• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyon

Banned
Every artist needs promotion. Grammy was just a big promotion for him, his buzz is bigger then the previous comeback attempts. We'll see next month :). I predict 400k.

a Mill by the end of the year. He is an album artist so those sales are garunteed although the Alicia Keys recent failure has left a sour taste because as much as I loathe it it sells albums so that's why I never dragged its music career. Then again Squints alberm sales and Forehead Fenty going #1 changes everything.

Every artist needs promotion. Grammy was just a big promotion for him, his buzz is bigger then the previous comeback attempts. We'll see next month :). I predict 400k.

For the album debut?

Maybe 200k-300k imo. Wouldn't shock me if it was lower, especially if S&T is still the single when it hits. They need to ditch that song ASAP or it will weigh down the album. It isn't going anywhere on radio.

Artemisia

Banned
Racism never wins. Jim Crow + The Machine tried it.

But proponents of domestic abuse and adultery, and poor diet and exercise seem to be openly celebrated at the Grammys.

Only in America, I suppose.

iGHxoA7bGF3LX.gif

Majmun

I agree with DMeisterJ's stance on this whole Bey thing. I also expected new material to drop. I don't know what she's doing.

Releasing new material will boost ticket sales even more.

Koodo

Banned
LMAO, I just realized Kelly used her acceptance speech to beg for a collabo.

Bless her heart. One day, someone will say Yes.
Xtincta will.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Why won't people record with her tho? I honestly don't get it.
Would you want to collaborate with someone whose voice can basically dominate any genre and song it sings? She may not be releasing platinum hit after platinum hit, but no one can deny that her voice is stellar. No female artist should want to sing with her; they have absolutely nothing to gain and would just get overpowered by her. And that's not even me stanning; it's true. If she wants more duets, she needs to go after male singers. "Don't You Wanna Stay" was great, her live cover of "Fast Car" with Daughtry was fantastic... She really needs to go that route.

She did? Wow I feel bad :( I WISH more of our faves collabed ugh

Wait you didn't watch?

Her acceptance speech was hilarious.

Would you want to collaborate with someone whose voice can basically dominate any genre and song it sings? She may not be releasing platinum hit after platinum hit, but no one can deny that her voice is stellar. No female artist should want to sing with her; they have absolutely nothing to gain and would just get overpowered by her. And that's not even me stanning; it's true. If she wants more duets, she needs to go after male singers. "Don't You Wanna Stay" was great, her live cover of "Fast Car" with Daughtry was fantastic... She really needs to go that route.

Where are the lies?

There are none.

I like her voice with better with male voices anyways. While a collab with Adele would be interesting, I doubt it would be all that good.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Twitter said:
Tonight’s GRAMMY awards brought together the biggest stars from each corner of the music world. Fans tuned in to see who took home the hardware, and also to take in the blockbuster performances. Throughout the evening, fans sent more than 14 million Tweets about the GRAMMYs.

The biggest spikes in Twitter conversation about the show came during these memorable moments:

-Jay-Z, Kanye West, Frank Ocean, and The Dream win for best rap collaboration (and Jay-Z jokes about The Dream’s hat): 116,400 TPM
-Rihanna’s solo performance: 114,800 TPM
-Prince announces Record of the Year: 109,400 TPM
-Fun. wins best new artist: 100,600 TPM

The star-studded performances were big topics of conversation as well, as fans watched unique collaborations and jaw-dropping theatrics. The on-stage performances that generated the most buzz were:

-Rihanna’s solo performance of “Stay”
-Bob Marley tribute (featuring Sting, Bruno Mars, Rihanna, and Ziggy Marley)
-Carrie Underwood performs “Blown Away”
-Maroon 5 and Alicia Keys collaboration
-Justin Timberlake performs with Jay-Z

Whether it was because of their performance, their victory, or maybe their attire, these artists individually were the hottest topics of conversation on Twitter:

1. Rihanna
2. Frank Ocean
3. Taylor Swift
4. Beyonce
5. Justin Timberlake
6. Ed Sheeran

Rihanna the hottest topic of the night with her dual performances generating the most buzz, and having the second highest tweets/minute of the night. The GP is here for her.

ibnRDChYljBmqe.gif

--

Also, I see Frank is the second hottest topic of the night.

When will Miguel? x

Kyon

Banned
Arte did you go to some secret society of dragging where time and space all but is non existent and MEDITATE there because I'm SCREAMING @ your replies today. I am crying

Bladenic

Yes, I would say that Florence's chances at winning at the Local Southern White Pandering awards are about as likely as Kelly getting to release a second chapter of greatest hits.

iGHxoA7bGF3LX.gif

Still more likely than Florence ever having enough hits to compile a Greatest Hits.

It's as likely as Florence ever having enough hits to compile a Greatest Hits.

She had that song on Twilight though.....and Snow White White and the Huntsman.

#Impact

Arte did you go to some secret society of dragging where time and space all but is non existent and MEDITATE there because I'm SCREAMING @ your replies today. I am crying

Lol he hasn't changed. He is just seething right now.

cory64

Meanwhile Rihanna could put out a 2-volume set right now.
When will labels/artists learn not to number them until you have two ready?

Meanwhile Rihanna could put out a 2-volume set right now.

Don't give her any ideas or we will get a GH's album every year that just contains the songs from her last album + Umbrella.

When will labels/artists learn not to number them until you have two ready?

Kelly is of the mindset that GH's album are for artists who are retired/retiring.

She wanted "Chapter 1" to be on it to make it very clear that she has no intention of quitting.

Did she lie? Her career has been reduced to singing old classics and begging O!nk and motherfucking Jessie J for collabs.

She has been doing that for years......yet here she still is.

Your pressedness over her winning is rather hilarious though.

Meanwhile Florence cannot be forgotten because no one knew who she was in the first place.

Artemisia

Banned
She has been doing that for years......yet here she still is.

Your pressedness over her winning is rather hilarious though.

Kelly stans should be more pressed than I am.

I sincerely hope you weren't expecting better music from Kelly next time around. It must serve as some sort of encouragement for Kelly to continue what she's doing when her album full of by-the-book basic filth wins a grammy for pop album of the year.

iGHxoA7bGF3LX.gif

Kelly stans should be more pressed than I am.

I sincerely hope you weren't expecting better music from Kelly next time around. It must serve as some sort of encouragement to Kelly to continue what she's doing when her album full of by the book basic filth wins a grammy for pop album of the year.

Just saying something is true doesn't make it true. You were seething hard in the grammy's thread over Kelly's win. You are still seething. I saw no Kelly stans seething when she lost her other nominations.

So lets stop with the lies Artemess.

...and you will continue to seethe when People Like Us is a critically acclaimed smash hit.

Bladenic

Like, I'm literally dying of laughter at all of Artemisia's posts. Changing your avatar is the ultimate indication of nothing but being pressed. It's embarrassing, really.

Slowly but surely GAF is coming to terms with Justin's awful comeback. Yassss...

Honestly, I think he may throw out another single right before launch to try to erase the taste of S&T. Not sure whether it will work but what else can he do?

His new sound is a curiosity at best. Radio will no embrace it.

royalan

Honestly, I think he may throw out another single right before launch to try to erase the taste of S&T. Not sure whether it will work but what else can he do?

His new sound is a curiosity at best. Radio will no embrace it.

Because its not a new sound.

It's a shameless attempt to rehash his Justified/FSLS sound. Not a single thing about any song we've heard has the mountain spring scent of freshness, and that's the problem. It ain't 2006 no more...

Because its not a new sound.

It's a shameless attempt to rehash his Justified/FSLS sound. Not a single thing about any song we've heard has the mountain spring scent of freshness, and that's the problem. It ain't 2006 no more...

Well I should have said "new to current radio" since no one else is trying to pull this shit right now.

Bladenic

The sound is one thing, the album length is another. Only 10 tracks? That screams quick and rushed job. If JT wanted a big comeback, he should've put more work into it.

I still don't think he'll outright flop nor do I hate what I've heard, but it's not gonna FutureSex after Justified again.

cory64

He's not commanding the sound. It's just "oh hey, I thought it would be cool if I did a song that sounded like this, but I can't really commit to actually trying to be about that."

royalan

I can't at all these half-assed attempts starting off 2013. The scent of TryHard is strong in the air right now.

Calling it now: Sia's album will be the first truly great album of the year. And I'm changing my opinion on Gaga. While everyone else is racing to dick-ride R&B, I think Gaga's going to pull her head out of her ass just in time to drop an album that's unapologetically dancey and slay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom