• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaintZ

Let me prepare for my show tonight.
Project Runway
BaRnI7k.gif
Yes, stan for the best reality show competition.

iPMb34RV5knYs.gif

I haven't watched Project Runway since Mondo was on a previous season, I forgot which season that was. I miss it, though. Tim Gunn is the epitome of awesome.

I haven't watched Project Runway since Mondo was on a previous season, I forgot which season that was. I miss it, though. Tim Gunn is the epitome of awesome.

I used to watch it religiously.

Now I usually wait till after the season is over. I <3 marathoning shows like Project Runway and Top Chef.

DMeisterJ

Banned
'This... stuff'? Oh. Okay. I see. You think this has nothing to do with you. You go to your closet and you select... I don't know... that lumpy blue sweater, for instance because you're trying to tell the world that you take yourself too seriously to care about what you put on your back. But what you don't know is that that sweater is not just blue, it's not turquoise. It's not lapis. It's actually cerulean. And you're also blithely unaware of the fact that in 2002, Oscar de la Renta did a collection of cerulean gowns. And then I think it was Yves Saint Laurent... wasn't it who showed cerulean military jackets? I think we need a jacket here. And then cerulean quickly showed up in the collections of eight different designers. And then it, uh, filtered down through the department stores and then trickled on down into some tragic Casual Corner where you, no doubt, fished it out of some clearance bin. However, that blue represents millions of dollars and countless jobs and it's sort of comical how you think that you've made a choice that exempts you from the fashion industry when, in fact, you're wearing the sweater that was selected for you by the people in this room from a pile of stuff.

BaRnI7k.gif

idOqyjHt7PR0o.gif

I love Top Chef. <3 I haven't missed a season since I started watching it during Season 4.

I forgot about Gretchen. I didn't care for her tbh.

I have all the seasons (except the last one which sucked) on DVD. <3

Season 4 was the best season anyways. I stanned Stephanie.

I liked Gretchen because I kind of felt bad for her awkwardness. She was brutally honest, not because she is a bitch, but because she had no filter. She always meant well :(

Plus her clothes were laid back and easy.

Trigger

Meh I hated his final collection on his original season.

He deserved to win the All Stars season though so all was right at the end of the day.

I was lukewarm on his final collection, but thought he was overall the better designer. I totally agree about All Stars though.

botty

Banned
I'm still surprised you didn't use Roy's thread as another gif-making opportunity.

Those Beyonce gifs were made for the little battle Second and I had. I don't even save those gifs to my minus, because I don't like using shade gifs.

Though, there is one I have saved.

beyonbleachxwfq0.gif

3phemeral

Those Beyonce gifs were made for the little battle Second and I had. I don't even save those gifs to my minus, because I don't like using shade gifs.

Though, there is one I have saved.

beyonbleachxwfq0.gif

Ah, really? Shade gifs are the best gifs, though. But I can see how they don't add views to your minus account; they hardly get reused.

botty

Banned
Ah, really? Shade gifs are the best gifs, though. But I can see how they don't add views to your minus account; they hardly get reused.

I agree, they are great; and I appreciate the technique that goes into them. I have just become so fond of gifs that convey emotions and actions.

botty

Banned
Rihanna is going to NYU...

4p0Y7.gif
4p0Y7.gif
4p0Y7.gif
4p0Y7.gif
4p0Y7.gif
4p0Y7.gif

Ok, now that I got that out of the way...

Rihanna is going to NYU

Remember that cover of Rihanna&#8217;s &#8220;Diamonds&#8221; that a group of students in NYU&#8217;s Clive Davis Institute of Recorded Music released at the end of last semester? Remember how the Internet freaked out about it and thought it was the best thing in the world? And remember how you totally rolled your eyes and acted like it was no big deal but secretly bragged about it to all of your state school friends?

Well, what you may not remember &#8212; or may have never known &#8212; is that the video was made as part of a contest created by Universal Music Group, which owns Def Jam Recordings, Rihanna&#8217;s record label. The contest was simple: Create a video rendition of &#8220;Diamonds,&#8221; upload it to YouTube, and submit the video to Universal. Rihanna herself was then to select the best rendition, whose creators would get a personal visit from the diva.
Although Rihanna and Def Jam have yet to publicly announce the winner, NYU Local has been tipped that our Clive Davis classmates in fact won the contest, and as a result, Rihanna will be visiting NYU&#8217;s campus to meet the winners this spring.

NYU freshman Cari Fletcher, a singer in the video, made the following announcement to her Facebook artist page on January 25th of this year: &#8220;Just found out Clive Davis Institute won the Rihanna &#8216;Diamonds&#8217; cover competition!!!! She&#8217;ll be coming to visit us and hang out at NYU this spring!&#8221;

NYU Local reached out to other singers and producers involved with the Clive Davis &#8220;Diamonds&#8221; video, and although many insisted upon waiting to confirm the report until Rihanna and Def Jam make an official announcement &#8212; which is expected to come next week &#8212; a few couldn&#8217;t help expressing excitement.
&#8220;We&#8217;re pumped about it all!&#8221; said NYU junior John Phillips, who both sang and edited vocals for the video.

Universal created the contest to promote &#8220;Diamonds,&#8221; the first single off of Rihanna&#8217;s seventh and latest studio album, Unapologetic. Although most critics insist that Unapologetic is not the singer&#8217;s best work, it is the only of her albums to ever top the US albums chart.
We&#8217;ll be sure to keep you updated as the details of Rihanna&#8217;s visit to NYU are revealed. But until then, shine bright like a diamond.

Mau ®

What's so funny about Rih going college (even if its just for a visit)?

Dont forget your extinct fave barely graduated high-school :)

Nemesis_

What Xtina's degree in?

NOTHING

She attended Rochester Area School District and Marshall Middle School near Wexford.[19] Her talent was kept a secret to avoid bullying of other children. Following her television appearances Aguilera experienced resentment and bullying including an incident in which her peers slashed the tires on her family's car.[22]

She attended North Allegheny Intermediate High School briefly until she was home schooled following several incidents.[19] Aguilera recalls, "doing what I did and maybe being a little smaller, I was definitely picked on and bullied for the attention that I got. It was definitely unwanted attention and there was a lot of unfairness about it."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom