Jy.gif

I think I don't give a fuck about definitions. If we go by definition of what it means to be a stan, then I don't qualify regardless nor do I care. And by the by, a stan is way more than what most people here do. Kyon is about the only true stan in this thread anyway.

And if shading your fave disqualifies you, then I guess Marius isn't a Gaga stan.

Basically it's not serious. Get over it.

i7ShARklfvDEE.gif

Vazra

I think I don't give a fuck about definitions. If we go by definition of what it means to be a stan, then I don't qualify regardless nor do I care. And by the by, a stan is way more than what most people here do. Kyon is about the only true stan in this thread anyway.

i7ShARklfvDEE.gif

Trying to downgrade everyone to your level isn't really changing things in your favor tho.
iboyJrJ8MEK8RS.gif

botty

Banned

The monsters aren't going to like this.
ibfuv4fUKpxksR.gif

And if shading your fave disqualifies you, then I guess Marius isn't a Gaga stan.

Basically it's not serious. Get over it.

Someone is taking things personally....nerve struck?

in4DgNxeI3Yit.jpg

I will not lower my standards for you or anyone else.

Using words then ignoring their definitions is not really rational.....if you don't want to be known as a stan....don't call yourself one.

Actions have consequences....getting mad won't change that.

Aguila

#ICONIC
If

You

Cut

A piece

Of

Guitar string

I

Would

Wear it

It's

A wedding ring

Wrapped around my finger
You know what I meeeaaan?

tumblr_m81e6qOXNy1qjvthho2_250.gif

royalan

I agree with Waffle *.*

There are lots of acts that get discussed in here that I like, even love, but I've only referred to myself as a stan for ONE. Not that I couldn't stan others, but "Stanning" for an artist implies a deeper connection to me, so I usually don't use the term for artists I just like.

Although, Lana has been getting pretty darn close to stan status for me.

Vazra

Someone is taking things personally....nerve struck?

in4DgNxeI3Yit.jpg

I will not lower my standards for you or anyone else.

Using words then ignoring their definitions is not really rational.....if you don't want to be known as a stan....don't call yourself one.

Actions have consequences....getting mad won't change that.

Gasping for Air.
ibxVWUr30X1GgN.gif

I agree with Waffle *.*

There are lots of acts that get discussed in here that I like, even love, but I've only referred to myself as a stan for ONE. Not that I couldn't stan others, but "Stanning" for an artist implies a deeper connection to me, so I usually don't use the term for artists I just like.

For me its always been Kelly. 1D is a fairly new thing but I do feel like it is going to stick.

For me the one on the fence is is Florence....one more amazing album and I could be a stan for life.

Bladenic

Not surprised Trigger hasn't listened to it before. It's not like Frank's 'stans' promote his music around here.

z63MU.gif

I know right. Bandwagons.

Also I think I saw something that confirmed Xtina and Cee Lo will both return for S5 of The Voice. I guess it could always change though.

SaintZ

I agree with Waffle *.*

Yes. Embrace ha. I agree with your view about stanning too. Even if Lana is pretty new, the moment I watched Video Games for the first time I fell in love. The fact that she edits her shit is so appealing to me since it is what I do for a living, among other things lol. I only stan for ha and Avril tbh.
disgusting.
ibhL5GEAjXXixx.gif

botty

Banned
This Kiss

Is something I can't resist

Your lips are

Un-de-ni-able

This Kiss

Is something I can't risk

Your Heart is

Un-re-li-able

Stan for class.

iytV1yhgDi43j.gif

I need to give her another shot. Purchased PE the other day....have yet to listen.

My hesitance come from the fact that I did buy BtD earlier in the year and it didn't do much for me. I generally listen to music by putting my ipod on shuffle while and and out and about. Her stuff just never clicked.

Maybe if I give her albums a straight up listen through I will like them more :(

Bladenic

I need to give her another shot. Purchased PE the other day....have yet to listen.

My hesitance come from the fact that I did buy BtD earlier in the year and it didn't do much for me. I generally listen to music by putting my ipod on shuffle while and and out and about. Her stuff just never clicked.

Maybe if I give her albums a straight up listen through I will like them more :(

Maybe, but it's doubtful. Lana is very much love or hate, it seems. Anything can happen, though.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Yes. Embrace ha. I agree with your view about stanning too. Even if Lana is pretty new, the moment I watched Video Games for the first time I fell in love. The fact that she edits her shit is so appealing to me since it is what I do for a living, among other things lol. I only stan for ha and Avril tbh.

Yes! That is part of the reason I also stan for her. From the outside, she might look like your regular "manufactured" popstar, but when you really study her work, you see that she makes everything her own whether it's by making/directing her own videos or taking a huge part in writing her songs. ;_________;

This Kiss

Is something I can't resist

Your lips are

Un-de-ni-able

This Kiss

Is something I can't risk

Your Heart is

Un-re-li-able

iAvN8u9yqIqal.gif

What heavenly words Botty. Praise my Canadian goddess.

So.....just curious. What music DONT you like?

I need some context.

If I am going to try to like Kiss.....I need to do it after I determine that its popgaf stan is not a crazyman.

Maybe, but it's doubtful. Lana is very much love or hate, it seems. Anything can happen, though.

Yeah that is my hunch as well....I want to like her though :(

Artemisia

Banned
It go Halle Berry or hallelujah

Pick your poison tell me what you do

Everybody gon' respect the shooter

But the one in front of the gun lives forever

Vazra

Try listening the album while you are relaxed doing not much. Maybe reading a book or eating. Maybe even posting on gaf. If it doesnt click at least you tried.

SaintZ

Yes! That is part of the reason I also stan for her. From the outside, she might look like your regular "manufactured" popstar, but when you really study her work, you see that she makes everything her own whether it's by making/directing her own videos or taking a huge part in writing her songs. ;_________;
Yeah, I feel people don't give her enough credit and this is why it pains me that she's not smashing in the US. *sigh* Maybe next era.

Also, this Carly talk make me want to listen to Curiosity (original version of course) :X

royalan

Dat Shakira gif
ieZ9fgb7vCIUS.gif

Awwwww BB, need some help with that? *.*

Yeah, I feel people don't give her enough credit and this is why it pains me that she's not smashing in the US. *sigh* Maybe next era.

Also, this Carly talk make me want to listen to Curiosity (original version of course) :X

I hate to say it, but that SNL backfire really did a number on her. I really think she would be doing a lot better in the US if that hadn't happened. Lana was proof this year that there IS such a thing a bad publicity. ;___;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom