• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

@thebackseatmodding&celebration
VjvlV.gif
VjvlV.gif
VjvlV.gif

There are probably better ways to shade someone than posting creepy/gross pictures.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
image.php

Where is ha sense of sisterhood?

Definitely not with Cyno ;)

JK: When you post creepy/gross stuff where is not needed simply things go out of the window. Also Cyno aint one of my main sisters. (Aguila, Artemess and Waffle to mention a few)

Vazra

I can see someone requesting the post to be deleted, but she went all the way for the ban.

I can understand why Cyno was banned, but I would never want anyone here to be banned.
52b0f867.gif
52b0f867.gif

It's probably a week ban. Don't cry so much it will make you wrinkle some more.

Bladenic

I was feeling itt but Cyno fucked up the transition into the bridge.

Listen to this instead <3

BLESS. I love this song so much. Still a giant mystery why it wasn't the leading single, or even the follow up. I guess maybe because its not really Leona's usual wheelhouse but still, a great song is a great song.

royalan

Darnit Cyno-sis. I hope it's not permanent. ;___;

iLpsyDMwbvFQ4.gif

Well, if he had to go out...at least he managed to create that ICONIC Britney dragging thread. Truly a work of art. *.*

BLESS. I love this song so much. Still a giant mystery why it wasn't the leading single, or even the follow up. I guess maybe because its not really Leona's usual wheelhouse but still, a great song is a great song.
I think it's because she's not comfortable performing uptempos. She always looked awkward performing "Collide" and for live gigs defaults to the acoustic versions for even mid-tempos like "Better In Time" and "Come Alive" 95% of the time.

Which is a shame because as "Glassheart" and "Sugar" show, her voice can really carry ass-shaking bops to new heights.

Vazra

I think it's because she's not comfortable performing uptempos. She always looked awkward performing "Collide" and for live gigs defaults to the acoustic versions for even mid-tempos like "Better In Time" and "Come Alive" 95% of the time.

Which is a shame because as "Glassheart" and "Sugar" show, her voice can really carry ass-shaking bops to new heights.

I agree with all of this Leona. She needs more confidence in herself you can notice shyness still while performing and she shouldnt be with the talent she has. The main problem of Glassheart (Album) was the first single was weak and the promo wasnt handled with care. Leona its a great artist and I hope she recovers from this phase and comes stronger than ever. We'll see what happens eventually but I want to see/listen more of her.

royalan

Leona needs to diversify and discover who she is as an artist.

I don't mean that as a READ, as Glassheart wasn't a bad album, but there's very little personality to it, imo. A lot of those songs could have been sung by anyone with a decent voice, and a lot of those songs didn't fit Leona. That was my biggest problem with Trouble. It's a gut-wrenching soul ballad about a woman trying to convince her man that she's a damn disaster waiting to happen...but she's singing it like an angel sent from heaven, and not in a charmingly ironic sort of way. It was like somebody took a Mary J Blige ballad and gave it to Mandy Moore. Just no connection whatsoever. And disconnect is a theme that permeates throughout that entire album.

I think there was so much hype surrounding Leona's debut as The Next Whitney/Mariah/Dion that it stilted her growth, and it seems like rather than truly digging deep and trying to carve out her own lane she keeps waiting for The Big Whitney/Mariah/Dion Moment that's, honestly, never going to come. And, even if it did, it would still leave Leona without an identity.

Leona (the poster) may drag me for saying this, but I think Leona (the increasingly irrelevant singer) is in desperate need of a Stripped. Not necessarily a similar album in theme or tone, perhaps, but definitely an album that shouts from the rooftops "Fuck what you THINK you know about me!" Fuck the big ballads and the pretty but completely fucking meaningless songs about fireflies and Lisa Frank-esque Lovebird metaphors. Fucking give us you. Nobody cares that Leona Lewis can sing pretty songs (obviously) and look ethereal in her music videos. There are tons of girls who can do that just as well and a hell of a lot more distinctively. Time to give us MORE. Dig deeper.

Trigger

Leona needs to diversify and discover who she is as an artist.

I don't mean that as a READ, as Glassheart wasn't a bad album, but there's very little personality to it, imo. A lot of those songs could have been sung by anyone with a decent voice, and a lot of those songs didn't fit Leona. That was my biggest problem with Trouble. It's a gut-wrenching soul ballad about a woman trying to convince her man that she's a damn disaster waiting to happen...but she's singing it like an angel sent from heaven, and not in a charmingly ironic sort of way. It was like somebody took a Mary J Blige ballad and gave it to Mandy Moore. Just no connection whatsoever. And disconnect is a theme that permeates throughout that entire album.

I think there was so much hype surrounding Leona's debut as The Next Whitney/Mariah/Dion that it stilted her growth, and it seems like rather than truly digging deep and trying to carve out her own lane she keeps waiting for The Big Whitney/Mariah/Dion Moment that's, honestly, never going to come. And, even if it did, it would still leave Leona without an identity.

Leona (the poster) may drag me for saying this, but I think Leona (the increasingly irrelevant singer) is in desperate need of a Stripped. Not necessarily a similar album in theme or tone, perhaps, but definitely an album that shouts from the rooftops "Fuck what you THINK you know about me!" Fuck the big ballads and the pretty but completely fucking meaningless songs about fireflies and Lisa Frank-esque Lovebird metaphors. Fucking give us you. Nobody cares that Leona Lewis can sing pretty songs (obviously) and look ethereal in her music videos. There are tons of girls who can do that just as well and a hell of a lot more distinctively. Time to give us MORE. Dig deeper.

I'm also curious what a Stripped-esque album would sound like from Leona.

Vazra

I think Leona (the increasingly irrelevant singer) is in desperate need of a Stripped. Not necessarily a similar album in theme or tone, perhaps, but definitely an album that shouts from the rooftops "Fuck what you THINK you know about me!" Fuck the big ballads and the pretty but completely fucking meaningless songs about fireflies and Lisa Frank-esque Lovebird metaphors. Fucking give us you. Nobody cares that Leona Lewis can sing pretty songs (obviously) and look ethereal in her music videos. There are tons of girls who can do that just as well and a hell of a lot more distinctively. Time to give us MORE. Dig deeper.

I think you might be into something. Leona can certainly be versatile and maybe a out of the comfort zone album for her might be a positive thing in the career since she can certainly do dance songs etc. Its not exactly going slutty Xtina but explore things she hasnt done. Do 1 experimental album and see if it works. Some worked and some not but overall its usually something good to do to see where you can go.

45 – DANGEROUSLY IN LOVE, Beyonce (2003)
44 – ST. ELSEWHERE, Gnarls Barkley (2006)
40 -- LOOSE, Nelly Furtado (2006)
31 -- I AM... SASHA FIERCE, Beyonce (2008)
29 – SPEAKERBOXXX/THE LOVE BELOW, Outkast (2003)
27 – 19, Adele (2008)
24 – 4, Beyonce (2011)
21 – BACK TO BASICS, Christina Aguilera (2006)
19 -- THE REMINDER, Feist (2007)
18 -- THE FAME MONSTER, Lady Gaga (2009)
17 -- JUSTIFIED, Justin Timberlake (2003)
14 -- STRIPPED, Christina Aguilera (2002)
12 -- BORN THIS WAY, Lady Gaga (2011)
11 -- MISS E... SO ADDICTIVE, Missy Elliott (2001)
9 -- THE MISEDUCATION OF LAURYN HILL, Lauryn Hill (1998)
8 -- FUTURESEX/LOVESOUNDS, Justin Timberlake (2006)
5 -- CONFESSIONS ON A DANCE FLOOR, Madonna (2005)
4 -- BACK TO BLACK, Amy Winehouse (2006)
3 -- B’DAY, Beyonce (2006)
2 -- RAY OF LIGHT, Madonna (1998)

These are the only one's I've heard all the way through. I didn't particularly enjoy two of those. Looks like I stopped listening to new music when I turned 30. Thanks to Popgaf and Rihanna that has changed! Great list Scribbles. <3

B-Dex

I've had wine and cold medication gurls. My turkey dinner was amazing. BRINE YOUR TURKEYS HOs.

Prolly shoulda skipped the wine.

rol3_1_gif5.gif

family did it early due to schedules

I agree with all of this Leona. She needs more confidence in herself you can notice shyness still while performing and she shouldnt be with the talent she has. The main problem of Glassheart (Album) was the first single was weak and the promo wasnt handled with care. Leona its a great artist and I hope she recovers from this phase and comes stronger than ever. We'll see what happens eventually but I want to see/listen more of her.
i9rkXIKz7T4TM.gif

I am truly touched, sistrens.

YOU HAVE INSPIRED ME

No longer shall I wallow in despair. No longer shall I languish in anxiety.

ibbpUU7MNydXAN.gif

I will remain an ever-faithful stan. I will love and support my fave through the thick and the thicker, with honor, dignity, and a bounteous serving of side eye cunt.

iJbFmD9tF4huF.gif

And when the clouds break and the new year descends upon us all...

ibcQ0TpSJP09fz.gif

...my fave will once again unleash her domination upon our unworthy souls.

iirV7HyevmAzl.gif

I don't mind if it rains for a century
I revive
See when I come alive

iblQh9xBnyur8z.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I think every main character of PopGaf has voted

Aguila
Artemisia
B-Dex
Bladenic
botty
cory64
Crumpet Trumpet
Cynosure
DMeisterJ
Delio
inthezone
Koodo
lastinline
Leona Lewis
Marius_
moulels
Nemesis_
Nlroh
Pupi18
<+)O Robido O(+>
Saintz
Second
Soulscribe
Supermanisdead
Trigger
Wafflecakes

but in case someone is forgetting or whatever
LAST HOUR

iZiBSgLkhHVSF.gif

Nemesis_

There was a cat fight in my store about who would be the last person to buy our last copy of COD.

I wish I filmed it so I could GIF it.

Also what happened to Cyno and why did I miss it RIP

I am truly touched, sistrens.

YOU HAVE INSPIRED ME

No longer shall I wallow in despair. No longer shall I languish in anxiety.

I will remain an ever-faithful stan. I will love and support my fave through the thick and the thicker, with honor, dignity, and a bounteous serving of side eye cunt.

And when the clouds break and the new year descends upon us all...

...my fave will once again unleash her domination upon our unworthy souls.

I don't mind if it rains for a century
I revive
See when I come alive

No where to go but up I suppose....but if you can remain strong, maybe, just maybe, there is still a chance.

TBH if Leona, with that amazing voice, could manage to produce a different kind of pop music that was more interesting (relative to her past work) I would totally be there for it.

Trigger

There was a cat fight in my store about who would be the last person to buy our last copy of COD.

I wish I filmed it so I could GIF it.

Also what happened to Cyno and why did I miss it RIP

Cyno posted a series of deformed hand photos. I think it was shade about Ellie.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
The Polls are now closed

Thanks to everyone who participated, now to tally up the votes
Enjoy your Christmas and come back after to see if your fave made it

Shine Bright and dont get Banned
iWQCehMgrAhES.gif

Vazra

It really was. I was feeling sorry for her after sitting through it.

I have never seen someone so bored/uninterested and lifeless on a music video. Also the effects on the voice don't do her any justice, The song sounds fine until the beat kicks in which pretty much ruins everything else. She has a nice voice but she missuses it on garbage music. The song felt overproduced and underproduced at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom