• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemisia

Banned
MIA.jpg
MIA.jpg
MIA.jpg

The Born Free and Paper Planes (Oscar-nominated for the film Slumdog Millionaire) singer says her record company has stalled the release of her highly anticipated fourth album, Matangi, the follow-up to her 2010 international hit Maya, because it is "too positive".

The album title is a reference to her birth name, Mathangi, and a Hindu goddess of wisdom.

"It's due in April, which is the Tamil new year -- April 15th -- and I'm still working on it," she says.

"I thought I'd finished it. I finished it and then I handed the record in, like a couple of months ago ...

"At the moment, I've been told it's too positive. So we're having a bit of an issue at the label.

"They're like 'You need to like darken it up a bit'. I don't know what it is but as soon as I work that out.''

And M.I.A., the artist who flipped the bird live on TV during her performance at last year's Super Bowl, is agreeing to that?

"No, I'm taking my time to decide what they mean. It's an interesting one for me,'' she says.

"It's like 'We just built you up as the public enemy No. 1 and now you're coming out with all this positive stuff."

So why indulge them?

"Well, that's the point of being positive," she says, laughing.

omg
omg

OMG

I AM READY.

2v0g1oo.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
I had a dream that I had dinner with Lady Gaga at some Italian restaurant, and she confirmed "Ratchet" and that it would be her Bey and Rih on that song. She was such a nice woman. I think this dream was a sign to stan.

ibdI45f08pvs7Z.gif

Nemesis_

I had a dream that I had dinner with Lady Gaga at some Italian restaurant, and she confirmed "Ratchet" and that it would be her Bey and Rih on that song. She was such a nice woman. I think this dream was a sign to stan.

ibdI45f08pvs7Z.gif

What a flawfree dream, I wish I could be blessed with such night time visits.

Only the queen though

imMO4MpMAJ1Y0.gif

Nemesis_

How the fuck do you guys even play fucking Mario Kart?

Nintendo's online efforts are not this bad anymore, a fucking mess.

Now I know why I never BOUGHT IT UNTIL NOW.

Nemesis_

It works perfectly fine for those of us who don't live in Australia.

iC0fikUoQbN4B.gif

I wasn't talking about performance I was talking about the "lobby" system.

You cunts were dragging it almost every day I don't know why we're deciding to flip flop AGAIN all of a sudden.

Go to bed Arte, you're tired

i403VCIqSk5AZ.gif

Srsly compare this to Kid Icarus there is really no comparison

DMeisterJ

Banned
RIHANNA - Pour It Up: 15.175 (+ 0.575)

The updates for this song are getting bigger each day and it's still not an official single. All accounts point to the vile "Right Now" being the next one. Def Jam needs to not mess this up and just make PIU the single and make a video and have her perform it at the Grammys.

Mumei

nicki-minaj-mariah-carey-cover-the-hollywood-reporter.jpg

“Everyone thought she was just a daft, half-educated rapper,” he said. “But she has got a heart, and it’s starting to show, along with her intelligence, which threw some of us as well. And her eloquence and her grasp of what’s going on. I think she’ll surprise a lot of people.”

"We hired her thinking she was a moron, but she's actually aware of what's going on around her!"

Well, then.

Nemesis_

Her label said it's too positive? How is that a bad thing lol

MIA's music isn't exactly the bastion of positivity.

Though I'm surprised MIA's team would even entertain the thought of attempting to censor whatever she's put together for Matangi.

royalan

Her label said it's too positive? How is that a bad thing lol

I have a feeling that, judging by MIA's bitterness, that was label-speak for "GURL...I don't know how to tell you this, but these tracks you submitted are shit. Positively shit. Back to the drawing board because we refuse to press this shit to disc. Talk to you later kthxbye!"

Nemesis_

I C Nem has decided to spoil Skyfall for anyone that hasn't seen it

imw0EfsoKCfMb.gif

I haven't posted any spoilers yeT.

iYRXBCDRU7IKy.gif

Venture into that folder at your own periL.

With the numbers it's doing though, who hasn't seen it?

imMO4MpMAJ1Y0.gif

kiiiii I will change the cover photo tho

Galang

Banned
I feel darker content generally has more rewarding results as much fewer artists tread that territory. Very glad at the choice for M.I.A. and I haven't been let down by her yet, so no reason for me to be worried now. :)

SaintZ

Expect more, she is beautiful and flawless.

Where is Kelly Carlson now though :(

You're forgetting Queen Eden too tho
Didn't Kelly C did a movie with John Cena? That's the only place I've seen ha outside of Nip/Tuck.

And YAS. How could I forget Eden, the fantabulous bitch. Hated what they did to their characters :(. Troll Murphy is vile.
I'm enjoying AHS:A tho. I'm on episode 4. Mess.

Nemesis_

Daniel Craig is starting to look so old. How old is he?

He's only 44 :biblio:

This is the worst he looked though (below), but I guess he was MEANT to look bad but still :biblio:

iXFa7fRhVFF2F.gif

but then sometimes he serves up this fucking REAPER / ILLUSIVE MAN realness

449px-DanielCraigAAFeb09.jpg

Kyon

Banned
^^ Nem and I have watched the whole series sis

I still wish Nip/Tuck actors like Kimber were on AHS

@Roy is right. A mess

Nemesis_

Y'all talk about everything but music in here lately.

Yeah, you're right. But tbh there is nothing going on right now except more Azealia feuds and lbr who is here for them anymore.

Are you watching from the beginning? The first two seasons were so good ;__; I had forgotten about The Carver, Ava, Colleen and that fabulous bitch James. I want to watch now D:

Yeah, it's been so long since I watched them, just been putting them on while I've been studying / writing reviews and such. They are so good! Also keeping a keen eye out for GIF moments :p

All the villains in the show were fantastic, yes the stories got a bit ridiculous towards the end but the villains remained top notch.

I still wish Nip/Tuck actors like Kimber were on AHS

I just made this post in the AHS Asylum OT. Did I lie? :3

Nemesis_

Nip/Tuck getting more popularity because of Queen Kimber.

imMO4MpMAJ1Y0.gif

Who else?

imMO4MpMAJ1Y0.gif

This is my only GIF until I make more RIP

Nem and Kyon should volunteer for the PodCast

My voice is shit and I already do another one, time would be a big factor (also whenever I'm awake you guys are asleep ;_;)

idk if anyone remembers but I offered to host and edit at some point and everyone laughed RIP

We should do a test "Episode Zero" pilot run if you really want to do something tbh

royalan

We should do a test "Episode Zero" pilot run if you really want to do something tbh

Capital idea! *.*

I'm in. Marius is in. Bladenic is in. Christopher is in...if we can wrangle him long enough.

I know ITZ wanted to do it, too. But he seems to have vanished lately...

Nemesis_

I don't know if this helps yew, but best way to do it is to get everyone to record their parts using Audacity or something, and then the editor simply gets all those files and edits them together. Skype usually does the trick.

If you do it properly, it should all line up and little editing is needed (outside of editing out coughs or removing background noise and awkward pauses) and if the host / recorders feed fucks up you still have data from three other people.

IDK if you had a method in mind but this is what I use for my Nintendo site and it does really well (though the person who edits it is kind of annoying and drags his feet)

I hope he's okay :/

Sometimes he gets snowed under by work. I'm sure she is fine.

ibxkbmFfMyZ7Qr.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom